August 25, 2010 - Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Moscow will be sold out on pre-sale, not too many U2 fans over there. Unless, of course, the whole Europe decides to go to that show. Then we're screwed. :ohmy:

The best way to buy tickets for Russia is at the venue. That's the way we always did it (I'm from there originally), but of course, it might be problematic due to me being on the other side of the Atlantic now.

I don't think Moscow will be sold out on pre-sale, not too many U2 fans over there. Unless, of course, the whole Europe decides to go to that show. Then we're screwed. :ohmy:

The best way to buy tickets for Russia is at the venue. That's the way we always did it (I'm from there originally), but of course, it might be problematic due to me being on the other side of the Atlantic now.

Hey Nat! Good to see you here (it's Nick)

I thought about skipping the online ticket sale and simply buying tickets in Moscow, but I'm a bit concerned about bogus tickets. What do you think?

You're right about the presale not being popular, but that's the case with most of these European shows, a lot of fans don't want to pay U2.com the extra $50 and would rather take their chances during the general sale. Can't blame them, but I'd rather pay the $12 per ticket surcharge and not have to worry for the next nine months about finding a ticket there.

Cannot wait for this show: U2 in Moscow, amazing :hyper:

Hey Nat! Good to see you here (it's Nick)

I thought about skipping the online ticket sale and simply buying tickets in Moscow, but I'm a bit concerned about bogus tickets. What do you think?

You're right about the presale not being popular, but that's the case with most of these European shows, a lot of fans don't want to pay U2.com the extra $50 and would rather take their chances during the general sale. Can't blame them, but I'd rather pay the $12 per ticket surcharge and not have to worry for the next nine months about finding a ticket there.

Cannot wait for this show: U2 in Moscow, amazing :hyper:
:wave: Hi Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, bogus tickets can be a problem, but if you buy at the venue, they will definitely be legit. I am going to try for the general online public sale. Oakland worked for me, so I'm hoping Moscow will too. Fingers crossed!

:wave: Hi Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, bogus tickets can be a problem, but if you buy at the venue, they will definitely be legit. I am going to try for the general online public sale. Oakland worked for me, so I'm hoping Moscow will too. Fingers crossed!

Good luck, Nat!!

I'm just worried that the ticketing website will crash during the general sale, as they did during the Chorzow and Zagreb general sales.

If they ever decide to sell these tickets, I will buy during the presale, then try during the general sale to get you a pair.

Does everyone here have the "getting a visa" for Russia all worked out? Hope it is not too hard for us Canadians to get a visa. Really hope I don't have to jump through a lot of hoops to get one. ;)

Good luck, Nat!!

I'm just worried that the ticketing website will crash during the general sale, as they did during the Chorzow and Zagreb general sales.

If they ever decide to sell these tickets, I will buy during the presale, then try during the general sale to get you a pair.
Awesome!!! Thanks. I will try different things too and I hope we will get it worked out in the end. We should!

Does everyone here have the "getting a visa" for Russia all worked out? Hope it is not too hard for us Canadians to get a visa. Really hope I don't have to jump through a lot of hoops to get one.
The process is very bureaucratic. You will get it in the end, but the paperwork and the costs can discourage a lot of people, just like 4U2Play said.

I had thought that the visa requirements would mean that the rest of Europe wouldn't all be descending on Moscow, which hopefully makes tickets/accommodation/flight booking more straightforward for those of us who are going.

This visa application process can look offputting, but really it's just filling in a form, having the right paperwork to support the application, and paying a lot of money. I've done it 4 times before and never had a problem. It's just a little annoying that that here in the UK the process has been outsourced, so we have to pay an agency fee as well as the visa cost...

And Red Square would be awesome! :drool:

This visa application process can look offputting, but really it's just filling in a form, having the right paperwork to support the application, and paying a lot of money. I've done it 4 times before and never had a problem. It's just a little annoying that that here in the UK the process has been outsourced, so we have to pay an agency fee as well as the visa cost...
How much money is it, if you don't mind me asking? (I know I could google it, but I'm too lazy!). U.S. tourist visa for Russian citizens is $120, I believe, and not guaranteed - you still pay whether they decide to let you in or not. Money is non-refundable :D

How much money is it, if you don't mind me asking? (I know I could google it, but I'm too lazy!). U.S. tourist visa for Russian citizens is $120, I believe, and not guaranteed - you still pay whether they decide to let you in or not. Money is non-refundable :D

It varies by nationality (I think according to how much your country charges Russians for a visa). Applying in the UK a UK citizen would pay £50 ($83ish) for the visa and £25.30 agency fee, US citizens £79 ($131ish) plus fee. The rest of the EU seems to pay £30. Agency fee isn't refundable, not sure about the visa cost. US citizens used to have to fill in an extra form, not sure if they still do.

20kq8a8.jpg
2znrih1.jpg
210f49x.jpg
2ed4akz.jpg

Just thought I would resurface this one because it is finally going on sale this coming friday.

I entered my presale code, chose 2 tickets ("dancing" means GA), then found out they don't send tickets outside Russia.
When I had to choose payment methods, I clicked pay by credit card online and it wrote server error in Russian.
So I tried one more time and the same happened.
When I tried for the third time, it said I had already used my presale code.

God bless you, Russia!

By the way, my friend chose the option pay by card at the box office and it worked. But still, it doesn't mean he won't have any problems 8 months later in Moscow.

Yeah, the same problems. I phoned to callcenter and girl said that she doesn't know anything about presale!! I speak russian and i live in moscow so I have no problems with paying by cash at the office but I can imagine how people form other countries are worrying now

Yeah, the same problems. I phoned to callcenter and girl said that she doesn't know anything about presale!! I speak russian and i live in moscow so I have no problems with paying by cash at the office but I can imagine how people form other countries are worrying now

So you're in Russia and you had trouble paying by credit card? Maybe not just an outside Russia problem then.

I wish I could be able to go, that'd be wonderful as it's right next to my native country. But alas, it won't happen.

I wonder how large the U2 fan base is in Russia/Former Soviet States?

I wish I could be able to go, that'd be wonderful as it's right next to my native country. But alas, it won't happen.

I wonder how large the U2 fan base is in Russia/Former Soviet States?
U2 fan base is probably very small in Russia. That's just a guess, but when I lived there I exclusively hung out with people who loved music, and I don't remember anyone liking U2. But I'm sure there's enough people to fill a stadium!

As for the "Former Soviet States", I have no idea, since most of these states have nothing in common with Russia ethnically or culturally, and they have their own thing going on.

U2 fan base is probably very small in Russia. That's just a guess, but when I lived there I exclusively hung out with people who loved music, and I don't remember anyone liking U2. But I'm sure there's enough people to fill a stadium!

As for the "Former Soviet States", I have no idea, since most of these states have nothing in common with Russia ethnically or culturally, and they have their own thing going on.

Yeah, that's true. My parents didn't know who U2 were until I told them. :wink:

Though i'm sure Russia will regard this as a large event, I mean, it's The Claw!

experience was easy. of course, helps to understand Russian, but it's navigable for non-speakers. Funny thing is, this morning, there aer still over 3,000 GAs left! If anyone else needs help, I can help later today. Just email me.

It's not an e-ticket, but you get a confirmation number needed to pick up the certificate/ticket. So, nothing in hand till you're in country. I'm hoping my friend in Moscow who was going to buy me 4 more tickets can get the certificates in hand so I can have something (I feel naked without a ticket in hand).

So Marty, you're coming to Moscow with us, right? If my friend gets me 4 more, that will mean I have 8 tix and will have some to spare.

I was really tempted by this one - would love to visit Moscow but the price os flights and visas make it prohibitive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom