August 20 Don valley stadium Sheffield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the edges plec

Acrobat
Here's the order of the show:hyper:

U2
Sheffield Don Valley Stadium
Thursday, 20th August 2009, 17:00 PM

Doors: 17:00

Un-Named Support: 18:00 - 18:30

Elbow: 19: 00 - 20:00

U2: 20: 30

I really can't wait it should be an amazing day:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I wonder if the doors will open at 5pm for all of the shows. That's quite late compared to previous tours. It means anyone queueing for GA from the morning will have ages to wait before the dash to the front.

I wonder if the doors will open at 5pm for all of the shows. That's quite late compared to previous tours. It means anyone queueing for GA from the morning will have ages to wait before the dash to the front.

I think Sydney Vertigo was around 4-4:30. A very long hot wait in +30C (+85F) sunshine.

Just sent you a PM about the Vegas hotel.

The promising thing about this gig is that since Don Valley is the smallest stadium on the whole tour, the stage claw will look even more massive!!

Me and my mate are getting the train down there around lunchtime. We going for a pub lunch while we there, then we are making are way down to the stadium to get the chants going.

:D

I think my train will go right by the stadium! What a view :drool:

Haven't decided yet on what time I'll be getting there though :hmm:

Closer to the time we should all get each others numbers and stuff. :hyper:

so exciting!
is everyone GA?
i am hehe! me mate bless her is well under 5foot so hope she can see!
day after my bday so gunna be completely hyperactive!
going to sheffield on 19th (for bday drinks..lol) and then gunna get to stadium early...hope for hot sunshine! not like vertigo tour at manchester when i had to sit in a shower curtain to keep dry:huh:

I will bring a few cupcakes along ..... BRING YOUR OWN CANDLES !!...... and your own cakes.....

After show Gig?

Anyone planning on going to the tribute gig after the show at the Corporation?

We are stayin overnight so thought might give it a shot, band is ZU2.

more here You'll never leave

Cheers
Warby

Can anyone give me more info about the GA system at Sheffield. I have 2 tickets but am considering getting 2 more for a couple of friends. The tickets have GA2, GA3, GA8 etc. on the top, but does this refer to a internal counting system, or will there be numerous queues? I'd like to be in the same queue as them.

Mine says GA7, but also has N-Stan on it too. Is that North Stand? :hmm:
DV's website isnt helpful either about the tour, just has seating plans.

My tickets say GA1, then on the ticket stub say Horiga.

I`m really finding it hard to decide where to head for - pit or outside rail. I suppose it depends on what time me and my mate decide to start queuing up! We`ve got red zone at wembley 1 and GA at wembley 2 before that!

I`m already having withdrawal symptoms from Croke - it was amazing :drool:

My tickets say GA1, then on the ticket stub say Horiga.

I`m really finding it hard to decide where to head for - pit or outside rail. I suppose it depends on what time me and my mate decide to start queuing up! We`ve got red zone at wembley 1 and GA at wembley 2 before that!

I`m already having withdrawal symptoms from Croke - it was amazing :drool:

I had to buy an extra ticket on ebay for my girlfriend's brother, so I was concerned about it being a different queue. Hopefully security won't be too bothered?

I'll be heading for pit back-rail or mid-pit again. Though I do like outside rail... the band use it too rarely for my liking.

I'm GA at Wembley 1, and seats at Wembley 2... I too am having Dublin withdrawal (though not sorry to see the back of those prices!!)

roll on Electrical Storm :love:

Yes I was a litle disappointed at how little the band used the catwalk. I think pit back rail is the best place. just bought a camera off ebay so hoping for some good pix :drool:

Concert timetable

Me and a friend of mine is coming up from Nottingham by train. I was wondering if anyone knows what time the gig is due to finish so we can work out the timetables to get back. I would very much appreciate it?

Me and a friend of mine is coming up from Nottingham by train. I was wondering if anyone knows what time the gig is due to finish so we can work out the timetables to get back. I would very much appreciate it?

If they are due on stage at 8.30 I would estimate 10.45-11pm

I just want my f##king tickets:angry:,This is just like 2005 waiting for Seetickets to dispatch my tickets for Manchester 1,the only difference is this time it's ticketline,:scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom