August 20 and 21, 2010 - Olympic Stadium, Helsinki, Finland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Is it too early to start this thread, I don' think so seem as the pre-sale is due to start next Tuesday, which unfortunately I'm unable to take part in! :gah: Also I've been waiting many a year to start this thread and can hardly believe it's finally happening!! :happydance: :loveshower: :yippie:

And remember if you don't have a valid pre-sale code, or even if you do, then sign up with lippu.fi

Lippu.fi -

Any one else going to Helsinki? :hyper:

I might, haven't quite made up my mind yet because of scheduling reasons beyond my control. I really would like to see them again though.
And in Finland too, it's quite handy to get there from Stockholm, right? :love:'

What is Lippu.fi exactly and how would I get pre-sale codes from there?

Nevermind about Lippu.fi, I found out. And I must've understood it wrong about getting presale codes then :reject:. Anyway for those of you that don't know, Lippu.fi will be handling the ticket sales over the internet for concert-goers abroad as well as from Finland, I suppose.
Here's something to give everyone a general idea of the pricing, taken from Live Nation Finland:
StadiumU2.jpg

Nevermind about Lippu.fi, I found out. And I must've understood it wrong about getting presale codes then :reject:. Anyway for those of you that don't know, Lippu.fi will be handling the ticket sales over the internet for concert-goers abroad as well as from Finland, I suppose.
Here's something to give everyone a general idea of the pricing, taken from Live Nation Finland:
StadiumU2.jpg

Oh thanks for the seating plan! I have an old one from 1997, the last time I was at the Olympic stadium!! :sexywink: Last time I was in 26 D right on the left hand side of U2s Popmart stage as seen here....

U2Popmartstage.jpg

My view of the rest of the stadium....

Helsinki_1997_02.jpg

Helsinki_1997_03.jpg

And the only way you can get a pre-sale codes is by renewing your membership right now with u2.com, which I think is a bit cheeky on their part coz in my opinion they could have easily have waited until the majority of us are due to renew at the beginning of next year, before putting these tickets on sale! :tsk:

Here's a couple of pics of the Olympic stadium from the outside....

Stadion-1.jpg

Helsinkistadium.jpg

So the pre-sales for Helsinki start tomorrow and my long time U2 buddy, Hanna who is in the Horizon group, will be buyiing us tickets! :hug: Wishing her the best of luck!! :up:

She has a much better chance of getting tickets than me, even though I have now renewed my u2.com membership. Saturday I received an e-mail from u2.com saying, that if I renew right now, not only will I get a new pre-sale code but also that my membership will be extended from the time I was due to renew, so I won't lose anything over renewing now, also I only had to pay $40 instead of $50 and I also received a 25 % discount coupon that I can use to purhace merchandize from the u2.com shop! :hyper:

I have now have a new pre-sale code, and I'm in the Breathe group and my membership continues until February 2011! I'm hoping Hanna gets the tickets we want coz I want to save my code for either a second Helsinki show, or for the Moscow show. :hmm:

So good luck to everyone, hope you get what you're looking for! :D

Got my tickets today :hyper::love::reject::wave::applaud:

sorry for all emotes, but if I only could post a video of me jumping around my house.

:reject:

Yeah, I got mine too! :happydance: :loveshower: :yippie:

And with the tickets coming from Germany i.e. through eventim.de they should take only a couple weeks to arrive. Last time when I bought tickets to U2s Berlin show they only took a couple of weeks and they came by DHL.

Yay I now have tickets to my first ever U2 show! :hyper:

I'm turning 18 this fall so my dad and uncle bought me a Red Zone ticket as an early present. My mom and dad, who are also fans, have 90€ seats.

I'm so excited, I've never seen U2 live before! Does anyone know how good "the view" is from the red zone? I'd like to see the guys up close :drool:

Yay I now have tickets to my first ever U2 show! :hyper:

I'm turning 18 this fall so my dad and uncle bought me a Red Zone ticket as an early present. My mom and dad, who are also fans, have 90€ seats.

I'm so excited, I've never seen U2 live before! Does anyone know how good "the view" is from the red zone? I'd like to see the guys up close :drool:
I had regular GA tickets for Gothenburg and I positioned myself along the outer rail on Edge's side, just a little bit further down from us was the (RED) Zone. Sometimes one of the bridges blocked our view, but we could see the screen pretty well and once the bridges moved away, we could see the band pretty clearly. Once they start the I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Redanka Kick The Darkness Vocal Mix), you should have a good sight of the band members as they tend to walk around the outer rail pretty much during the whole song. Sadly, if we had been closer (or inside) the (RED) Zone we would have had a splendid concert experience as it was a frequently visited by Edge and Adam, sometimes Bono and I suppose the screen would be pretty visible from there as well! There should be various videoclips/pictures online filmed from the (RED) Zone so I suggest you search for them on YouTube and maybe you'll find pictures in the 360 Tour Gallery here on the Interference message board.

In any event, it is my opinion that whether you have seats or GA you'll have a wonderful experience and I'm pretty jealous as this tour will be an excellent choice to see the band for the first time! The band really knew what they meant when they stated that there are no bad seats this tour, you'll most likely be able to see them from every seat in the house!

I had regular GA tickets for Gothenburg and I positioned myself along the outer rail on Edge's side, just a little bit further down from us was the (RED) Zone. Sometimes one of the bridges blocked our view, but we could see the screen pretty well and once the bridges moved away, we could see the band pretty clearly. Once they start the I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Redanka Kick The Darkness Vocal Mix), you should have a good sight of the band members as they tend to walk around the outer rail pretty much during the whole song. Sadly, if we had been closer (or inside) the (RED) Zone we would have had a splendid concert experience as it was a frequently visited by Edge and Adam, sometimes Bono and I suppose the screen would be pretty visible from there as well!

In Berlin I positioned myself on the rail behind the red zone on Edges side and like you said, the bridges blocked my view sometimes, and also one really tall bloke stood right infront of me for most of the show! :madwife:

So this time I intend to get either into the inner circle, or infront on the railing of the outer circle! :yes: Which means getting to the stadium REALLY early. :crack:

By the way, here's an updated version of the seating/GA plan of the stadium....

U2_katsomokartta.jpg

Pakkoruoutsi! :hyper:
Vi som vill ha U2-tema på färjan till Helsingfors-konserten | Facebook

I'm not on Facebook myself, but some of our message board members encourage the concert goers that will come from Stockholm to Helsinki by boat, to join this group in order to hopefully organize some kind of U2-related event while on-board.
If you are planning on going by boat to Helsinki, and want to mingle with other U2 fans along the way, please consider joining.

I'm not on Facebook myself, but some of our message board members encourage the concert goers that will come from Stockholm to Helsinki by boat, to join this group in order to hopefully organize some kind of U2-related event while on-board.
If you are planning on going by boat to Helsinki, and want to mingle with other U2 fans along the way, please consider joining.

I'll be sure to pass the word on about this! :up: I remember my first ever U2 concert in 1993 at Stockholm stadium when I traveled with my friend on the night ferry from Turku to Stockholm, along with several hundred other Finnish U2 fans, and had an absolute blast especially the mid-night disco were every other song was a U2 song!! :happydance:

Away it looks like some people are taking advantage of u2.com's pre-sale and already selling their tickets online here in Finland, on a site similar to eBay called Huuto.net, even before they go on public sale....

U2:n konserttilippuja jo myynnissä nettihuutokaupassa | Viihde | YLE Uutiset | yle.fi

....I just don't understand how these people can sell tickets that they haven't even actually received yet! :shrug: Has this been happening anywhere else? :eyebrow:

I just tried the ticket ordering page right now, and tickets are currently for sale in all categories, including GA.

Lippu.fi

Thanks for the link The_Edge89! I'll join right away :)

Helsinki 2010, here I come! Yaaaay! :hyper:

Now repports are coming in that the tickets are sold out and that a lot of people have been experiencing alot of problems, for instance having to wait ages to get onto the selling page and after choosing the tickets they want, not being able to pay for them etc. etc. sounds like absolute chaos!?! :doh:

11:16 Well, it's looking like all but tickets for the Red zone are sold out!

11:50 Now the Red zone is sold out and the only the wheelchair places are still available.

Sounds like the Vienna general sale on Saturday :down:

I heard people got their orders cancelled because eventim sent out the link too early. Man, that sucks.

Sounds like the Vienna general sale on Saturday :down:

I heard people got their orders cancelled because eventim sent out the link too early. Man, that sucks.

Yeah, somebody did a major cock up and put the link up on Friday night and a lot of people bought tickets before lippu.fi realized their mistake Saturday afternoon, took the link down and canceled all the tickets bought! :huh: And yes, the ticket buyers will get their monies refunded but not in time for todays ticket sale! :tsk:

And oh the latest is, all but the GA tickets are now sold out! :shrug:

Whew, I'm glad I bought my tickets from the pre-sale... I tried to get tickets for a friend, and the gemeral sale was, in one word, a disaster :( I managed to "get" the tickets several times, but when I was supposed to pay for them, the site crashed. After hundreds of tries and reloads (and curse words ;)) I managed to get her a pair of those 30€ tickets. I've heard that for some people everything seemed to be ok and all - but then later they got an email saying that something had gone wrong and they didn't get the tickets - and the concert was sold out already at that time.

On top of it all, lippu.fi claims that everything went smoothly and there wasn't any problems... Yeah right.

Some one on U2Finland just found an article, in Finnish, where lippu.fi try and explain why the link for tickets went up too early and the reason they give is that:- ''the customer ( I'm not sure who they mean either Live Nation or u2.com!?) sent them last minute instructions and during Friday night, when they were testing to see everything was in working order, that during the last stages of the testing the system let the consumers enter the buying page.'' :|

The article goes on to say ''Consumer agent Eeva-Liisa Pynnä says that a purchase, as a general rule (hcb: in accordance with Finnish commercial law) is always a binding contract and even in a such as case this, can not be unilaterally canceled. Palhamo of lippu.fi says that ''All possible complaints will be taken into account''....but that ''So far, no one has made a complaint.''!?! :huh:

So anyone wanting to complain, it's best to write directly to lippu.fi:-

Lippu.fi -

And here's the article in full:-

The Voice - Musiikkiuutiset - Lippupiste U2-lippusekoilustaan: Testasimme myyntijärjestelmää

oh I know lots of people who complained including me. also because they still haven't refunded the money!! I was lucky enough to get my 2 GAs in the normal sale in monday but now they have twice the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom