August 15 and 16, 2010 - CASA Arena, Horsens, Denmark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4U2Play

Refugee
CASA Arena Horsens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

20090320520-Casa_Arena_Horsens.jpg

horsens_0.jpg

e362e3b4d8_54282515_o2.jpg

horsens2010.jpg

Finding a hotel in Horsens for 15-16 August is difficult, maybe camping is the way to go :hmm:

Copenhagen is considered "local" to Horsens? Are you going back home between shows, or camping out?

That is my point exactly, Copenhagen is not at all close, but I'm glad to be a Dane, seeing that my girlfriend's family lives 30 minutes from Horsens. I'll be staying with them. If I wasn't a Dane I'd be forced to camp or something. And I really detest camping...

That is my point exactly, Copenhagen is not at all close, but I'm glad to be a Dane, seeing that my girlfriend's family lives 30 minutes from Horsens. I'll be staying with them. If I wasn't a Dane I'd be forced to camp or something. And I really detest camping...

Damn, I need to get a Danish girlfriend whose family lives near Horsens, too.
Good planning on your part :D

Finding a hotel in Horsens for 15-16 August is difficult, maybe camping is the way to go :hmm:

How is the hotel search going? Have you trid looking for a hotel in nearby towns? Skanderborg is just a short train ride away (15 minutes or so).

If it weren't for speed limits, everything would be local in Denmark. :wink:

I'm considering going, seeing as I grew up right by the border. So I too would be able to just go by car the day of the concert. But first I need to coordinate with others.

Found an affordable hotel in Aarhus, which is 30 minutes by train north of Horsens. Considered camping in Horsens to be closer to the stadium, but realized I probably wouldn't get much sleep there, assuming the party scene will be in maximum overdrive that weekend.

I'm hoping to stay overnight before Horsens 1 anyway, maybe the venue security won't give us any problems. GA tickets are very hard to get, so I don't know if many foreigners will be there for these gigs. I think the CASA Arena will be the smallest European venue on the entire tour. Not sure if it's smaller than Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, though.

A team of experienced camerapeople is targeting one of the Horsens gigs for a multi-cam high-def videoshoot, expect to be filmed if you're in the GA line :wave:

A team of experienced camerapeople is targeting one of the Horsens gigs for a multi-cam high-def videoshoot,

Hehe, your are optimistic! By now I think I'll do an early walk for Horsens to and plan to be at the venue from around 5am in the morning. For Horsens I I got stands, so no hurry for that. I'm looking forward to meeting you there.

Found an affordable hotel in Aarhus, which is 30 minutes by train north of Horsens. Considered camping in Horsens to be closer to the stadium, but realized I probably wouldn't get much sleep there, assuming the party scene will be in maximum overdrive that weekend.

I'm hoping to stay overnight before Horsens 1 anyway, maybe the venue security won't give us any problems. GA tickets are very hard to get, so I don't know if many foreigners will be there for these gigs. I think the CASA Arena will be the smallest European venue on the entire tour. Not sure if it's smaller than Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, though.

A team of experienced camerapeople is targeting one of the Horsens gigs for a multi-cam high-def videoshoot, expect to be filmed if you're in the GA line :wave:

If you want to camp rather than go to Aarhus, there is a camp site (Husodde strand camping) less than 5 k from the stadium. I am staying there with my friends and it'll be nice and quite as they have a no noise rule between 11 pm and 7 am. Not that we will be spending much time there as we have GA for both nights.

So what is this all about?: "A team of experienced camerapeople is targeting one of the Horsens gigs for a multi-cam high-def videoshoot, expect to be filmed if you're in the GA line"

Do any locals have an idea in which hotel U2 might stay?
Maybe they'll stay in Copehagen and fly in for the show, or perhaps stay somewhere in Aarhus?

Just arrived in Aarhus, the big university town just north of Horsens. Awesome weather here right now, partly sunny at 74 degrees F at 730pm on Friday night.

Will head down to the stadium late tomorrow to check out the scene, not sure how early fans will start lining up. People here are very friendly, hope the GA lineup is the same.

U2 should be well-oiled now, expecting some uplifting gigs here in beautiful Denmark!

Aarhus, in the middle of Aarstreet.

I'm in Copenhagen, had a fantastic night out here meeting the incredibly friendly locals. Will you be in Horsens tomorrow night Buckie?

Heading down to the CASA tonight (Saturday) to survey the scene.

They have a tent city set up nearby for fans who do not want to pay for non existent hotel rooms in Horsens, so I am not sure when those nutters will start the queue.

Cathal, I want to get a film of you actually selling a copy of your book to an unsuspecting fan, please find me if you harvest a prospect

I'm couchsurfing in Horsens with a very lovely Uzbekistani couple. There's a lovely view of the Claw from their apartment, about 500m away. This is such a small and sleepy town, the streets are completely deserted at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon!

Wow, the CASA Arena looks pretty intimate. This will be very interesting, have fun to all those going to the shows. :)

Hey there ...

Well, welcome to all coming from abroad :) Hope you'll enjoy your time in Denmark - and in tiny Horsens. I'm living in Copenhagen, right now sitting in the train heading for Jutland...and Casa Arena

I'm in GA both nights, I guess I'll be in the queue from around 8am or so .... looking forward to paaaarty .....:hyper::applaud:

See you all ... if you have any questions regarding transportation - anything else regarding the concert .... we're here to help ... :up:

Just got back from a lovely cycle around Horsens and the stadium with my host.

There is a GA queue with about ten people, camping in a field about 200 metres up the road from the stadium (at the top of that photo above beyond the trees). They've numbered their hands with e.g. S2 and M4 for Sunday and Monday, so they're queuing for two concerts at the same time :)

(Let the arguments commence!)

There are clear views right onto the stage from the pavement outside the stadium along that road in the photo above. I'm currently ticketless for both shows and may just loiter around to watch the shows from there (still gonna get a couple of tix for my hosts though).

The stadium is small, and right on the edge of the town, so it's surrounded by fields on two sides. There were lots of families popping down to marvel at the all-conquering Claw.

We also cycled down to the U2 campsite next to an old prison. It's 395 krona (around 45 GBP) for one night, 445 krona for two, and 495 krona for three nights. Those prices include breakfast - and the tent. There were only 20 people there tonight, but there must be a couple of hundred tents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom