August 14th at Wembley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chinque5

Babyface
Where is everybody staying on the above?

Managed to find a hotel 6 miles from wembley but at £20. Travel lodge heathrow, if anybody else is there then let me know and we can get a taxi to and from the hotel to save costs.

Also, is there any fan meet ups before this gig???

When are they shipping out the tickets for this? I'm in the US and trying to book travel arrangements, but thats a little hard to do without ticket in hand. Can't wait to see Elbow and U2 on the same bill.

I think these are being shipped mid July, but don't quote me on that!!!!

I've found a hotel for 22 pound per night but its 6 miles away from the gig. Tube or taxi is in order.

Message me if you want details. We could always share a taxi to cut costs, maybe even fly home after the high of the gig!!!!!!

Let me know

Was able to pick up some GA's on stubhub for the 15th so definitely wanna stay close.

Unfortunately the seats I got for 14th I bought through the normal sale and have to wait for them to get mailed to me. I can't believe they are delaying this so much- never seen that happen before.

Am getting the train on both the 14th and 15th

I've always found that in the UK they've sent the tickets really late. I won't start to get edgy for another week or so.

Is anybody going out for a few drinks after?

Be good to meet up with people, especially after the high of the show

we'll stay close to Kensington (don't know where it is... :D).
a bit worried about the tickets, still nothing....
would be glad to have a few pints after the show....:up:

Kensington is fairly central, just a mile beyond the West End where Leicester Square and Soho are, so you'll be fine for getting back to your hotel afterwards.

I think Soho may be the best place for post gig beers as it's central and accessible for people staying all over.

Would probably be up for drinks after the Aug 14 show but would be flying home the morning after Aug 15. I'm getting antsy here in the US without my tickets and still haven't booked anything!

I'm staying at the hilton hotel right next to wembley stadium for £88 p/night. It might be a bit high but atleast i dont have to worry about gettin tubes and taxi's there. Especially after the tube strike they had a month or so ago. I wouldnt wanna take the risk.

I'm also gettin annoyed about the tix. They said it could be as late as 7days before the gig and they say not to ring up before 3 days before the gig if they havent arrived. TM is w*nk!

Hilton sounds like a good idea, is there a Marriott near by as well. I have some vouchers that could be used.
Why do they hold onto the London tickets for so long?
When i went Twickenham last tour it was the same, but my friend bought tickets for Sheffield and got his within a few weeks of purchasing them.

Just hope there isn't a postal strike!!!!!

Hopefully everybody from overseas gets there tickets beforehand, stressful times ahead i see lol

im not sure about a marriott. and i have no idea why they hold onto the tix for so long. It stresses me out worrying about whether i will get them in time.

and i forgot about a postal strike. i bloody hope not. TM should sort something out if that happens because that isnt our fault.

we should get the tix within the nxt 3 weeks cos its only 4 and a bit weeks till the gig. woo, cant wait!

had an email from TM saying about organising transport to wembley stadium for the gig. Think tix should arrive anytime now!!!

:hyper: I`ve just changed my hotel booking. I`m now staying at the Wembley Plaza (Hilton) on fri and sat nights. Its closer and hopefully better that the crappy B & B I was booked in! We just have to hope the trains don`t go on strike that weekend though I know there are alot of engineering works on the tube that weekend - as usual! It will be chaos :angry:

No email. TM website says tickets not dispatched. Am away for 2 weeks after Saturday on holiday and will only return a few days before the gig. Am getting nervous.

It was sooo much better in the "old days" when I got my tickets for wembley 87 by return of post from the U2 fan club

No email. TM website says tickets not dispatched. Am away for 2 weeks after Saturday on holiday and will only return a few days before the gig. Am getting nervous.

It was sooo much better in the "old days" when I got my tickets for wembley 87 by return of post from the U2 fan club

Give Ticketmaster a ring and explain the situation and ask to collect the tickets from the box office on the day. That`s what my friend is doing as she`s moving house and they wouldn`t post tickets to new address.

Tickets being posted about 5 days before the show so I`ve a feeling its going to be crazy at the box office on the day............20000 fans queueing for tickets!!! Indeed the song Crazy tonight will be quite fitting............:scream::gah::crazy:

the hilton is where its at lol wooo! im gunna ring tm in the nxt few days cos the card i paid with was my boyfriends and he's moved in with me now so has changed the card address to mine. confirmed it with tm over the phone but will double check. i dont trust them. We best get the tix this week or nxt week. I wont relax till i get them. And i think u2 are goin on about 9pm. Only 3weeks to go!!!!!!

tickets have been dispatched!!!! anyone know what sort of time they will be delivered. Or do i have to stay at home 24hrs for the next 2 weeks???

tickets have been dispatched!!!! anyone know what sort of time they will be delivered. Or do i have to stay at home 24hrs for the next 2 weeks???

Well, my tickets for 8/14 have said 'dispatched' since last weekend and still have not arrived in the US via FedEX.

So, yes I think staying at home for the next 2 weeks is a good option! (J/k!)

Every time i see a FedEx truck though i shout out! :D

Wow, I can't believe tickets for these shows are just being sent out now...that's cutting it "real" close. Hope you all get them soon, must be nerve-wracking.

Boo!

I'm going to both shows, GA 14th and seats 15th.

Wembley has a strict curfew so I'd suggest something like 8.30-9pm.

haha!
Im sitting here in Oz waiting for my ticket on the 15th...I will be arriving in london on the 13th so am planning to go down to the stadium on the 14th and try my luck for a ticket.......

which entrance is marked on your GA ticket?

GA tickets for Aug 14th received by courier this morning.

Mine say Entrances B & C - queue via south east ramp.

Please post what's marked on your ticket so we know whether it's just B & C, or other entrances as well.

Thanks!

where abouts do u live? Are they nice tix like last tour in london? What time did u receive them?
Soz for all the questions. So excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom