August 14th at Wembley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
88,000 seems quite low.
i have seen figures as high as 105,000

they played to 93,000 a night in paris. In a smaller stadium...

thanks for the advice but i just ended up walking around the corner to some oldish looking pub advertising fish and chips, had 2 pints, chatted to some mighty boosh fans before realising i havnt slept for about 40 hours so im about to crash....shall be down at wembley tommorrow late arvo if anybody wants to catch up for a drink......
And here's me wondering if you'd made it OK, you found pub, beer, fish & chips and Mighty Boosh fans on your first day.... :wink:

Take care, have fun, some of us will be thinking of you at the gigs, well if we arent' fast asleep that is....

And here's me wondering if you'd made it OK, you found pub, beer, fish & chips and Mighty Boosh fans on your first day.... :wink:

Take care, have fun, some of us will be thinking of you at the gigs, well if we arent' fast asleep that is....

Hey BEG.....have managed to get the mobile broadband up and running but am not so sure about the dodgy sim card i purchased for my phone.....yes pubs and beer are always the priority over sleep....i am still trawling around on here looking for a ga for tonight. Just hoping someone will get back to me before i leave for the tube to wembley ( bites nails) dont wanna pay some scalper git....they have stalls set up in picadilly selling ga's for tonight for 150 how can that be legal?

tell me ma me ma i dont want no tea no tea im going to wem-ber-ley....

I also heard 100.000 for Wembley. It's a big stadium.

Everyone going, have fun. I envy all of you very much.

Apparently the U2 crowd this evening (88,000) is the biggest at Wembley to date (with the Foo Fighters last summer in 2nd with 83,000) I'm not sure whether old Wembley had a bigger capacity... :hmm:

Anyway, I'll be leaving soon :hyper: Anyone in block 141 say hello :wink:

Having avoided reading much U2 sites to miss spoilers for a few months, I hadn't a clue what this red zone was all about. I figured people in front of me in the queue must have gone into there, didnt realise u had to auction for those spots? I was planning on getting there earlier tommorrow to get in that area lol.

Surprised I managed to get 3rd row near Adam in the pit, looked a lot of people in front of me. Got to the queue at about 2pm today so not too bad going! Looking forward to tommorrow now :)

What a night!

Was lucky to be in Red Zone for tonight on Adam's side (RZ2) show was amazing, more than I expected. Band looked to be having a lot of fun, don't think I have ever seen Adam so happy! Great bunch of people around us great view great sound...What can I say, I go to a lot of gigs and tonight just blew me away.

Cheers
Warby

PS. Back at home with a chilled glass of white and looking forward to tomorrow!

Great night tonight - in the RZ on Adams side. In the GA Saturday aiming for the claw :D

gates open. band only just finished soundchecking, breath unf fire

Yup, they opened the gates about 5 minutes after sound check ended.

I remember 4 songs from sound check - you missed Blue Room, the start of City of Blinding Lights, and a track from Achtung Baby I forget right now.

Ah Missed you

Great night tonight - in the RZ on Adams side. In the GA Saturday aiming for the claw :D

Shame we were in RZ2, would have been nice to say hi, show was totally amazing looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow!

Warby

warby, are you in RZ again tomorrow?

I might have chatted with you before the band went on. Were you wearing black shirt that looked like it was Vertigo era?

Hey BEG.....have managed to get the mobile broadband up and running but am not so sure about the dodgy sim card i purchased for my phone.....yes pubs and beer are always the priority over sleep....i am still trawling around on here looking for a ga for tonight. Just hoping someone will get back to me before i leave for the tube to wembley ( bites nails) dont wanna pay some scalper git....they have stalls set up in picadilly selling ga's for tonight for 150 how can that be legal?

tell me ma me ma i dont want no tea no tea im going to wem-ber-ley....
:hyper:

Shame we were in RZ2, would have been nice to say hi, show was totally amazing looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow!

Warby

Roll on tomorrow.

Does anyone know how late people were arriving and getting into the claw?

what a show!.....i need to gather my thoughts before any attempt at a review....i cant talk, cant hear, cant walk.....what an invention that claw is...my mind is well and truely blown.....

Was also in the inner circle and right next to Adam. What a fantastic night, the atmosphere was amazing. The band looked like they were really having fun tonight.
Its a shame that this wasn't the tour DVD as it would be a seller.

Got to the queue at about 12.15 and was worried that i wouldn't get into the inner circle, was still another 100 or so behind us so the timing was spot on. The security did a good job and there wasn't any panic, no running and pushing. Still got annoyed with some people who think they have a god givenright to push everybody out the way to get where they want to.

Funny moment was wehn Bono was on the bridge and stuck his leg over, also funny was Elbows's singer kicking the bass player in the bum cheekily.

Would be good to chat to people who were nearme as my camera wasn't the best and would love to have some better quality pics.

Like it then??? :D

I'll be back later to read your mind, sorry thoughts.....

Ha! To quote Naboo....'my mind is like a fortress'.....

I just cant get past thinking about the claw. It really is an amazing construction. I kept looking up at the antenna. It seemed to be beaming out and recieving great messages to/from the universe which only Bono was privy to ( stop me now before its too late!) He really does seem to be channeling something at times........

My review will have to wait as i really should be getting ready to get on down to wembley for part 2. I do have a title for my review however, and it is this:
ITS ROCK'N'ROLL JIM, BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom