August 10, 2010 Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt DE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fancy D-SLR in the upper class range :sexywink: and a small pocket camera.

I will make a double bottom, make sure the small camera is in sight.put some ladyproducts in it :lol: always helps. And smile to the guy.
They never expect a 5.5 ft kid to pull out a DSLR anyway. once your in , allot of people said there wasn't any problem.

Just trying to buy last minute tickets for this - nightmare.
Eventim.de is only offering delivery options (to germany and a few other places, not uk) rather than e-tickets or pickup. Any ideas? Was planning to go to Hannover as well but it's not looking good!

I haven't decided yet whether to take my camera into the Frankfurt or the Hannover show, I'm not doing it for both shows, it's too much stress. I have a Canon PS and last year I was actually able to get some good pictures. It all depends on where I'm standing, on the view from there and quite heavily on the lightning. The best pictures I was able to take when the lights went down for the slower and accoustic parts of the set and the band, mostly Bono, didn't move so much. Otherwise it was a little shaky. So maybe I'll take it in and later decide if I actually take pictures.

And yes I'll take more drinks to the stadium and keep the small tetra pak when we're going in. I hope there will be toilets easily accessible. Problem is I'm used to drinking very much and it's hard for me to cut back.

I don't think "organising the line" will work, it never works, but we didn't bother too much with that last year and still got in and got good spots. I'll take a book with me to read and suncream :lol:

See you all there, have a safe trip :wave:

I just heard from the people at the Commerzbank Arena that the gates 1-4 are for the GA people

4 Gates? That's a lot, but I guess it's good. Now we just need to know which gate leads to the shortest tunnel into the stadium.

NB: Just read on the German U2 board that ALL entrances will be open for GA, but E1 and E2 are the ones where you have to run the longest because you have to pass the east tribune,that means the run leads almost around the whole stadium. E 3, 4, 5 are the ones where you have to run far as well, but not as far, so these will be more crowded. E3 should be the best one, so I expect most people there.

But people over at u2tour.de are already saying that all of this info doesn't necessarily mean anything because they've had different experiences with different concerts at the Commerzbank Arena. It's never handled as it should be. That's why I'm saying it's not necessary to queue up in the morning, because there will ALWAYS be chaos when the gates are opened and you will end up standing beside someone who just arrived at 5 in the evening. I've heard from people who queued up at 6 in the morning and I ended up standing next to them despite arriving in the afternoon.

When the gates open, it's always chaos. There is no system that really works.

let's hope that the first time there are also more likely to enter may, as in July 2009 Amsterdam ArenA

The security is supposed to be very strict that day so let us hope that there won't be any chaos.. :pray:

I just had a reply yesterday from the office stadium and they told me that only gates 1-4 will be reserved to GA entrances. I don't know if this means 1 to 4 or 1 and 4...

I got the same response and I interpret it as if all four gates will be open to the GA people.

Does anyone know somebody who is still looking for a GA ticket to this show?

Hum, when looking at the plan, it is quite unclear about the place where you enter in the stadium...

What are the entrances on the pitch? In the 4 tunnels? In only two? On the sides (red and green areas)?

latest-1.jpg

:hyper:

ok, i'm late posting in this thread...and i don't have much time to look around since i'm busy packing and stuff...but i got a question about hannover...anyone know how easy it is to get autographs there? is the arena best place, or hotel?

well claw wont com to full at this gig beacuse imo arena is too much closed, and roof looks silly with spine sticking out

Twitter%2F2010-08-09_20-12-22.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom