Atlanta - Georgia Dome 06 Oct 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh....I remember the days when I was that dedicated to wait all day in GA. My butt is too old to hold up like that and manage to stand through the concert. My feet are not what they used to be.

But I'll be a dancing fool when the band comes on for 2 hours straight. :hyper:

We'll be dancing together!

I'm seriously considering taking Marta in. :hmm: Parking is such a bitch downtown.

We'll be dancing together!

I'm seriously considering taking Marta in. :hmm: Parking is such a bitch downtown.

I think I'm driving. I get off at 4...so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I don't mind taking Marta down...its coming back that is a bitch. The trains are crammed full. Hopefully I can get to the red parking deck in decent time.

Happy to see the red lot is open. :up:

Bama,
How is the line/crowd being handled?
Are you allowed to leave for a bathroom, food break, to go back to your car?

Yes, we have been allowed to go to cars, CNN Center, etc. but they are now telling us we must return our belongings to our cars by 3:00. There is an event staff guy walking around with a P.A. megaphone entertaining everyone and keeping it fun.

~U2Alabama

Even after they make you guys put your stuff away, don't stand up til gates open. We had to put our stuff in our cars by 2 PM for Foxboro 1 and some people thought we were going into the main pens then. So the whole line surged forward and everyone was standing. It was too uncomfortable to even sit down, so I had to stand for 3 and a half hours before the gates opened. Not fun.

Have a great time tonight guys! :hyper:

maybe soundchecking early to practice Mofo
hahaha-024.gif

My daughter is home so we are heading out the door! It is so strange knowing I'll be on the other side of set list party tonight!:hyper::love::hyper::love::hyper::love:

My daughter is home so we are heading out the door! It is so strange knowing I'll be on the other side of set list party tonight!:hyper::love::hyper::love::hyper::love:

it's the best side of a setlist party to be on

have fun!

-dan

Have fun everyone tonight. Wish I could be there and hoarding more video of U2 and Muse :D

I thought the sound was pretty good where we were up in the nosebleeds. I couldn't hear the pre-show music very well until the Bowie song, though. The Dome wasn't full either, maybe 80%.

:heart: U2

Show was awesome! The line was the best I have ever stood in. We were there at 6am and were number 92 and 93 in line. We easily made the rail and the event was very organized with available restrooms and even vendors selling food and beer while waiting in line. Once we got inside, it was a mad dash to get where we wanted to be but we got there. One warning to fans for future shows - if you are short, you may not want to get right up to the 'Bono Balls' section against the rail, because the stage is easily 6' or more tall. When the band are not right up against it, you cannot see them, when they go into the catwalk mode, you cannot see them, etc. I would recommend hugging the inner outer wall or the outer outer wall so you can see more.

Other than that, the acoustics were great from where I was and the Dome was full almost to capacity other than the upper ring of nosebleeds - they easily had 70,000 people in the dome which is hardly a failure. Great show!

Show was awesome! The line was the best I have ever stood in. We were there at 6am and were number 92 and 93 in line. We easily made the rail and the event was very organized with available restrooms and even vendors selling food and beer while waiting in line. Once we got inside, it was a mad dash to get where we wanted to be but we got there. One warning to fans for future shows - if you are short, you may not want to get right up to the 'Bono Balls' section against the rail, because the stage is easily 6' or more tall. When the band are not right up against it, you cannot see them, when they go into the catwalk mode, you cannot see them, etc. I would recommend hugging the inner outer wall or the outer outer wall so you can see more.

Other than that, the acoustics were great from where I was and the Dome was full almost to capacity other than the upper ring of nosebleeds - they easily had 70,000 people in the dome which is hardly a failure. Great show!

Hey man, it's Chris from the line. Dan and I were wondering how you guys made out. Glad to know you got into the Bono Balls section lol.

We were there at 6am and were number 92 and 93 in line.

You were probably very close to me geographically or as a crow flies or whatever; we were in the next turn of the line from you, just after the people numbered up to 199; people on the other side of the fence from us were around 99. We were in Alabama and Aubuhn chairs. Were you by any chance the alleged "Gunthar from Germany"?

~U2Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom