3 August - Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougal55

War Child
Good news for Gelsenkirchen! :lol: :drool:

just saw the new update for the tour on U2.com's website that they will play Gelsenkirchen at Veltins-Arena on 3 August but as yet, no date for the public sale nor the pre-sales. I imagine, logically at least, its on next Friday 27th March or can anyone confirm this?

hmm... makes me think there will be a couple more dates coming along in the next week or so including 2nd dates in Barcelona, possibly Zagreb, Wembley.... :hmm:

Let the good times roll!

dougal

yes yes :drool: i wanna come to you germany

11-07-2009 Parijs Stade De France (GA)
12-07-2009 Parijs Stade De France (GA)
21-07-2009 Amsterdam ArenA (seats)
14-08-2009 London Wembley Stadium (GA)

The stage at the Veltins Arena is always standing in the right corner of the field, it will be the same place like Vertigo 2005.
I remember, that just one German Band called Pur had a stage in the middle of the field, all the others which played there had their stages in the right corner.
bye

The seats behind the stage should be the best ones, but also the most expensive ones. I don't know where the stage will be located.

How are you people planning on going to Gelsenkirchen? Via plane, train? I've been there before, but I went with someone else, and this time I have to go by myself. Any ideas how to get there best? I might take a plane to Duesseldorf and then go via train. I hope there is a chance to stay directly in Gelsenkirchen, it's not a big town or something.

The stage at the Veltins Arena is always standing in the right corner of the field, it will be the same place like Vertigo 2005.
I remember, that just one German Band called Pur had a stage in the middle of the field, all the others which played there had their stages in the right corner.
bye

I *think* that the stage is in the middle, like in Milan. There was a plan on u2.com the day they announced the tour. Anyone else remembering that? ...cause I could be wrong... :hmm:

I can`t imagine, that will be a place for the stage like Milan there. The VeltinsArena is an Indoor Arena for concerts, with an closed roof. The big difficulty for a stage in the centre of the field is the enormous huge stage for the first and an big videocube, which is installed under the roof. And I think, this was the problem for the late announcement of the date, not the soccer schedule. One thing is also, that you can find a standing tribune in the left corner and a lot of the cheap tickets will selling in this area.
BTW: The capacity for soccergames is around 62.000, for U2`s 360° Show plus space for around 10.000 GA visitors.

How are you people planning on going to Gelsenkirchen? Via plane, train? I might take a plane to Duesseldorf and then go via train. I hope there is a chance to stay directly in Gelsenkirchen, it's not a big town or something.

I bought a flight from Gothenburg to Dusseldorf with Ryanair yesterday. Apparently it's only 40km by train from Gelsenkirchen.

Check Booking.com: 60000+ hotels worldwide. Book your hotel now! for hotels. I got a room at the Hotel Arena which says it is close to the stadium.

here the ticket prices of eventim.de for the presale :hmm:

category 1: 179,50 EUR
category 2: 100,00 EUR
category 3: 88,00 EUR
category 4: 71,00 EUR (General Admission, Standing)
category 5: 42,00 EUR

fucking expensive :down:

bye

eventim has already the (RED) zone auction for both German dates up and there's also a plan of the Veltlins arena in Gelsenkirchen:

eventim_schalke.jpg

Not a very good one, it basically shows where the red zones are, but still ...

No GA tickets left. Crap. I just came home. I hang myself, seriously. I've been waiting all day for that damn announcement and when I'm in evening class where I don't have internet access, it's coming. I don't know if I should wait until tomorrow at 9 or try for a seat now.

:ohmy: I got a GA ticket for Gelsenkirchen, they were here shortly and then gone again. But I just got a confirmation e-mail. And GA for Berlin still available.

GA tickets gone, now available again, it's changing every minute. Now GA tickets are available again for both German shows.
Tickets limited to 2 per person. Good luck to everyone trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom