2nd Philly Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a couple problems with the boxscore.

75,000 different people bought a single ticket to a single event with a single act. Not 37,500 x 2 days.

it was not 2 shows, it was 5 sets totalling 16 hours of live music:
Dec 30: 4:30 set and a pair of evening sets. Probably 2 hours each.
Dec 31: 4:30 set and a "midnight set". Midnight set was 11:30-sun up, and the bootleg of the final set needs 6 CDRs.

$155 includes camping and parking on the original ticket order form I have a double checked. Since when do Boxscores, that you say are independantly audited, include camping fees?

Is 75,000 the single act record for the state of Florida?
Would you accept the record if the ticket was perforated with a "day 1" and "day 2" element with the boxscore listed at "150,000"?

The Boxoffice results show two sellouts.

You can call it what ever you want, 2 shows, 5 sets over two days, its all the same. What its not, is a single show on a single day, which is what people in the top concerts lists payed for. This is a different type of event from that, people are getting music on two different days. That alone disqualifies this special event even if we were to assume there was 75,000 people there on either of the days.

The top concerts list goes according to boxoffice results. Those are exact records, no speculating involved.

You can spend all the time you want to speculating about Al Jolson or Phish or someone else, but without official boxoffice results showing what you claim, all you have is pure speculation and nothing more.

8 days into the Philly general sale, there are still plenty of tix left. The Red Zone auction finished at only $155 (probably the lowest for 2010).

There are indeed tickets left, but its not really possible to say how many are left so to say there are "plenty" is misleading.

There are indeed tickets left, but its not really possible to say how many are left so to say there are "plenty" is misleading.

If try you pull up 16 tickets(or even 30) and get row 14 in a section, there's a pretty good chance most of the seats behind those 16-30 in the section are empty, and that most of the sections in the same price range further away are mostly empty.

If try you pull up 16 tickets(or even 30) and get row 14 in a section, there's a pretty good chance most of the seats behind those 16-30 in the section are empty, and that most of the sections in the same price range further away are mostly empty.

I was just able to pull up 16 seats in row 14 of section 227.

30659s.gif

I would agree with you that "plenty" is fair way to characterize the number of seats still available.

Possibly, but there is no way to confirm that. Ticketmaster is known to sell tickets in a random way. They may start selling tickets at row 30 and work their way down every other row. Then come back later and fill in the rows they did not use before.

So again, its not possible to really tell how much has been sold at this point and determine how much is left.

Ticketmaster is known to sell tickets in a random way. They may start selling tickets at row 30 and work their way down every other row. Then come back later and fill in the rows they did not use before.

TM just sells the tickets the promoter provides them. TM uses the "X factor" (as mentioned in another thread) in their algorithm to determine which seats to sell first. The fact that 30 seats or more together can be pulled up (and their location) means there are plenty (i.e. thousands) of open seats, mainly in the upper decks.

TM just sells the tickets the promoter provides them. TM uses the "X factor" (as mentioned in another thread) in their algorithm to determine which seats to sell first. The fact that 30 seats or more together can be pulled up (and their location) means there are plenty (i.e. thousands) of open seats, mainly in the upper decks.

Sorry, but I've seen ticketmaster sell tickets in unusual and random ways. They did not start selling front row tickets for the upper level in Dallas for some sections until months after the show had been in sale.

I've gone to shows where I had no ticket and the show was nearly soldout, but we got seats within ten rows of the stage.

Unless you KNOW how many tickets have been sold, and how many tickets are left that to sell, then can really CAN'T confirm anything.

But I'll ask, how many tickets have been sold so far, exactly?

By the way, there are only seats available in multiples on the upper decks with the exception of sets of 3 $250 tickets on the mid-level.

Sorry, but I've seen ticketmaster sell tickets in unusual and random ways. They did not start selling front row tickets for the upper level in Dallas for some sections until months after the show had been in sale.

I've gone to shows where I had no ticket and the show was nearly soldout, but we got seats within ten rows of the stage.

That's because the promoter released them for sale that way. I've gone to dozens of concerts, and have benefited from ticket drops too.

TM's site says:
"Our event provider clients decide at their sole discretion which of their tickets are made available for public sale. The tickets we sell belong to our clients and typically represent only a portion of (and sometimes substantially less than) the total venue seating capacity. On occasion, additional tickets may be released by the event provider as late as the event date."

By the way, there are only seats available in multiples on the upper decks with the exception of sets of 3 $250 tickets on the mid-level.

I mentioned that in my prior post ("mainly in the upper decks.")

That's because the promoter released them for sale that way. I've gone to dozens of concerts, and have benefited from ticket drops too.

TM's site says:
"Our event provider clients decide at their sole discretion which of their tickets are made available for public sale. The tickets we sell belong to our clients and typically represent only a portion of (and sometimes substantially less than) the total venue seating capacity. On occasion, additional tickets may be released by the event provider as late as the event date."

Either way, it makes no difference. You still don't know what has been sold, what has not be released if anything, and what is still left and available for sell.

I mentioned that in my prior post ("mainly in the upper decks

That suggest that there are multiples in different ranges below the upper deck which there is not. There is only one odd multiple left of 3 $250 tickets. Type in 2 $250's and you don't get anything. Type in 4 $250's or anything above that and you don't get anything.

The show is definently alot closer to being sold out then it is not selling out. With the holidays coming up I'm sure it will probably sell out, if not come VERY close to it. However, my guess is the only way we will see a second Philly show is if an album is released in the spring

So does anyone think that maybe later on they will announce a 2nd Philly date?
I have two pre-sales left because i was waiting for a second Philly and NJ show.

I have two pre-sales left because i was waiting for a second Philly and NJ show.

I think it's possible, sure. Like I said, if U2 release an album in the spring that sparks interest in the band then there may certainly be the demand necessary for a second show. I see no reason why the second show can't be added in March or even April.

You have to remember that right now is a bad time for tickets to be going on sale for a Philly show. We're eight months past the release of the last album and we're eight months away from the concert. U2 is not really fresh on most people's minds in the Philly market. That, as well as with the holidays coming up, explains why the first show has not sold out yet. They sold out four shows on the last tour and could have maybe added a fifth, so it's not like Philly has no interest in U2.

At this point, Philly appears to be one of the bottom 3 or 4 selling shows for 2010 in NA. So, sales will really need to be brisk next year.

Sales are good actually take a look...

July 12, 2010 Philadelphia, PA Lincoln Financial Field 68,532
$250 Club level mulitples can only buy up to 3 in a row
$250 Lower level sold out
$95 Club level sold out
$95 Lower level sold out
$95 Upper level multiples
$55 GA sold out
$55 Club level sold out
$55 Upper level multiples
$30 Lower level sold out
$30 Upper level sold out

I don't think there will be a 2nd show in Philly or NJ, but there might be a show in Baltimore.

At this point, Philly appears to be one of the bottom 3 or 4 selling shows for 2010 in NA. So, sales will really need to be brisk next year.

Well, you'll be eating your words on that one when the boxscore for the Philly show comes out next summer. Philly will be one of the top 5 shows in attendance for the entire North America tour.

Sales are good actually take a look...

July 12, 2010 Philadelphia, PA Lincoln Financial Field 68,532
$250 Club level mulitples can only buy up to 3 in a row
$250 Lower level sold out
$95 Club level sold out
$95 Lower level sold out
$95 Upper level multiples
$55 GA sold out
$55 Club level sold out
$55 Upper level multiples
$30 Lower level sold out
$30 Upper level sold out

Just like to add that for the $250s you actually can't get doubles, you can only get triples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom