2011 Rescheduled North American Tour Dates Announced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You clearly have managed to avoid the ongoing hype for the new Angelina Jolie movie, titled Salt. :wink:

I notice that on the U2.COM tour page,they seem to know in which state is located Anaheim..but no clue where is Oakland?..They know in which province Toronto is..but no clue in which province Edmonton or Montreal are?

Or are they just too lazy to put the abbreviated letters of those State/provinces....

I notice that on the U2.COM tour page,they seem to know in which state is located Anaheim..but no clue where is Oakland?..They know in which province Toronto is..but no clue in which province Edmonton or Montreal are?

Or are they just too lazy to put the abbreviated letters of those State/provinces....

clearly we are quickly running out of things to discuss until the start of the tour next year...

Speaking of which...is there a mneumonic device to help remember the Canadian provinces?

:twiddlesthumbs:

Oh say, I did get e-mails from TM saying my tickets were being printed.

Well, if they're going all the way through the Pacific from Aus. to South America I can't see why they wouldn't come to Japan, right before Oceania.

Speaking of South America, any fresh rumors about there? I have enough airmiles burning a hole in my pocket and I'm about due to explore more down there...

Pittsburgh in June

My fiance and I were looking at the Sheraton in Pittsburgh as a possible choice for our wedding reception. The coordinator jokingly said it's a good thing that we aren't planning for June because of the u2 concert. I told her that u2 were not playing in Pittsburgh and that dates were already announced. She insisted that they would as this is what she was told by the higher ups. She knew all about Bono's back surgery and how there originally was no Pittsburgh date. There is a gap right around the Michigan date that could work. Take this for what it's worth. We all know how these rumors go.

I'd much rather they find a way to play Penn State's Beaver Stadium. It holds 100,000 and thats not using the field. It be a nice spot for the claw to land.

My fiance and I were looking at the Sheraton in Pittsburgh as a possible choice for our wedding reception. The coordinator jokingly said it's a good thing that we aren't planning for June because of the u2 concert. I told her that u2 were not playing in Pittsburgh and that dates were already announced. She insisted that they would as this is what she was told by the higher ups. She knew all about Bono's back surgery and how there originally was no Pittsburgh date. There is a gap right around the Michigan date that could work. Take this for what it's worth. We all know how these rumors go.

Hmm, interesting... Timing works well for me too, bridges the big time span in shows I have between Denver and Montreal - I wouldn't mind hitting Pittsburgh if it is before East Lansing, hope this one pans out.

It's about a 9-ish hour bus or train ride for me, but then I am doing that for Montreal, and just did an even longer ride for Toronto. But no border crossing involved plus it's much more likely I can score a cheap-ish airfare so I wouldn't have to go overland. The only problem if this show happens is that it's very likely to fall mid-week, but I'd work it out. :D

I might not be able to do it because of work. It sucks because it is so close to me.

I'd much rather they find a way to play Penn State's Beaver Stadium. It holds 100,000 and thats not using the field. It be a nice spot for the claw to land.

Last minute announcement of a 100,000+ capacity venue? I'd be cool, but how many show have they had there and can the cranes and claw fit inside the stadium tunnels?

Here's my crazy idea about Bonnaroo:

Have the show begin under the stars and end in early morning daylight. Same 130 minute show.

Probably the only place in the world where they would be allowed to do that and have it be a lot of fun.

Paul McG can spin it to brag about how it's the first time EVER that a headliner intentionally tried that at a music festival.

Back
Top Bottom