2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, I don't think U2 understands that Baltimore will draw not only the DC crowd, but some of the Philly crowd as well. A sure sell-out show.

I think they understand that perfectly well, and it's why they aren't playing there, to boost demand for Philly and sell out two shows there.

Oh for gawd's sake, the people complaining that they didn't get a show in their own backyard and might have to drive an hour away, or that they're not getting a second show...jebus, the entitlement.

Those of us in the US "flyover" regions and the Aust/NZ are crying all over the place for you. No Minneapolis, Milwaukee, St Louis, or KC on the list (yet) means another 5 hour drive and expensive stay in Chicago. It is what it is. Would you be willing to do that on a regular basis?

Sorry, just had to get that off my ample chest. ;)

Im glad someone has said this as i had to fly to boston from New Zealand to see them!!!
applaud.gif
I would love them to come down under but they only seem keen to go to europe and the states!!!!

So the Montreal show might be at the Hippodrome/Blue Bonnets? That's weird.

I wonder how many people they might be able to squeeze in there.

As for extra dates in the US/Canada schedule, here's my guess. Extra dates in italics:

2010-06-06: Angel Stadium, Anaheim, California
2010-06-07, Anaheim (or on 2010-06-08)
2010-06-10, San Diego

2010-06-12: Invesco Field, Denver, Colorado
2010-06-13, Denver? I wouldn't have expected two, but maybe to make up for demand from Texas, et al.
2010-06-16: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, California
2010-06-17: Oakland
2010-06-20: Qwest Field, Seattle, Washington
2010-06-23: Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, Alberta
2010-06-24, Edmonton
2010-06-27: Minneapolis

2010-06-30: Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, Michigan
2010-07-03: Rogers Centre, Toronto, Ontario
2010-07-06: Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
2010-07-09: Land Shark Stadium, Miami, Florida
2010-07-12: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2010-07-13, Philadelphia
2010-07-16: Venue to be announced, Montreal, Quebec
2010-07-19: New Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
2010-07-20: East Rutherford

This sounds all very reasonable! To make the list complete, here also the (possible) European dates, based on rumours. I don't know where the Torino rumours come from, but if true, it is a tight schedule, only 2 weeks after the New Jersey shows...
Furthermore, the Zurich show and the rumoured Tel Aviv show may only fit in the gap between Istanbul and Munich, as Axver said before.
I also don't know where the Madrid rumour comes from, but i have no idea if a suitable stadium is available? They may wait a while with announcing these dates, since Sevilla is selling very slow (for the same reason they may wait with announcing the Zurich date, only 200km from Frankfurt...).

Feel free to comment on this possible scheme.

USA/Canada
2010-06-10, San Diego

2010-06-13, Denver? I wouldn't have expected two, but maybe to make up for demand from Texas, et al.
2010-06-24, Edmonton

2010-07-13, Philadelphia

Europe
2010-08-04: Stadio Grande Torino, Torino, Italia
2010-08-05: Stadio Grande Torino, Torino, Italia
2010-08-07: Stadio Olympico, Roma, Italia
2010-08-10: Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt, Deutschland
2010-08-12: AWD-Arena, Hannover, Deutschland
2010-08-15: CASA Arena Horsens, Horsens, Danmark
2010-08-16: CASA Arena Horsens, Horsens, Danmark
2010-08-20: Helsingfors Olympiastadion, Helsinki, Finland
2010-08-21: Helsingfors Olympiastadion, Helsinki, Finland
2010-08-25: Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia
2010-08-26: Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia
2010-08-30: Ernst-Happel Stadion, Wien, Österreich
2010-09-03: Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece
2010-09-06: Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadı, Istanbul, Turkey
i2010-09-09: Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv, Israel
2010-09-12: Dubenhof Festival site, Zürich, die Schweiz
2010-09-15: Olympiastadion, München, Deutschland
2010-09-18: Stade de France, Paris, France
2010-09-22: Koning Boudewijn Stadion, Brussel
2010-09-23: Koning Boudewijn Stadion, Brussel
2010-09-26: where? Madrid, Espagna
2010-09-27: where? Madrid, Espagna
2010-09-29: Estadio Olympica de Sevilla, Sevilla, Espagna
2010-10-02: Estadio Cidade Coimbra, Coimbra
2010-10-03: Estadio Cidade Coimbra, Coimbra

If true, this would give a total of ~88 shows in USA/Canada/Europe.
Based on comments from McGuinne$$ (he talked about ~100 shows and ~6,000,000 attendance), there will be around 15 shows divided over South America, New Zeeland, Australia, Japan ...

Yep! I actually don't mind traveling, the problem is that my friends do. Getting them to Gillette which is in the same State (albeit 1-2 hours away) was a chore. Getting them out of MA is impossible. :angry:
I hear that. I'd go to the ends of the earth, but I don't even think I can get anyone to go an hour away. I don't particularly want to make a solo trip to the Meadowlands from NH, but whatever it takes, right?

I hear that. I'd go to the ends of the earth, but I don't even think I can get anyone to go an hour away. I don't particularly want to make a solo trip to the Meadowlands from NH, but whatever it takes, right?

Same here. I constantly buy two tickets to shows that require the miracle of flight to get to in hopes that someone will be excited to come along on a trip. Not just for U2 but to go on a trip. Most people are just too damn stupid to realize though that when I go to see U2 I'm going places, having a vacation. I can't stand it when people say "why would you go to New York to see U2?" My reaction is, "hello fuckhead it's New York! I'm sure I'll find something else to do while I'm there!" It's like if I asked people if they wanted to just come to NY for a holiday they'd say yes but the second I throw U2 in there their brains shut off and think I'm going to New York to sit in a hotel room for five days except for 3 hours when the concert is on. Man I hate people. Even my friends sometimes :lol:

wow ranting there a bit. Not sure where that came from. Maybe from the fact I know I'm gonna buy two tickets for the Athens, Greece show and when I ask numerous moron friends of mine if anyone would like to come they are gonna say "why would you go to Greece to see U2 when they're coming to Edmonton?" and I'm gonna say "cause it's Greece you fucking idiots!!!" :lol:

Same here. I constantly buy two tickets to shows that require the miracle of flight to get to in hopes that someone will be excited to come along on a trip. Not just for U2 but to go on a trip. Most people are just too damn stupid to realize though that when I go to see U2 I'm going places, having a vacation. I can't stand it when people say "why would you go to New York to see U2?" My reaction is, "hello fuckhead it's New York! I'm sure I'll find something else to do while I'm there!" It's like if I asked people if they wanted to just come to NY for a holiday they'd say yes but the second I throw U2 in there their brains shut off and think I'm going to New York to sit in a hotel room for five days except for 3 hours when the concert is on. Man I hate people. Even my friends sometimes :lol:

wow ranting there a bit. Not sure where that came from. Maybe from the fact I know I'm gonna buy two tickets for the Athens, Greece show and when I ask numerous moron friends of mine if anyone would like to come they are gonna say "why would you go to Greece to see U2 when they're coming to Edmonton?" and I'm gonna say "cause it's Greece you fucking idiots!!!" :lol:
My reputation for waiting 12 hours in GA probably doesn't help my cause. No one wants a ride on that train.
You're right though- who the hell wouldn't want to go to New York for a couple days? I'd like to go regardless of the show.

I also don't know where the Madrid rumour comes from, but i have no idea if a suitable stadium is available? They may wait a while with announcing these dates, since Sevilla is selling very slow

Can't add much to your post, as it's pretty much what I have been thinking. However, I can comment on Spain!

There will be a second show, probably in Madrid or the Basque Country, and a Live Nation spokesperson has said it will be known within 10 days.

Newspaper article in Spanish: La promotora Live Nation "s?lo" negocia "Madrid o Pa?s Vasco" en la actual gira de U2 - Gran Vigo - Faro de Vigo
U2gigs article in English: Two concerts for Spain in 2010 - U2gigs.com

Can't add much to your post, as it's pretty much what I have been thinking. However, I can comment on Spain!

There will be a second show, probably in Madrid or the Basque Country, and a Live Nation spokesperson has said it will be known within 10 days.

Newspaper article in Spanish: La promotora Live Nation "s?quot; negocia "Madrid o Pa???Vasco" en la actual gira de U2 - Gran Vigo - Faro de Vigo

Cant see where in Madrid (or the Basque country) they could play?
Though the Olympic Stadium in Barca is no longer used for football i believe

Were you at either show at Gilette? I was, and it didn't seem like there was anyone "out of it".

I wouldn't put too much credence in what the Globe says. Mostly because they usually steal it from someone else.....

yes I was t both Gillette shows and if you were not in the pit or in the first few rows on the outside then the crowd was pretty out of it.

yes I was t both Gillette shows and if you were not in the pit or in the first few rows on the outside then the crowd was pretty out of it.
I was in the first row night 1, and I have to say that people (around me, anyway) did seem kind of out of it. I was ecstatic to be where I was, but I kind of felt like the only one in my immediate vicinity.

Technically, New England only has 5 states. There was a vote and CT was kicked out, thankfully. :wink:

Hey I take offense to that! I live in CT, have a home in RI. I have season tickets to the Patriots and I'm also a die hard Sox fan. CT is and always will be part of New England.

OK folks, I've been told South American and Mexico City dates will be earlier in 2010, preceding what has just been announced for the US/Canada. This is from a good source but I'm still handing out grains of salt until anything is confirmed. So don't hold me to this.

Before you ask "when?", fucked if I know exactly. The existing rumours say March. Hold your horses; an announcement has to be soon if what I've heard is correct.

how certain is that info?, what is your "source" ?

As for extra dates in the US/Canada schedule, here's my guess. Extra dates in italics:

2010-06-10, San Diego

2010-06-24, Edmonton

2010-07-13, Philadelphia

That gap between Edmonton and East Lansing could conceivably fit two shows, not just one ... say Minneapolis and St Louis or Minneapolis and somewhere in Wisconsin. However, I don't expect there will be. If you look at the schedule, it seems the claw needs about 9 days at minimum to move between venues and be set up in time for the concert. If you squeezed two gigs in between Edmonton and East Lansing, that means Edmonton's claw would have to get to East Lansing in just six days. Don't see THAT happening.

I am guessing that the they won't add extra cities to the North American leg (except for maybe Boston). The band should be certain of ticket demand based on ticket sales for the 2009 tour.

For example, what would be the reason to hold back the announcement of a San Diego show if they were planning on playing there?? San Diego fans who purchase Anaheim tickets would be stuck if the band were to announce a San Diego show after the Anaheim on-sale.

I am guessing that Live Nation/U2 have done the math and have decided to only go to markets were there are better chances of sellouts and multiple dates. Ergo, no trips to Madison, St. Louis, or even San Diego (where Popmart was only half-full).

The East Lansing date throws me for a loop, though. I can't fathom why they would play Spartan Stadium over Ford Field or Comerica Park, especially in June with the kids out of school.

I would like to be wrong, though.

Gosh, who knows... there seem to be so many theories. lol Do you think there will be an explanation of some sort by someone in tour management as time goes by? Somehow knowing the official reason would be somehow alleviating... ?

Its called exhausting demand in the market. U2 has already played to 138,000 people there! They would only come back on the 2nd leg if they thought they could sell another 70,000 tickets. Since they struggled to fill the second Boston show, they don't want to return to a 1/3 empty stadium.

how certain is that info?, what is your "source" ?

My source is a guy who has been right before and I've no reason to doubt him this time, but like I said, I'm handing out grains of salt. Hell, even if he's right now, tour plans can and do change (I can point to numerous instances from planning for the North American leg).

I am guessing that the they won't add extra cities to the North American leg (except for maybe Boston). The band should be certain of ticket demand based on ticket sales for the 2009 tour.

The U2.com tour page does say additional "cities" to be announced - though it could conceivably just be referring to Europe, as we know extra gigs are coming there.

For example, what would be the reason to hold back the announcement of a San Diego show if they were planning on playing there?? San Diego fans who purchase Anaheim tickets would be stuck if the band were to announce a San Diego show after the Anaheim on-sale.

That's not the band's concern. Look at how some European cities have been announced only after others were put on sale. Look at Benelux fans, who already had tickets for shows in Germany and France before Brussels was announced.

At the very least, I'm quietly confident Minneapolis will be added into that gap between Edmonton and East Lansing. There have been a fair deal of negotiations about a show there.

My prediction. One night in Philly. They will have mulitple nights in the Meadowlands which is only 90 minutes away from Philly. this will leave July 14th for one night return to Boston like Chicago

At the very least, I'm quietly confident Minneapolis will be added into that gap between Edmonton and East Lansing. There have been a fair deal of negotiations about a show there.

That's what I've been hearing, too. The new TCF Gopher Stadium is itching to have a huge name kick-off concerts there.

However, the neighborhoods around the new stadium have been complaining like all hell about the noise from the football games. So a U2 concert at night? Yikes!

I'm optimistic, but I have to be living 10 minutes from the stadium. :applaud:

Also, it's a lovely little stadium, if U2 plays there, think Sam Boyd part II. :rockon:

Newspaper article in Spanish: La promotora Live Nation "s�lo" negocia "Madrid o Pa�s Vasco" en la actual gira de U2 - Gran Vigo - Faro de Vigo

Thanks for that info!

Furthermore, the Zurich concert has been confirmed (but still no date) by the chef of the military grounds:

U2 fliegen 2010 ein (Uster Dübendorf, ZO-Online)

damn, i was really hoping for a st. louis show, as it seems the band always makes its way there on the third leg of previous tours and the rumors seemed very strong for it (and not just on u2 fan sites).

can't make it to chicago during the week, so no go for next year. oh well, opening nite in chicago was enough, i suppose.

(still hoping without much hope for st. louis, though)

That's what I've been hearing, too. The new TCF Gopher Stadium is itching to have a huge name kick-off concerts there.

However, the neighborhoods around the new stadium have been complaining like all hell about the noise from the football games. So a U2 concert at night? Yikes!

I'm optimistic, but I have to be living 10 minutes from the stadium. :applaud:

Also, it's a lovely little stadium, if U2 plays there, think Sam Boyd part II. :rockon:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed they add Minneapolis. It's only a 7 hour drive down from Thunder Bay for me :D

two dates in anaheim and denver would be great, would like back-to-back nights for both but that may be too much to ask

would like two dates in miami AND philadelphia, but will probably go to whichever city gets two

7/18 and 7/19 for giants stadium would be much better tha 07/19 and 07/20

-dan

Strongly disagree. They're going to add cities to the European Leg, and they're going to add cities to the North American Leg too.

The reason things don't get announced all at the exact same time is because all the contracts haven't been officially signed yet. (And some decisions about the tour itinerary have likely yet to be finalized.)

Numerous friends of mine in Saskatchewan are convinced U2 is going to play a show in Regina because 'ACDC, Rolling Stones and Bon Jovi did' :banghead:

I can't imagine it but what do I know :shrug:

So, my mom came in the room and said on the radio/tv they talked about U2 coming back to chicago but mentioned they said they are talking about adding a second date to chicago? It is weird since u2.com said a one night only to chicago.. So this is probably not true but a rumor i guess?

Doesn't help boston or anybody else though...

The U2.com tour page does say additional "cities" to be announced - though it could conceivably just be referring to Europe, as we know extra gigs are coming there.

That's not the band's concern. Look at how some European cities have been announced only after others were put on sale. Look at Benelux fans, who already had tickets for shows in Germany and France before Brussels was announced.

Not sure if it was your source who told you U2 wasn't playing Toronto next summer (you wrote that about a month ago) because that's pretty much been a certainty for a couple months :)

Thanks for that info!

Furthermore, the Zurich concert has been confirmed (but still no date) by the chef of the military grounds:

U2 fliegen 2010 ein (Uster Dübendorf, ZO-Online)

This is a welcome piece of news! I was starting to wonder what was happening with Zurich.

Not sure if it was your source who told you U2 wasn't playing Toronto next summer (you wrote that about a month ago) because that's pretty much been a certainty for a couple months :)

Nah, that was my own assumption based on the general word doing the rounds about "no repeat markets!" I never actually even thought to ask anybody about whether Toronto would be re-visited (only NYC stuck out to me as an obvious exception to the no repeats).

My friend in Denver who has Bronco season tickets got an email from Invesco stadium today offering him his seats for the concert for $63. Seems pretty cheap for club seats right next to the stage?? But whatever...one of them is mine! Hope they add a second show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom