2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for gawd's sake, the people complaining that they didn't get a show in their own backyard and might have to drive an hour away, or that they're not getting a second show...jebus, the entitlement.

Those of us in the US "flyover" regions and the Aust/NZ are crying all over the place for you. No Minneapolis, Milwaukee, St Louis, or KC on the list (yet) means another 5 hour drive and expensive stay in Chicago. It is what it is. Would you be willing to do that on a regular basis?

Sorry, just had to get that off my ample chest. ;)

I agree, you New Englanders are too spoiled! Boston already got two shows! Be happy for the other cities that are finally getting a show.

If they were to play in New England, there's no stadium worth playing besides returning to Gillette, nothing else has a capacity of more than 45,000. If you're going to bother to bring it back to this area, you might as well have it an hour away from Hartford and double the capacity.

Rentschler Field in Hartford seats 40,000 for football, so U2 could probably do 45-50,000 with GA. That's not much more (if any) than [oops, not Norman] Vegas. And they've hosted The Police, the Stones, and Springsteen. So it's not a ridiculous notion....

as said earlier, I think we can forget about st.louis. there's no room for it. it sucks. it would have been the closest for people in texas. i think it will have to be anaheim or new york if any for me. if they release the songs of ascent, it better be before the tour starts. i and others will be pissed if they change up the setlist significantly during the tour after anaheim.

It's not a ridiculous notion, but the point is if they're going to make a trip to New England during this leg, a single night, it would make more sense to do a show that could double the gross Hartford could potentially provide.

as said earlier, I think we can forget about st.louis. there's no room for it. it sucks. it would have been the closest for people in texas. i think it will have to be anaheim or new york if any for me. if they release the songs of ascent, it better be before the tour starts. i and others will be pissed if they change up the setlist significantly during the tour after anaheim.

Don't forget DENVER for people in Texas. Plus DENVER is on a SATURDAY!

Rentschler Field in Hartford seats 40,000 for football, so U2 could probably do 45-50,000 with GA. That's not much more (if any) than [oops, not Norman] Vegas. And they've hosted The Police, the Stones, and Springsteen. So it's not a ridiculous notion....

I think they will play Boston after NYC.

so no more St. Louis or Madison?

Unfortunately for people in those cities, I think the addition of the Chicago date which makes it 3 chicago dates now for the entire tour makes playing St. Louis or Madison highly unlikely. Plus, there is very little room if any on the schedule for them. I did not expect them to return to Chicago because I thought they had met the demand there, but they are and will need people from Wisconsin and southern Illinois to support the show in Chicago. St. Louis under any circumstances would be a difficult market to sellout in, and with the Chicago date added, I think getting large attendance in St. Louis is nearly impossible.

Remember, the St. Louis Arena show with about 20,000 attendance on the Vertigo Tour took 3 months to sellout.

For the record, it takes only 5 hours and 15 minutes from Boston to Montreal.
Hmm. That sounds like the amount of time some people spent in their cities' respective parking lots. :wave::down:

Maybe U2 will play a one off indoor arena show for Boston? (very unlikely but more probable than Fenway Park. Yes, the Red Sox will be gone for at least 4 days in July for the All Star Game, but there's no way the stage can fit in there at all.)

Would people from Boston go see them at the Garden with a mini-me version of the 360 stage?

I think them skipping Foxboro means U2 hates New England.

Only reason I can think of why they'd skip. Not like Philly, Miami, Edmonton, and Montreal didn't get dates last leg. :tsk:

denver is 14 hours from dallas. 8 hours from the panhandle even.

Well, now you know how people in Denver felt when their closest option was Norman or Dallas in 2009.:wink:

Plus, St. Louis is 10 hours and 52 minutes from Dallas. So going to Denver is just requires 3 more hours of travel time if your driving. If you were to fly, it would be essentially the same travel time.

Maybe U2 will play a one off indoor arena show for Boston? (very unlikely but more probable than Fenway Park. Yes, the Red Sox will be gone for at least 4 days in July for the All Star Game, but there's no way the stage can fit in there at all.)

Would people from Boston go see them at the Garden with a mini-me version of the 360 stage?

You can't be serious. There's simply no way they're going to invest in an entirely different production for one arena show. The economics of this tour can't support an arena show.

The only reason they're doing all stadiums this time is because they had to do a TON more shows on the Vertigo indoor tour in order to make it economically feasible. And they don't want to play that many shows again. So they do fewer shows at larger venues.

Stupid question but I created an account in ticketmaster.ca but the links U2.com sent me keep going to ticketmaster.com
Will I still be able to get my presale tickets through ticketmaster.ca ??

You should have no problem. I was able to get Vancouver presale tickets for this leg and I'm based in the states.

I'm so out of the loop. Still trying to recover from the Rose Bowl yesterday :crack:

I see the dates listed on Page 1. When are the presales? And does anyone know if you renew your U2.com membership early (mine isn't due til January), do they extend your membership & get new codes right away?

Well, now you know how people in Denver felt when their closest option was Norman or Dallas in 2009.:wink:

Plus, St. Louis is 10 hours and 52 minutes from Dallas. So going to Denver is just requires 3 more hours of travel time if your driving. If you were to fly, it would be essentially the same travel time.

I think it's pretty unfair that they are doing another Chicago date, possibly sacrificing a concert in Wisconsin and/or Missouri...but I guess it makes sense, what with the cost of the tour, so they would be visiting markets where they know they can have a sold-out concert and high revenue.

You can't be serious. There's simply no way they're going to invest in an entirely different production for one arena show. The economics of this tour can't support an arena show.

The only reason they're doing all stadiums this time is because they had to do a TON more shows on the Vertigo indoor tour in order to make it economically feasible. And they don't want to play that many shows again. So they do fewer shows at larger venues.

I was kidding around in a Stephen Colbert type of way. :up:

I'm so out of the loop. Still trying to recover from the Rose Bowl yesterday :crack:

I see the dates listed on Page 1. When are the presales? And does anyone know if you renew your U2.com membership early (mine isn't due til January), do they extend your membership & get new codes right away?

yes, at least i'm told, haven't tried it. i still have 1 ticket left on my code

Maybe Boston will get a free but very raw show with no real production. They will just set up Larry's drums on the floor of the arena, bring in a basic sound system and leave the house lights on for the entire show. :wink:

Presale for Oakland, Edmonton, and Toronto are tomorrow. Nothing else has been announced yet.

Yes you will get a new code immediately. Your membership will be extended a year from your current due date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom