2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stop whining
u2 have played 13 shows in Mass over the last 3 tours!!

really hard done by aren't you?

Oh, and last i heard the US hardly had poor city-to-city transport links.

You have been spoilt and become lazy.

I'm not whining about anything. I already said I didn't think they should come back to MA. I was trying to figure out the reasoning which was pretty much answered by other folks on here. I could actually care less if they play nearby because I knew I'd travel to at least one far away city to see them. Sure , it makes it convenient if they're a half hour away but I certainly don't think the region is 'required' to have some third show. I'm happy we got what we got. I was asking the reasons for the region skip- not demanding they come back here. There's a big difference
I hadn't been to a show since Joshua tree before this September for abunch of different reasons , so catching them live again is a whole new thing again for me. I'm not lazy and spoiled. I travel pretty far to see bands I like. Why don't
you just ask me or disagree without a verbal attack and we can have a
conversation. I really like a lot of people on the board even though I'm new to
it- people have been very welcoming for the most part. You didn't have to get into name calling
that's disappointing

my comments weren't aimed at anyone specific, so don't take personal offence.
i made a general comment on what seems to be a common attitude from fans whose hometowns/states and countries are missing out.

Thanks,:hmm:
I didn't know they sold out. There's a couple friends in Jacksonville who couldn't make the Tampa show so hopefully they'll make Miami. Sounds like a lot of people plan to fly in for it.

Yeah I hope I can make the Miami show myself, it would be a great vacation spot next summer. I'll for sure be going to Denver since that's the closest show for me.

i don't live in the US

That's what I thought. Other than the northeast part of the country there isn't much of a state to state transportation system in the US other than driving yourself or taking planes. The rail system isn't great in most of the US and we won't even discuss the bus system.

Even in a lot of the stadiums being played there isn't a local mass transit system to get you to the stadiums and you're mostly dependent on having a car to get you there.

Last edited:
It may be a little late, but does anyone have suggestions as to which venues have e-newsletters that may send presale info/codes?

I think I'm on the Giants' Stadium one, but I was thinking of others.

Mark

You can still get in on Oakland before the public sale, but just for seats.

I don't know if this this helps anyone, but on lunch today, I threw a basic tour map together on Google.

U2 Summer 2010 - Google Maps

If I had some more time, I could make it all fancy and add presales dates once announced, etc. :) but here's how they're zig zagging around next year.

I don't know if this this helps anyone, but on lunch today, I threw a basic tour map together on Google.

If I had some more time, I could make it all fancy and add presales dates once announced, etc. :) but here's how they're zig zagging around next year.

Cool!

I was just thinking of something like that, but with the 3 different CLAWS moving from city to city. I was trying to piece together what cities might be added based on the CLAW logistics.

You can still get in on Oakland before the public sale, but just for seats.

I wish Oakland was a reality.

It looks like Anaheim and NY/NJ for me for sure--probably Montreal, too.

In between the first and last, I'll either do Minneapolis (if?!?!?!), Edmonton or Chicago (2 nights?).

I was wondering if Winnipeg may get a show instead of Mpls.

M

Cool!

I was just thinking of something like that, but with the 3 different CLAWS moving from city to city. I was trying to piece together what cities might be added based on the CLAW logistics.

Maybe other lines named Claw #1 & Claw #2, etc and each has its own "tour" on the map. How many days in between each "Claw" appearance? Is it minimum of 7-8?

It may be a little late, but does anyone have suggestions as to which venues have e-newsletters that may send presale info/codes?

I think I'm on the Giants' Stadium one, but I was thinking of others.

Mark

Meadowlands All Access is the name of the site that sent me the venue presale code last You can't get GA with it though.

Ok...kind of heard enough about the 2nd Gillette show..I went to both and was amazed..the official box numbers from the 2shows @ Gillette:
(shows/sellout) (gross income)
Foxborough Gillette Stadium 2 / 2 138,805 / 138,805 (100%) $12,859,778

HOPE THEY ADD ONE MORE!!!

They will. Boston is their home away from home and a guaranteed sellout.

Cool!

I updated the tour map to include little colored shapes indicating which "Claw" should be in that city. Based on three structures and a basic 1,2,3 numbering, per the tour dates. Very straightforward
My "Shape Drawing" on google maps leaves a lot to be desired, but you can get the jist.
Maybe knowing the whereabouts of the various claws helps when seeing if there's time in between tear down/rebuilding and transit for additional cities to be added.

(I really should be working.... :D but this is more fun)

I updated the tour map to include little colored shapes indicating which "Claw" should be in that city. Based on three structures and a basic 1,2,3 numbering, per the tour dates. Very straightforward
My "Shape Drawing" on google maps leaves a lot to be desired, but you can get the jist.
Maybe knowing the whereabouts of the various claws helps when seeing if there's time in between tear down/rebuilding and transit for additional cities to be added.

(I really should be working.... :D but this is more fun)

:up: Love it.

For my money, the two obvious gaps in the schedule seem like they would be filled by San Diego/Salt Lake City/Portland after Anaheim and either Winnipeg or Minneapolis after Edmonton. (St. Louis or KC may have an outside chance in either of those given Denver's location with the CLAW.)

Every other gap is too tight, especially if there are as many second nights as we expect.

M

what cities will get 2nd nights Leg 3?
Best chances are probably New York and Miami. Oakland, Anaheim, and Edmonton also have decent chances.

You never know though. There are no guarantees.

they need to hurry up and decide if philly and/or miami is getting 2

-dan

Best chances are probably New York and Miami. Oakland, Anaheim, and Edmonton also have decent chances.

You never know though. There are no guarantees.

Yeah, I think that sounds right. I think Anaheim has as good a shot as NY/NJ and Miami. It appears like there may be around 50K tickets for Angels' Stadium, so 2 nights seem perfectly reasonable.

I have no idea what Edmonton's market is like, but everyone seems fairly convinced of 2 there.

I assume Philly depends on NY/NJ's 2nd night, too. :shrug:

Someone posted the NJ on sale date is 11/9 on TM, so that presale must be next week. I assume they'll firm up a lot of things soon-including the yet to be named Montreal venue. ha, forget the presales dates-they haven't even announced the venue

Someone posted the NJ on sale date is 11/9 on TM, so that presale must be next week. I assume they'll firm up a lot of things soon-including the yet to be named Montreal venue. ha, forget the presales dates-they haven't even announced the venue

Landshark in Miami lists Nov. 9 for general sale, too.

Get your credit cards ready!

You know, I keep forgetting about Ohio.

I wonder if U2 does, too?

I haven't lived in Ohio for many years, but I'm surprised that U2 isn't playing the horseshoe in Columbus. They must figure that Ohioans will travel to Michigan? I remember seeing Pink Floyd there back around 1990... okay, I kinda remember it.

Landshark in Miami lists Nov. 9 for general sale, too.

Get your credit cards ready!

so far for next week it's looking like at least Denver, Miami, and New York

with one or two other shows probably joining that list

Yeah, I think that sounds right. I think Anaheim has as good a shot as NY/NJ and Miami. It appears like there may be around 50K tickets for Angels' Stadium, so 2 nights seem perfectly reasonable.
Yeah, I probably should've included Anaheim in with NY and Miami. Considering how easily they sold out the Rose Bowl this year, the Angels Stadium tickets should be gone in a flash. I doubt they'd have any trouble at all selling a second show.

Though I suppose some demand might be siphoned off if they add a San Diego stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom