2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard RED Zone tickets, at least for Austria and Germany will be sold directly this time, but they seem to be quite expensive. That means there will be even less people in the RED zones next year. If I have enough money (which I know I don't) I'd actually consider buying Red Zone for at least one concert, maybe in Germany :hmm:

Probably the same idiot who thinks they played Desire in Toronto, Mysterious Ways in Glasgow, debuted Sunday Bloody Sunday in Chicago ...

BTW Ax, I love your u2gigs site. I've been to 3 shows on this tour so far, and it's fun to see all the songs I've heard for the first time (besides TUF and UV and the new shit.)

dübendorf is a military airfield, for concerts they have 4 small stands. aha. :hmm:

lg_zurich.jpg

hmm... I think those are 'mobile stands' which are only there for concerts? If I remember well, the Madonna and Stones concerts that took place there had around 70,000 visitors, which means that is is actually just a concert on a field with 'some extra seats'. This makes me wonder why they stick to stadiums everywhere else...?

From this it is indeed clear (stated by many before) that they are looking for suitable places where the stadium will not be occupied for soccer matches. This rules out a lot of stadiums in Europe (for example Zurich has some very nice and big enough stadiums...). Actually this is really weird. The solution could have been to play Europe and USA/Canada in the same order as they do this year... Or did they underestimate this problem? Seems to be a big disadvantage with this setup where 10 days are needed per stadium...

Looking at the Zurich diagram they may as well put some temporary stands up in my local supermarket car park!

:lol:

the swiss are a bit pissed, cause madonna also played this field and they say it was awful in all respects. that wasn't what they expected. LOL!
this was the third venue i had to google (after horsens and coimbra) because i had no clue where it is. weird. :crack:

Looking at the Zurich diagram they may as well put some temporary stands up in my local supermarket car park!

Haha, call Mc Guinne$$, you just had the greatest idea for the next U2 Tour. Bringing their own Claw and 4 temporary stands makes them able to give concerts everywhere and will make them independent from (in)available stadiums!! also, they don't have to rent those expensive stadiums, only a piece of grass large enough... :D:lol:

Haha, call Mc Guinne$$, you just had the greatest idea for the next U2 Tour. Bringing their own Claw and 4 temporary stands makes them able to give concerts everywhere and will make them independent from (in)available stadiums!! also, they don't have to rent those expensive stadiums, only a piece of grass large enough... :D:lol:

Not as daft as it sounds really is it? :lol:

:lol:

the swiss are a bit pissed, cause madonna also played this field and they say it was awful in all respects. that wasn't what they expected. LOL!
this was the third venue i had to google (after horsens and coimbra) because i had no clue where it is. weird. :crack:

Only experience I had like this was the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast gig in Saratoga Springs, NY back in August of '92. I don't remember seeing any seats there - just a huge open space but it was an excellent concert and the sound was superb with nothing for it to echo off.

I heard RED Zone tickets, at least for Austria and Germany will be sold directly this time, but they seem to be quite expensive. That means there will be even less people in the RED zones next year. If I have enough money (which I know I don't) I'd actually consider buying Red Zone for at least one concert, maybe in Germany :hmm:

I guess that's good for the ppl that really want red zone cuz then they'd have their spot for sure. I could totally see them making the tickets really expensive though :huh:

I wonder how much GA they're going to fit in there. :hmm:

Next thing we hear is U2 playing in the middle of lake Geneva! With a floating claw and fans on boats or something like that. :hmm: wait, I'd actually dig that!

So that rumor about U2 playing on the Brazilian oil platform might be true? :hmm:

:wink:

Mark

Looks like their charging about the same for the most expensive reserved seats. I paid 250 each plus taxes for my Toronto seats. I would pay that much for red zone to have the spot on the rail without having to wait in line all day.

Would i be right in saying that not all red zones are on the rail though?
My friends had red zone for wembley2 and i'm pretty sure they ended up coming into the normal GA, outside the inner circle, as it was closer

Looks like their charging about the same for the most expensive reserved seats. I paid 250 each plus taxes for my Toronto seats. I would pay that much for red zone to have the spot on the rail without having to wait in line all day.

Yeah uh, but wouldn't that be dollars? 250 canadian dollar is 157 euros..

Would i be right in saying that not all red zones are on the rail though?
My friends had red zone for wembley2 and i'm pretty sure they ended up coming into the normal GA, outside the inner circle, as it was closer

Oh really? Red zone doesn't sound that good after all then

Yeah uh, but wouldn't that be dollars? 250 canadian dollar is 157 euros..

Oh yeah :doh: My bad
K that's a little overpriced then

i assumed that they would be playing the Letzigrund in Zurich? I'm surprised that they will be playing Dubendorf, i thought there weren't playing flat fields?

i assumed that they would be playing the Letzigrund in Zurich? I'm surprised that they will be playing Dubendorf, i thought there weren't playing flat fields?

Apparently the problem was capacity - Live Nation wanted space with a bigger capacity than any of the stadiums and ended up with Dubendorf. It is acknowledged within Switzerland that the stadiums are somewhat small. Madonna also played Dubendorf last year. Also I guess acoustically it ought to be rather better.

Oh really? Red zone doesn't sound that good after all then

Oh yeah :doh: My bad
K that's a little overpriced then

red zone at Wembley was brilliant- had a great view, was right up by the catwalk and plenty of space to jump about- we paid £100 for a red zone ticket

Apparently the problem was capacity - Live Nation wanted space with a bigger capacity than any of the stadiums and ended up with Dubendorf. It is acknowledged within Switzerland that the stadiums are somewhat small. Madonna also played Dubendorf last year. Also I guess acoustically it ought to be rather better.

I think it has noting to do with capacity. The problem is that most stadiums are occupied for soccer matches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom