2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it strange that they are announcing European dates for next Fall, but not any dates for NA in June/July? (as supposed on here)

Not really. They're done in Europe now, there are no more chances to see them there until next year, whereas in North America, they can still sell more tickets for the remaining shows this leg that aren't sold out. For example, if they announced other places now, someone in Norman could say "screw it, I'll go see them in X place next year rather than Norman this year," and they'd potentially lose that ticket sale. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until closer to or even after the end of this leg to announce NA.

^ That's exactly what I've been thinking. It would be crazy for them to announce next year's dates before the end of this tour (or at least before Vegas which is the first of the remaining sold out shows).

:hyper:i am seriously freaking out at the infinite possibilities! i planned on taking an overseas trip to one of those countries anyway next year! i cant even contain my excitement at this coincidence!

I hope they will confirm Serbia. If not, Budapest will be ok also.

I am with you on that one. Even tho I probably won't end up going there to see them (just coz many other places are closed to me), I absolutely think that Belgrade deserves a show, the same way Sarajevo and Zagreb already had theirs.

I am with you on that one. Even tho I probably won't end up going there to see them (just coz many other places are closed to me), I absolutely think that Belgrade deserves a show, the same way Sarajevo and Zagreb already had theirs.

Thank you, that's nice of you to say and I agree. :D

Off topic: This is just my second post in here, but I'm reading this forum for a long time and I like it a lot.

I have heard from a very reliable source that U2 will play Stadium of Light in Sunderland UK

I'm already working on calculating costs the week of September 18th for a trip to Paris. I went when I was 10 years old and I've always wanted to go back. U2 is a pretty damn good reason to return. :wink:

haha oh wow, i just realized, on the off chance i do move to the uk next year, wouldn't it be funny if i was there for that leg instead of in the us? the sheer number of dates i could see for a fixed amount of money would be so much greater in the uk just due to all the various methods of transportation.

Total crystal ball time, I'm afraid - plenty of these 2010 rumours have actually ended up being true, but there doesn't seem to be anything concrete for UK / Ireland. My only reason for being a U2.com member is the presale code, but I'd be very reluctant to renew early if there's no likelihood of any shows close to home next year. So, at risk of sounding like a broken record, should I hang back and hope for UK / Ireland shows, or renew now 'just in case'? My current subscription is valid until January 2010, so time is still on my side.

Yes, rumor is U2 are playing two dates in Roma, Friday 6th and Saturday 7th of August. These will be the first two gigs of the European 2010 leg, supposedly.

But a date in Rome is not official yet, or is it?
Great if it's true. and great if it will be added before Frankfurt. That still leaves a lot of space in september for Netherlands :) Or even before Rome...

But a date in Rome is not official yet, or is it?
Great if it's true. and great if it will be added before Frankfurt. That still leaves a lot of space in september for Netherlands :) Or even before Rome...

The Rome dates are not yet official, only rumors at this point.

I'm hoping a Brussels date will be added around that time, not sure Rotterdam or any other Dutch cities will get any dates :down:

I honestly do not think UK or Ireland will be included in this tour. While I think they could do more shows in both, demand was pretty exhausted for the 2009 shows.

You ARE taking the piss right? :hmm: Let them cut out a revisit to the US and see how you then react when we say simillar :angry:

They could sell another London no problem, they need to do Edinburgh and possibly Madchester too. :heart:

You ARE taking the piss right? :hmm: Let them cut out a revisit to the US and see how you then react when we say simillar :angry:

They could sell another London no problem, they need to do Edinburgh and possibly Madchester too. :heart:

U2 not playing the UK is hard to imagine, though I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Ireland a miss.

Yes, rumor is U2 are playing two dates in Roma, Friday 6th and Saturday 7th of August.

If true, I would love to go there for both shows. Haven't been in beautiful Roma for some time now. However, it will be a very tight schedule because I plan to see the Frankfurt show as well. Looks like I'll have to make a decision :hmm:

Its great that concerts are announced early as it gives ample time to work out where and when you want to go. Problem is most airlines and some hotels wont let you book anywhere this far in advance. Defeats the object a bit really:lol:

ok so i have a question that i really need answered! Is there GA tickets still available in the general sale after the U2.com presale?

Of course. I never was a u2.com member and I got GA's for every concert I wanted to.

Come on, they don't sell THAT many tickets in the presale. :wink:

Am I the only one that is surprised that they have made this announcement at this time. Why not wait until the US is finished and when the further European dates are in a position to be firmed up. It's only a month to wait.

For once it would be useful if U2.com were able to make announcements in a clear fashion (eg presale codes) so that the people who really care (us diehard fans) can make plans and execute them in full knowledge of all the facts. I'm not doubting U2's motives, just their ability to communicate with fans in an orderly way.

I'd love to go to like 10 cities from these dates. It's going to be hard deciding where to go. I'd love to go to Rome but also Paris or Athens would be nice... And I was planning to spend a week in London so I really hope they'll ad some show there.

The main reason for the realease of these dates and early on-sales is to gauge the demand and whether multiple shows in certain locations will be required, which may affect other posible dates. Logisitical issues are currently being worked out with regard to UK dates. Ideally, a northern/middle england location such as Manchester would've been preferred but at that time of year Old Trafford and City of Manchester stadiums are unavailable due to Man Utd and Man City football requirements. A Leeds date is still being mulled over. The one definite UK date to be added is a return to the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff where the tour DVD will be filmed. The band believe the acoustics and atmosphere generated in Cardiff are unrivalled.

The main reason for the realease of these dates and early on-sales is to gauge the demand and whether multiple shows in certain locations will be required, which may affect other posible dates. Logisitical issues are currently being worked out with regard to UK dates. Ideally, a northern/middle england location such as Manchester would've been preferred but at that time of year Old Trafford and City of Manchester stadiums are unavailable due to Man Utd and Man City football requirements. A Leeds date is still being mulled over. The one definite UK date to be added is a return to the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff where the tour DVD will be filmed. The band believe the acoustics and atmosphere generated in Cardiff are unrivalled.

Ah, a newcomer! Seems like you've been in the business far longer than on these boards though. Interesting things you mentioned about the DVD and UK dates, hope you're right whoever you might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom