U2 360 Atlanta, Georgia 10-06-2009 Girl on stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1977ironhead

Babyface
I am the mystery girl in brown who was pulled on stage by Bono during Until the End of the World in Atlanta. It was a truly amazing experience. He motioned with his hand for me to come to him. My husband lifted me up towards Bono. He leaned over the rail and said, "Just grab my hand." The crowd helped my husband lift me higher. Bono grabbed me by the hand with supernatural strength and pulled me onto the bridge. As much as it looks like I was leading the pas de deux (dance of two) with Bono on the bridge, he was. I was so overwhelmed with just being there with him. He just held me and hugged me. He embraced me and I began to follow his lead. Although, it looks like I was swinging him around, it was quite the opposite. I felt almost weightless. Bono led me down the catwalk to the edge of the outer circle. He finished the song and again embraced me with his head on my shoulder for an eternity. He then asked my name and knelt down in front of me and kissed my hand. As Unforgettable Fire was beginning, he walked me to some steps at the end of the stage, told me thank you, and goodbye.

I am not sure why I was picked out of over 70,000 people. When I was standing on the edge of the outer circle with him, I felt as if I were living that moment with each of you in the Dome. The energy I felt was as if all of you were in the spotlight with me. It was surreal. Many thanks to all of you who have posted videos on youtube and pictures. The moment was so dreamlike... the pictures and video remind me that it was real. I have yet to see any photos taken from the outer circle head-on. I know there are pictures out there somewhere... If any of you have any videos or pictures of my few minutes with Bono, please email me. lastcall34@aol.com Thank you all, Miranda

I am the mystery girl in brown who was pulled on stage by Bono during Until the End of the World in Atlanta. It was a truly amazing experience. He motioned with his hand for me to come to him. My husband lifted me up towards Bono. He leaned over the rail and said, "Just grab my hand." The crowd helped my husband lift me higher. Bono grabbed me by the hand with supernatural strength and pulled me onto the bridge. As much as it looks like I was leading the pas de deux (dance of two) with Bono on the bridge, he was. I was so overwhelmed with just being there with him. He just held me and hugged me. He embraced me and I began to follow his lead. Although, it looks like I was swinging him around, it was quite the opposite. I felt almost weightless. Bono led me down the catwalk to the edge of the outer circle. He finished the song and again embraced me with his head on my shoulder for an eternity. He then asked my name and knelt down in front of me and kissed my hand. As Unforgettable Fire was beginning, he walked me to some steps at the end of the stage, told me thank you, and goodbye.

I am not sure why I was picked out of over 70,000 people. When I was standing on the edge of the outer circle with him, I felt as if I were living that moment with each of you in the Dome. The energy I felt was as if all of you were in the spotlight with me. It was surreal. Many thanks to all of you who have posted videos on youtube and pictures. The moment was so dreamlike... the pictures and video remind me that it was real. I have yet to see any photos taken from the outer circle head-on. I know there are pictures out there somewhere... If any of you have any videos or pictures of my few minutes with Bono, please email me. lastcall34@aol.com Thank you all, Miranda

excellent.

Miranda - I can't tell you just how envied you are, but like U2Brothr said - what an amazing first post!! :applaud: :heart:

I was in the upper Club Level seats on Adam's side so I wasn't able to get a good shot of your face (sorry! :reject:) but here are two of the three I took of you & B. (Let me know if you'd like these [& a 3rd less flattering shot :D] emailed to you. :up:)

U2AtlantaOct09134.jpg

U2AtlantaOct09135.jpg

Congratulations again!! What an experience. :drool:

When I was standing on the edge of the outer circle with him, I felt as if I were living that moment with each of you in the Dome. The energy I felt was as if all of you were in the spotlight with me.

You know I just re-read your expierence and I just wanted to say I LOVE what you said here. :up:

Like others have said what a wonderful first post... Thanks for sharing your amazing story and giving us the opportunity to feel what you felt that night by writing what you did. Truely a moment to remember.

Congrats!

Thank you for the compliments! It is so difficult to try and describe what it was like!!!! Words really do it no justice! Thanks for looking for pictures. I found some great ones on a u2atlanta shutterfly account. Please, let me know if any of you find pictures posted so I can go check them out. Thanks again, Miranda

Back
Top Bottom