Toronto show 9/16/09- Not allowed to stand and dance!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kkoz99

Babyface
The show last night was awesome- Bono has never sounded better.
However, I was wondering if this happened to anyone else- we were told to sit down by security or we were going to be removed from the Rogers Centre bc people in our section complained that we were standing and dancing.
I have NEVER been to a concert before where this happened!
Thank God tonight I'm on the floor!
We didnt sit down- just moved to a different section but im still so mad at the way I was treated. If i had been smoking pot, i guess that would have been fine!
See you there tonight :)

That is just insane!! I could never sit still during a U2 concert. I'm going on Sunday with a broken foot and still plan on standing and dancing as best as I can!!

OK, I'm guilty of this. I was at a Matchbox 20 show (which was average) and these old birds got up and started dancing, well not dancing but clapping and stuff. Now I would not of cared but they blocked my line of sight to the stage so I told them to sit the fuck down.

Thats the only time that happened, but yeah I understand how it can be annoying but if you were blocking someones view then try to think of that.

At one point, I was the only one standing in my side of the section. I hope everyone enjoyed me shaking my fat ass :D

:shocked: jeesus christ! that is unreal!! what miserable bastuds!!! :coocoo:

When I went to Dublin 3, I had a 6th row seat. The girl behind me was really into the opening band, The Script. They're another home-grown Irish band. Well, I started getting into the song they were singing, so I stood up to take pics and a snippet video. The guy sitting behind me (next to the girl) told me to sit down. I was shocked. I sat down but I told him, I hope you're not planning to sit down during U2, because I sure as hell will not be sitting down! He gave me some crap about oh, yeah if everyone is standing up then it's okay to stand up, but during The Script no one else was standing up (except for the girl next to him) so he didn't want me to stand up.

Geez, no love for the opening band whatsoever. :rant::mad::angry: Whatev, dude, so NOT cool...

When I sat down, the girl behind me sat down as well because she witnessed the whole thing between me and the dude. But after what I said about standing up during U2, she put a hand on me and said Don't worry, I'll stand up with you.

The show last night was awesome- Bono has never sounded better.
However, I was wondering if this happened to anyone else- we were told to sit down by security or we were going to be removed from the Rogers Centre bc people in our section complained that we were standing and dancing.
I have NEVER been to a concert before where this happened!
Thank God tonight I'm on the floor!
We didnt sit down- just moved to a different section but im still so mad at the way I was treated. If i had been smoking pot, i guess that would have been fine!
See you there tonight :)

WOW!!! What LAME kind've fans/security want people to sit down.:down:
They would have to drag me out!

Wait, or maybe I would pretend to not speak english?!?!:D

This is pretty typical of a toronto crowd. People love to complain, and they love to sit quietly. Hopefully this doesn't affect my first U2 experience. Guess I shoulda got GA tickets :doh:.

being from toronto this does not surprise me...fuckers think only about them having the best time and not wanting others to have any fun that fucks with their time...looozers....i would be pissed to but it sucks that if you make fuss they will just punt your ass....sad sad sad...

I was at the show last night...we arrived at 8:15, walked over to the rail and had the best time....it took people a bit to get into it, the new songs maybe still a little too new for some, but that didn't stop me...non-stop bouncing, singing and screaming....the view of the CN tower above the claw was an added bonus...

Great sound, great show, great time....GA is the best!!!:)

^ did people have to warm up to Zoo Station and The Fly for the indoor leg of ZooTV? Intentional rhetorical question...

it didn't bother me one bit.

Yes, great sound for rogers centre.

Why do people need to see the stage? I thought the whole point was live music. Music requires ears. It doesn't require eyes!

GA is where the party is at.

Why do people need to see the stage? I thought the whole point was live music. Music requires ears. It doesn't require eyes!

GA is where the party is at.

Why would you need GA then? I mean you should be able to hear the music from any place in the venue, so why should you need GA?

Why would you need GA then? I mean you should be able to hear the music from any place in the venue, so why should you need GA?
haha, good point!

i've been to a couple rock concerts with very subdued crowds. it's pretty much like the op said, no one stood up, much less danced! and it wasn't because security hassled them or anything. each time i was front row center so i essentially let the rest of the crowd guilt trip me into staying seated. never again!

Depends on how you dance. If you sway a bit, fine. If you raise your arms high in the air or jump around. The point is whether you obstruct the view of the people behind you. If you do, then it's a problem.

Back
Top Bottom