September 29, 2009, Fedex Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EB3.jpg

EB2.jpg

EB1.jpg

Thanks. I couldn't bring in my DSLRs (darn), so I just bought a compact camera from walmart because I can return it with no restocking fee :D.

I picked up the Kodak Z915 for only like $170 or so. It has 10x zoom. Using the proper manual settings, however, are crucial to getting decent results.
I was either in the circle side/front or red zone for those.

Which song had the mic pack issue?

:hmm: I was on the floor (inner circle for half) and saw neither - maybe it was on the other side. Bono did have a problem with his wireless mic pack, which had to replaced.

Can't remember which song that was. Been trying to recall it all day and can't bring it to mind! Save me from my senility.

Here's my version of this CT one, which I've seen a lot of:

CT.jpg

Another Edge one:

EDGE3.jpg

What are those settings?

It depends on camera and lighting, etc. For these, I think I used shutter priority, iso 400, 1/125s. I wouldn't buy a camera that doesn't have manual controls.

On a more reserved note: I've been waiting fourteen years to hear Your Blue Room live, and now that I have I think it was the low point of the set. The song is carried by Bono's falsetto, and the substitution of a taped version sucks the energy out of the song. The new bridge is lovely, though.

That was The Edge singing, while Bono sang the low parts-at least at my show.

<>

For the people who were right in the middle, not far back from the stage, what were you wearing? I may have seen you! :D

We were about 10 people or so, give or take, from the closest you can be to the stage. It was great. Next time I might take the outer rail though for a different experience.

Also, I thought they handled the GA situation very nicely. Even though I did, you didn't even have to be in the line all day. Once they get your name, you get your number and wristband, you could leave and do whatever you want and come back whenever you want freely. Is that how it always it? Number, name, wristband?

how the heck do i insert an image? it wants a URL but they are on my hard drive...

I thought the show was terrific. Bono's voice was great taking MLK to the heavens. This is my second show in DC, and though the audience is a more reserved crowd than NY, last night was something special. They sang their hearts out for the band, and the band clearly appreciated it.

Mysterious Ways was terrific as well as New Years Day.

I'm a happy fan.

:lmao: I think I can guess this one. U2@NYC must have been typing on his/her Blackberry. I do this all the time too, hit the shift+E key (capital E) instead of the alt+E key (number 2). It should have said U2, maybe?? :D

So do I! :lol:

Thanks for the reviews and pictures everyone! :)

I just realized that my new camera doesn't let me numerically set the shutter setting. I gotta toggle with the different scene options. But I do get to set the ISO. Thanks for the tips, ntalwar!

Wife and I drove down from PA for the show. We always travel to see them in a city we have never been before (prior tours- Miami and Boston) We had no intentions of getting their too early and were going to be happy with being in the back of the GA which is where we ended up. Hoping to arrive in time to see most of Muse. We had early dinner at nice place in the middle of DC near Pennsylvania avenue and left at about 6:15 to go to concert. Its 8 miles from the restaurant to the stadium. It took an incredible 3 hours to got those 8 miles so unfortunately did not get there till 3 songs in which was a disappointment. The access roads to the stadium and the parking is the worse I have ever seen. They had us park, mind you in stadium sponsored parking, that was a mile and a half walk to the stadium. Unreal...luckily they did not have the nerve to charge us for that parking.

Anyway on to the show. Highlights:
1. Beer and liquor on sale right at the back of GA area. Guinness on tap too! Took 30 seconds to get a beer from where I was standing.
2. Sound at the back of the GA was phenominal. Came accross crystal clear.
3. Watching the cops at the back, who didn't appear to be fans, stare in awe at the whole production.
4. One was a real highlight. Was not expecting much from it given how much it has been played but they played that song extremely passionate which was great.
5. Ultraviolet will never get old
6. Was surprised at how good NYD and SBS sounded given the staleness of them.
7. The Iranian guy coming up with the US flag, regardless of your political views, was actually quite cool and touching.
8. Been a critic of Edge on this tour in hearing the boots and missing the solos but must say when you are in the stadium listening he is still pretty much on fire.

Lowlights:
1. obviously getting there 3 songs in and the travel was horrible. Planned this well and never in wildest dreams could have predicted taking 3 hours to go 8 miles including the walk to the stadium.
2. Cutting of the set list, including UC, NLOTH, and one less song, is unexplainable and unnacceptable. Don't understand this U2 particularly as this was the only night in DC and no show in Philly.

Good show overall for what we got to actually see but will never again see a show in DC.

This is why you should go for just outside the circle, not inner circle. When they come out on the circle they face forward. Outside the circle, slightly to the left or right, it was sweeet.

IMG_0646-1.jpg

Amp not only got on stage, he managed to get slightly more than his fair share of 'Bono time' at arrival. Gotta hand it to him, he knows how to do it.

IMG_0357-1.jpg

7. The Iranian guy coming up with the US flag, regardless of your political views, was actually quite cool and touching.

I thought Amp is a Sikh?

It's funny because earlier in the day, he said if he ran, he would get tackled due to high police presence.

From wiki: Due to the turbans Sikhs wear and the relative scarcity of Sikhs, there have been incidents of mistaking Sikhs in Western countries for Middle Eastern men and/or Muslims. This has negatively affected Sikhs living in the west especially with respect to the 9/11 terrorist attack and recent Iraq War conflict.

Back
Top Bottom