September 23, 2009 - Giants Stadium New York - New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This night I was in the inner pit, second row right behind circa1992. I was #29 in the line, but I got outrun by a lot of people. But the show was amazing!!

Tim, thanks for the video of She's The One. That performance was really special.

They told us that we were not allowed to bring banners or flags in, and we were protesting. But they wouldn't hear us, so I had to throw my sign out, and so did circa1992 and a bunch of other people. Some people towards the middle of the line managed to sneak their signs or flags in, I think. I had a shirt that I had painted with glow in the dark paint. On one side it read, 'MOFO PLEASE'. On the other side, it read, 'PICK or STICK PLS?'. During soundcheck after Muse, I called out to Sam O'Sullivan and showed him my 'STICK' sign. He saw it and laughed. I didn't manage to get any pick or stick though... bummer...

BUT, when U2 came on, I flashed the Mofo sign repeatedly, and the Stick sign to Larry. I could see Larry on this night, but one of his cymbals was right in front of his eyes!! :mad: So he couldn't really see my sign!

Bono stopped in front of me and I'm pretty sure he saw my sign, because it looked like he was staring at it. Adam was right in front of me a few times, and he also saw my sign.

We didn't get Mofo that night. But several sources said that Mofo was sound-checked the next day. :YAY: That means someone did see my sign!! :D

When Bono asked the audience to take out our cellphones and turn the stadium into the milky way, I held up part of my sign that says, 'PLEASE'. I'm sure that glowed pretty bright in the darkness of the stadium.

I'm hoping that someone got a picture of my glowing banner in the pit. If you do have it, please post it here or pm me.

Yeah, but aren't you at least 6' tall? Unfortunately, that's not a great option for us because we are so short (we're both only 5'). If we were taller, maybe that would work for us. It's really not so much fun catching glimpses of the band between other people's heads and hands.

:shrug: it apparently wasn't so much fun being drained of all energy for something you've looked forward to for a long time, either.

to each his/her own... i'm sorry you ended up having a bad experience.

Night 1 was a great show--being in the inner circle was a blast--if a bit exhauting. YBR=:drool: Band sounded great--m only complaint was Bono's voice seemd to have a slight high pitched quality--but I'm ntpicking it was fantastic...

The show was incredible. I got to the stadium and tailgated in the parking lot for a few hours before going in.

Muse was great..Didn't seem like there were too many people in my section (113) standing during their set, but they definitely got cheers at the end..

I really liked their setlist and the fact that they mixed everything. I never knew what was coming! I loved Your Blue Room, but sadly alot of people didn't seem into it..

City of Blinding Lights and Crazy Tonight were definite highlights visually and musically.

It was a great show!:up:

Great show. I love how they keep changing the setlist around. I was front rail between Edge and Bono. It was so hot down in the pit. The humidity was almost unbearable, but that didn't stop me from jumping up and down and having a great time. Bono was singing above me during Your Blue Room and he even sweated on me a little, but it was so hot it didn't matter.

Great show. I love how they keep changing the setlist around. I was front rail between Edge and Bono. It was so hot down in the pit. The humidity was almost unbearable, but that didn't stop me from jumping up and down and having a great time. Bono was singing above me during Your Blue Room and he even sweated on me a little, but it was so hot it didn't matter.

That's hot. Bono sweat. You should have soaked it up with your shirt and Ebayed it.

Blue Room was easily the highlight for me - I did not expect it...and I haven't listened to that CD for probably 7 or 8 years...but it was one of those things at a show that takes me by surprise and really sinks its hooks in me. I read a lot of reviews saying it should be cut, and that the audience got up to take a piss.

Might be true, who knows, but I didn't notice anything like that in the GA. Didn't matter as I was pretty transfixed on the show at that point.

If they come back to NJ I might check it out again. I loathe the Giants Stadium thing though, so maybe I'll see it in Philly and stay the night, as they have a nice Holiday Inn in walking distance.

Brought my 8 yr old Jason to his first ever concert and made sure it was a U2 one as he's a huge fan and probrably ruined any concert he ever goes to going forward as he was the little boy pulled up on stage during City of Blinding Lights!!!

The kid (and the old man) couldn't have been happier!

If anybody has any video/pictures of him up on stage with Bono please, please send it to jahearn@slk.com as of course my camera was full and it happened so quickly I couldn't get any good shots!

Thanks so much and thank you U2 for making it a great 1st concert experience for my son!

How awesome for your son. You're absolutely right, you (and Bono) have ruined him for all other concerts going forward :sexywink:

:shrug: it apparently wasn't so much fun being drained of all energy for something you've looked forward to for a long time, either.

to each his/her own... i'm sorry you ended up having a bad experience.

No, it wasn't very fun unfortunately. :| It actually sucked big-time and of course I'm extremely disappointed. I didn't realize it was going to be THAT hot and humid (especially after the cool summer we've had. If so, I would've been better prepared with electrolyte replacing drinks instead of vitamin waters. Oh well, lesson learned for next time! I just hope I'll be lucky enough to get a great spot once again.

Some pics I took

015.jpg

022.jpg

039.jpg

Those are some pretty good pictures, Laura!

This was the worst pit experience I had just because it was HOT and HUMID, and it got pretty revolting when the guy next to you had quite bad BO... :huh:

I'm sure each and every one of us reeked quite a bit from the heat and humidity, but there were quite a few moments when I was glad I had my sign with me because I got to use it to cover my nose when it got so bad. And someone behind us insisted on lighting up a stogie that reeked sooo bad... Security tried to get them to put it out, but as soon as U2 came on, they lighted it up again, and also some other stuffs. All that aroma inside the pit... oy... :sick: I don't blame Liz for getting sick...

But it was an amazing experience to be that close to the band. The energy from the crowd is amazing. We kept singing 40 during the encores. Bono definitely saw my glow in the dark sign I made:
000r12b6

000rb3pa

Night 1 was a great show--being in the inner circle was a blast--if a bit exhauting. YBR=:drool: Band sounded great--m only complaint was Bono's voice seemd to have a slight high pitched quality--but I'm ntpicking it was fantastic...

actually i noticed that high pitched quality on night two on the outer rail. I had nosebleeds for night 1 and you didn't hear the high pitched tone up there. I think it has something to do w/ the sound barrier below the stage.

Here are some of my pictures from that night. This was the only time I had seats (200 level). An interesting experience.

9124_311854530502_878975502_9476109_2237261_n.jpg

The pit. Give a shout if you see yourself! :)

9124_311855175502_878975502_9476114_7580630_n.jpg

Our view from the seats.

9124_311855795502_878975502_9476120_1227999_n.jpg

9124_311855805502_878975502_9476121_2672351_n.jpg

9124_311855815502_878975502_9476122_3302145_n.jpg

9124_311855820502_878975502_9476123_230446_n.jpg

During Crazy Tonight I'd noticed at previous concerts that when Larry returns to the main stage, he throws the djembé to Sam. I wanted to capture that moment on camera (with the djembé being in the air). Well... I was a split second too late. :( Sam already has the djembé and is running away with it.

9124_311857335502_878975502_9476147_6613071_n.jpg

:)

Back
Top Bottom