September 21, 2009 - Gilette Stadium Foxboro - Massachusetts - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:26 PM
September 21, 2009 - Gilette Stadium Foxboro - Massachusetts

Post your pics, reviews, experiences here.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:26 PM
Where is this magical Boston stadium you keep speaking of?

Old 09-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Ask U2.com.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, but since when has U2.com been a legitimate source? We already know that site is run by incompetent fools who apparently know nothing about geography. It's saturated with fluff ups. This site has always been more legit. At least their T-Shirts list the proper locations so people don't walk around looking like idiots with shirts that say things like "FedEx Field, Washington, DC".
Old 09-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

no one has been able to tell me where oaklans is
Old 09-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Is that better Mizz unico?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

I approve

No seriously though, it's been a good laugh for a long time how U2.com fucked the locations and hasn't changed them on the site ever since posting them. Just another reason why I go here instead. Y'all are great about accuracy. I mean, they can't even get something as simple as a location correct. It just looks ridiculous.

ETA: Actually I think they did change NY to NJ. I could've sworn when it was first listed, it said New York City, NY.

But alas, I digress. Thanks for changing it!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:51 AM   #8
The Fly

Local Time: 08:26 PM
Just got home from Foxboro2 and all I can say is
Foxboro 1 =awesome
Foxboro 2 = awesome x1,000
Inside rail in front of Bono, 2nd row both nights and it was unreal , even more so tonight.
will post more later.
Now begins my PTD (Post tour Depression) as thats it for me for now anyway.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #9
Acrobat

I thought tonights show was a great show and the crowd seemed to have alot more enthusiasm than last night which is always good. I had a blast, however, that being said, I am going to be frank about what i think about sitting behind the stage-- it's not for me. I discovered that I really feed off the energy they give out and that was missing for me in a way; I didnt really hit nirvana like I do when they are facing me,even if I cant see them very close. At least I know they are looking out my way. SO, I was abit disappointed...especially since I could tell that the crowd was really great & the band was responding to that. I wanted to be part of it and felt left out. I also found myself sardined in the middle of a row which Ive never encountered before. Bizarre i know. I was so squished, I could barely move to the music. I went with two friends and this was their first u2 show...they said they enjoyed the show and didnt mind the band's forward facing predominance. But they had a different perspective...they werent even curious to know what it would be like from a different vantage point, which every fanatic obsesses about, as we know. Dont get me wrong, they do make some small appearances towards the back, but is very fleeting & minimal. Most of the time you are just looking at the screen & the back of their bodies. The approximity to them didnt seem to be a big benefit in this case (for me anyway.) They are still quite far away -i could not get one decent photo of them w. zoom, so much for "being closer" lol Id much rather be looking directly at them from the far end of the stadium, than behind. Thats just me though. I dont plan on getting behind the stage seats again. I told myself that during the VErtigo tour, but the illusion of the 360 lured me in.

Ive read a few reviews describing a postive experience from behind the stage which did play a factor in me choosing them. I just wanted to offer another experience. What I think Id like to advise anyone considering them...is to think about what your personal preference is in regards to how important band interaction is to you. Or the "feeling" of interaction... the energy given out towards you. If you thrive on that, then behind the stage is definitely not for you.
Youll still have a good time, but finding "lift off" might be more challenging.

Regardless of this--- It was a blast and Im so sad no more shows........
Old 09-22-2009, 02:56 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

This was arguably the best show of the tour so far and I was there. Holy fuck.

Will post a more detailed review when I'm not half asleep. I liked Breathe as an opener Sunday, but after hearing Magnificent open the show, it blows Breathe away. It got the crowd going from the start. Was slightly dissapointed(and by slight I mean for literally 2 seconds lol) to not hear Breathe, but I did hear it Sunday. And this show was so amazing, it made up for that.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:07 AM   #11
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
This was arguably the best show of the tour so far and I was there. Holy fuck.

And of course Im situated behind the stage for this best show of the tour that gets you combusting into fire. Aw man.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:16 AM   #12
The Fly

Had seats on Sunday night and had a blast. This was my first time doing GA.

OH. MY. GOD.

Due to my friend running extremely late we didn't even arrive until 6:30. We walked in and were looking around to see where we were going to stand. I was fully ready to just be towards the back with plenty of room to dance/jump, whatever. As we were walking around an event staff guy came up and asked if we wanted to go into the pit, they had room for 50 more people and if we wanted in we had to hurry. We went over to Edge's side, ended up 4 back. We met some really great people around us, everyone was so nice about saving each other's spots for leaving for bathroom breaks or food. This continued during the show, we all made sure that everyone could see and we all worked to keep the people who hadn't been around from just plopping themselves in front of us (which did happen twice, the first time the guy was an ass and he and my friend nearly got into a fight; the second time I just told the guy that we had been in that spot for a while and that if he wanted to move behind us we would make room and he and his wife were really nice and did move behind us). I have never felt an energy like the energy in the pit. Usually I run out of steam towards the end of a concert, but this was so amazing and I could have kept going. The band was laughing a lot with each other, they seemed to be having a great time. The Edge was right above us for most of the show. He came onto the bridge and played most of SBS on there, right above me. I know a lot of Interferencers have met them or had close-up experiences w/them before, but this was my first time being that close and to know that someone whose work you admire so much is about 3 feet above you is just indescribable. At one point during the show I got really emotional, just looking around taking it all in. The setlist, the sound, the vibe, the people around us, finally having a GA experience, it was overwhelming.

I'm glad to hear other people say the vibe was great because from the pit it was amazing and I kept saying to my friend that this was the best U2 show I had ever seen (my 10th) but couldn't tell if it was just because of where I was. I kept wondering if the people I met were Interferencers.

Best show I have ever seen, I never want a seat again.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #13
The Fly

I'll give you my two cent's on the show. Just got back home an hour ago (I live in Maine).

Stood near the back of the inner circle on Edge's side (my view of Bono at the mike stand was pretty much profile--which I kind of like). I would not have wanted to be much closer to the stage because of the height. But I was close enough to hear Edge's amps over the PA speakers above. I love that.

This was an excellent show, as always (I've seen them 1-2 times on each tour since War). I'm still settling into the new album (for me it takes a while of living with it before the songs take hold in me), and some of the new material didn't seem to have the legs I've come to expect of U2 songs (kind of like some of the songs on Popmart, which was overall a terrific album, but had some songs that just never spoke to me).

On the other hand, Magnificent was a great opener and while I'm a little lukewarm on the studio version of "Crazy" it was nice to see Edge jumping around--he really got charged up on that number.

This was the first show since the War tour where didn't play "Pride"--interesting omission.

Bono's voice was strong and everybody played really well, I thought. I always like second shows in a city because I get the sense the band is more relaxed and rested not travelling that day. They seemed like they were putting their all into it and enjoying the crowd.

I was a little surprised they didn't use the outer circle more, but I suppose you don't want to overdo it.

Overall a very strong show.

Is it just me, or is pulling a woman on stage every night getting a little tired? I appreciate it's a thrill for the lady, and I know it's a gesture on Bono's part of bridging the gap between them and us, but I think he could come up with new and better ways of doing that. Pulling someone up every once in a while, great, but every single night for the third tour in a row?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #14
The Fly

Local Time: 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddy View Post

Is it just me, or is pulling a woman on stage every night getting a little tired? I appreciate it's a thrill for the lady, and I know it's a gesture on Bono's part of bridging the gap between them and us, but I think he could come up with new and better ways of doing that. Pulling someone up every once in a while, great, but every single night for the third tour in a row?

that's funny--bono pulled a kid up to the stage on 9/20 and I thought, oh, maybe he's not bringing a woman up , doing the dancing, hugging, etc. this tour
Old 09-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

I'll post my full review later, but please don't bash Melissa. She is one of the nicest people I have ever met and we all should be happy for her.