September 20, 2009 - Gilette Stadium Foxboro - Massachusetts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had an awesome time at both concerts in boston worth the money coming from New Zealand!!!
But whats with the vip special gift being a tiolet bag!!!! could have at least had something in it!!! Paid $565 ($1000NZ)for ticket, pre concert drink, cold buffet:crack:, and good seats. Not happy about the tiolet bag!!!
Wont be doing the vip thing when they come to NZ was expecting so much more!!!

Someone I know who did VIP at a different show said the seats were good but the experience wasn't worth the money. You definitely should have gotten a better gift for that price. I think Red Zone would have been better.

red zone

Am going to try and get red zone tickets in NZ and aussie. Not sure how they are going to do it here as in europe you can buy them (for 252 euros) but i think in the states they were auctioned and i just wanted to get tickets!!!

I dunno if I'd ever wanna be that close to the stage. It looks way to high to see much. If I was ever in the pit, I'd aim for the back rail along the catwalk

SMB

That's EXACTLY where I was (dead center - aligned with Larry's drums) for both the 9/20 Boston show and the 9/23 New York show!

;)

If anyone else got a survey email from Gillette Stadium, please take it. It's market research about whether or not they should have U2 play there again. One of the questions: "Would you purchase tickets if U2 returned to Gillette Stadium in July 2010?" Gillette may be our only chance in this area since there aren't really any other sizable stadiums around.

I haven't gotten the survey yet and I'm really not sure if I want to go back to Gillette. While the stadium and Patriot Place were great, the traffic leaving was such a nightmare. Two hours to go 5 miles??? I don't know if I want to do that again!

If anyone else got a survey email from Gillette Stadium, please take it. It's market research about whether or not they should have U2 play there again. One of the questions: "Would you purchase tickets if U2 returned to Gillette Stadium in July 2010?" Gillette may be our only chance in this area since there aren't really any other sizable stadiums around.

I got the survey and I answered it honestly. I don't think any survey will determine whether or not the Krafts bring U2 back there-as long as it's a money maker for them they will and they will always be able to get enough people to go and make a nice profit just off parking and concessions. If they honestly cared about how good anyone's experience is they would make an effort to remedy the issues there. The survey just makes it appear as if they care-good PR.

I didn't get home until after 3AM and I live a little over an hour away (with low to reasonable traffic). So I said I would go again if they made a serious attempt to do something about that.

I got the survey and I answered it honestly. I don't think any survey will determine whether or not the Krafts bring U2 back there-as long as it's a money maker for them they will and they will always be able to get enough people to go and make a nice profit just off parking and concessions. If they honestly cared about how good anyone's experience is they would make an effort to remedy the issues there. The survey just makes it appear as if they care-good PR.

I didn't get home until after 3AM and I live a little over an hour away (with low to reasonable traffic). So I said I would go again if they made a serious attempt to do something about that.

I got the survey!! I told them i wouldnt go back!!! I said they needed to sort something out about the traffic and put on a train or buses for people
I would go back if someone paid me to fly from New Zealand !!!

I got the survey. I also said the traffic situation was ridiculous and would only consider going back because it was U2 and because maybe the memory of leaving the stadium would have dulled by next year. :wink:

I was staying withing 4 miles of the stadium and didn't get back until 3AM the second night. Was lucky to get back at 1:30 the first night because I was forced out the exit that actually had me going in the right direction and I could turn off that main street almost immediately.

Nelle,

Cool.
On your night Jesse was close to you right at center mic on the rail. I hung back on the outter rail slightly on Edge's side.

Bono did call out to Jesse and thanked him for coming to the show towards the end during Ultra Violet.

Jesse went nuts-good stuff.

The next night we were center mic up front together.

Good times.

<>

PS:

This is the vid on youtube we chatted about:

YouTube - U2 Memories, friends and family..
Amazing video! I tried but couldn't find it before. Glad you posted it.

On the 20th, it took us 2 hours to drive from Gillette to Norwood, which is about 7 miles. On the 21st, we hung out til around 1:30 to wait for my mom, who didn't want to be stuck in traffic. Still took us an hour.

Would I go again? Yes. I'd be heartbroken to miss U2 playing 10 miles from
me.

On the 20th, it took us 2 hours to drive from Gillette to Norwood, which is about 7 miles. On the 21st, we hung out til around 1:30 to wait for my mom, who didn't want to be stuck in traffic. Still took us an hour.

Would I go again? Yes. I'd be heartbroken to miss U2 playing 10 miles from
me.

Agreed. As I posted somewhere else, I don't believe U2 will play anywhere else in New England next year other than Foxboro - if at all. So given the choice between seeing them in Foxboro and not seeing them at all, I'll choose Foxboro.

And here's a traffic tip if you come in from the south: DO NOT park in the stadium lots. Park in one of the private lots on the LEFT hand side of Route 1. I parked in the Enterprise Rent-a-Car lot (no blocking, easy right turn to get out), paid $40-50 (comparable to Gillette), and was on 495 headed home within an hour of MOS. The walk to the lot was a bit of a hike (probably 20 minutes), but better than sitting in the car for 2+ hours going nowhere.

WHERE IS BOSTON/GILLETTE ON THE US 2010 TOUR!!!????? :rant::rant::rant:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN NEW ENGLAND??? THEY BETTER ADD A DATE LATER....

I SINCERELY hope that it wasn't those people complaining about the traffic in those surveys that made them decide not to have another show....no offense, I know traffic sucks, but there's nothing you can do about it, and in my opinion its still totally worth it- as opposed to not having a show in new england AT ALL??? I think I'm gonna go cry now...:sad:

(they can't add a date before NY, not enough days, so the only option is adding after? Would they do that, even though they said that U2 is ending at Meadowlands??)

There are plenty of other places that are not getting shows as announced so far, and that has nothing to do with surveys and traffic complaints. So I wouldn't be so sure that the survey had anything to do with it- I highly doubt it. I wouldn't want to go through it again or pay a fortune to stay in that hotel there. I've seen U2 enough and sorry but I don't think I should have to lie about my terrible experience so that other people can see them more (even though like I said, I think it's a real stretch to think that a Kraft survey determines U2 tour plans..or any comments by the Boston Globe or any other media entity).

I couldn't go to a private lot because I went with someone who has a health problem and a handicapped placard. She can't walk that distance.

WHERE IS BOSTON/GILLETTE ON THE US 2010 TOUR!!!????? :rant::rant::rant:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN NEW ENGLAND??? THEY BETTER ADD A DATE LATER....

I SINCERELY hope that it wasn't those people complaining about the traffic in those surveys that made them decide not to have another show....no offense, I know traffic sucks, but there's nothing you can do about it, and in my opinion its still totally worth it- as opposed to not having a show in new england AT ALL??? I think I'm gonna go cry now...:sad:

(they can't add a date before NY, not enough days, so the only option is adding after? Would they do that, even though they said that U2 is ending at Meadowlands??)

1) U2 will be playing Fenway...but you didnt hear it from me

2) Does anyone have pictures from Walk On on 9/21. I was on stage but I still havent been able to track down any good pics

There is no time for them to play Fenway. With the three claws being used in PHL, MTL and NJ, they couldn't dismantle one and rebuild in time. Just wouldn't work. I also got a buddy at Fenway and he says rumors of this are untrue :(

SMB

Also, the annual Fenway shows are two nights and they'd have to play two nights where the venue is really small. It would not fit between Philly and Montreal and there is no room after Jersey for them to fit the two and a half week window to ship the three Claws

SMB

There is no room in the tour schedule period for it to work unless it is after East Rutherford or before Anaheim or Mexico City. I think u2.com stated that the leg was going to end in East Rutherford.

Lots of people would be upset if they added a show after NJ cause a lot of people got tix to see the last show in the United States

SMB

From U2.com, the day the dates were announced 10/25/09

The tour will touch down next summer in Anaheim; Denver; Oakland; Seattle; Edmonton; East Lansing; Miami; Philadelphia and Montreal. U2 360° will also return for one night only in Toronto and Chicago before finishing the North American leg in New York at the New Meadowlands Stadium. On U2 360° the band currently play 22 live tracks, the first time fans have heard tracks from No Line On the Horizon, one of the best selling albums globally this year..

I dont believe this either and agree that there isnt much time in the schedule for this. However, I was just thinking...why does everyone assume there will be a Claw if they were to do Fenway? What IF they weren't planning on using it...and just performing a concert in a more stripped down manner (which Fenway calls for anyway)? Dunno.... I can see them doing a sort of impromtu style concert at Fenway minus the Claw... Dont get me wrong, Im not saying the likelihood of this happening is high.

Right now Fenway Park is livid. Hope the Bruins pull off a win. And they wouldn;t do a full length non-claw show during the tour

SMB

I dont believe this either and agree that there isnt much time in the schedule for this. However, I was just thinking...why does everyone assume there will be a Claw if they were to do Fenway? What IF they weren't planning on using it...and just performing a concert in a more stripped down manner (which Fenway calls for anyway)? Dunno.... I can see them doing a sort of impromtu style concert at Fenway minus the Claw... Dont get me wrong, Im not saying the likelihood of this happening is high.

"U2" and "impromptu" - two words that are mutually exclusive.

Face it, U2 won't play New England again until their next tour, probably no sooner than 2013.

Back
Top Bottom