September 13 - Chicago Soldier Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool shot of the claw trying to find our seats
u2039.jpg

Do you see that teeny person in on the rail of the light tower enclosure in a striped hoodie? That would be me. :wink:

I'm the only one standing there at that moment - everyone else was sitting down ... and that may have been when joyfulgirl went off in search of food, since I don't see her next to me.

Can we all go back to Chicago and do the concerts again? I don't think I can wait until Vegas.

:(

Plus, I want another chance to meet the people I didn't get to meet!
i know! i wish i'd been able to meet more of you peeps. since me coming in the first place was so last minute, i never really had a chance to find out more about meetups or get people's numbers so we could meet inside the stadium.

oh well, there's always other shows. :)

Was the atmosphere at the Chicago shows as bad as it looked on the YouTube videos?

yeah. it's quite clear, after having been to chicago the city couldn't create atmosphere with 65,000 oxygen tanks.

They explained to me that they don't let you keep the cap because an empty water bottle without a cap does not fly as far/fast/hard as one with a cap if thrown.

I suppose that makes sense.

i'd have needed a great arm to get a water bottle to carry anywhere near the stage from the back of the 400 level.

I would like to know if the second Chicago show( 9/13) was a complete sellout of 65,000.
Thanks.

quite a few empty seats at the top of the highest tier, unless they were being released in bits and pieces it wasn't an official sellout.

i think the water bottle cap ban is a bit ridiculous. i hadn't ever really experienced it as i usually see people in much smaller venues where no such ban is put in place; it's been over two years since i've even seen anyone in an arena. i know musicians on stage have been hit with water bottles, but banning people from having bottle caps just seems a bit of an overreaction to me.

Do you see that teeny person in on the rail of the light tower enclosure in a striped hoodie? That would be me. :wink:

I'm the only one standing there at that moment - everyone else was sitting down ... and that may have been when joyfulgirl went off in search of food, since I don't see her next to me.

"where's alicia?" just doesn't have the same ring to it as "where's waldo?"

:D

-dan

love that panoramic shot!

can we make sure this thread never dies out?

-dan

I was in club seats the 2nd night. I didn't realize that until I got there, but the club area is very nice. The only downside was that a lot of the people sat down for the songs they didn't know, but they didn't complain when other people stood up, so it worked out okay. Mellow but nice crowd. There was a pregnant woman next to me and her husband took a picture of her stomach because it was the "baby's first concert" and their first baby. I remember the husband was super excited to hear Ultaviolet.

I loved it when Bono took off running during UTEOTW. Great moment :).

I remember the husband was super excited to hear Ultaviolet.

The woman next to me was at her first U2 show. She kept asking me "Will they play WOWY? When do they play WOWY?" So of course Ultraviolet starts up, and she runs off to the bathroom, and I'm like WAIT!!! She made it back just in time for WOWY. :lucky:

But skipping Ultraviolet--:tsk:

Mark

I posted my audio and video at U2T if anyone was interested...

Thanks Chris!

I've been dragging my feet getting over to U2T because, like you said, I don't want to be one of those "OMG!!! ONOZ!!! Where's the show!!!" people who need the recording before the parking lot is empty.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom