September 12, 2010 - Letzgrund Stadium - Zurich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I'll post here my 2 shows in Zurich.
First of all, let me say that both shows were far superior than Wembley 1 last year. Better setlist, better crowd (surprisingly), better U2 by far, more relaxed, laughing, joking around, more energy as well.
We arrived around 4:10 at the gate (door opened at 4:30), quite late I know, but I was with my sister and her husband, who used to be fans until 93 and then thought U2 had died and was crap... Well, I had to almost carry them with me in order for them to go to the concert, so I couldn't ask them to queue for 4 hours at the gate.... Yeah I was a bit scared of not being able to go to the front pit, but knowing the swiss (and being one myself), I knew that even arriving 20 minutes before we could have a big chance to make it to the pit. And yes, we did it very easily without even running like crazy in the stadium :lol:
We got our stamp on the neck and got out drink some beers for 4 hours :D
10 minutes before U2 came on stage, we went to Adam's side, between Bono and Adam actually, close to the catwalk. Great place to be. For Wembley we were on Edge's side and let me tell you that a lot more is happening on Adam's side! Adam moves more than Edge, Bono comes a lot more on this side as well...
Anyway, Stringray started, lights all on, great opening (I know some dislike it a lot), great way to say hello to the crowd. This little piece of instrumental song is just uncredible, I really love it. 1st surprise then with Magnificent being on the 2nd spot. Lights all off now, concert can start! People went nuts when Bono came closer to us during Magnificent, 1 meter away from us....:drool:
Then the usual songs (but in a different order), however, they dropped the early 80's song that night :sad:
Until the end of the world was great, but even greater the second night! At the beginning of the song, my brother in law told me this show was unbelievable and felt sorry for him for the last 17 years ignoring the band... I nodded :wink:
First big surprise was Every breaking wave, great song. Bono called it a "demo" at this stage I think. Streets was one of the best moment, this song is just timeless, will never fade, will never change, it's a masterpiece forever.
HMTMKMKM was for me the best thing that could happen that night. It still has the power and freshness it had in 95-97. WOWY is a lot better this tour than last year or previous tours. Seemed like if Bono found some kind of reason to sing it again properly, great to hear that! Moment of Surrender is as always for me a great closer, everybody was singing and Bono is again singing a bit more like the album version (power is back). All in all, a great great show, a few surprises and some great moments like Bono asking the 3 other guys what they were feeling/thinking about Switzerland....First time I see that, he asked Adam, then went on the drums to ask Larry, then Edge. Of course Adam and Larry are not easy to understand for most of the non-english speaker (they tend to have a bit of an irish accent:lol:). Here's some pictures of that show:

me and my beers :D

Welcome to Facebook

Welcome to Facebook

Welcome to Facebook

me smoking, my brother-in-law happy!

Welcome to Facebook

me and my girlfriend

Welcome to Facebook

Welcome to Facebook

Welcome to Facebook

Back
Top Bottom