September 12, 2009 - Soldier Field Chicago - Illinois - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 08:50 PM
HOW was the GA line up for Chicago

* Post your experiences, pics and reviews for this show here*

How was the GA line up for Chicago. I ask becasue i have a freind who reached at 5:15 pm and he claims he just walked into the gate and walked into the inner circle. He also claims that there were guys who had quened up since 7 am who were behind him. What gives???

Old 09-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
The Fly

Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymbcastard View Post
How was the GA line up for Chicago. I ask becasue i have a freind who reached at 5:15 pm and he claims he just walked into the gate and walked into the inner circle. He also claims that there were guys who had quened up since 7 am who were behind him. What gives???
They were giving out the inner circle wristbands until at least 7PM. But by then you would likely be well towards the rear of the stage and just as happy on the outside.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:38 AM   #3
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:50 PM
September 12, 2009 - Soldier Field Chicago - Illinois

Please post your pictures, experiences and reviews of this show here.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
War Child

Interesting, i hope this is how it is in all US and Canda venues. I will not have to que in the AM
Old 09-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
War Child

lazy arent they...
on anthoer note what was the GA like. I hear that you could get into the inner circle at the sides as late as 5:30pm. So it was kind apointless to queue up at 6 am. Is this going to be the standard across all of North America.
Also heard that tthe sound board is a nice place to stand at casue you get the whole claw experince.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Interesting, i hope this is how it is in all US and Canda venues. I will not have to que in the AM
But I think this is due more to the merging of the lines at a certain hour (I think, someone can confirm this) because they were quite disorganized.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #7
War Child

For Canada the GA tickets already have different entrances marked on them so we will never know which is the actual entrance, can u see the disaster happening
Old 09-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #8
Babyface

Local Time: 06:50 PM
I dont think Soldier Field handled the whole GA thing very well...but security that handled the line during the day was very nice. What I am referring to is our admittance onto the field...it was one big cluster f...
But the band rocked ♫ so it kinda made up for it ☺
Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
For Canada the GA tickets already have different entrances marked on them so we will never know which is the actual entrance, can u see the disaster happening
Who knows, that might make it even more orderly if two lines are entering simultaneously from opposite ends of the stadium.

I'll walk down there on my lunchbreak tomorrow and see if I can get any information on the process. Will report back tomorrow
Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #10
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by natg3 View Post
I dont think Soldier Field handled the whole GA thing very well...but security that handled the line during the day was very nice. What I am referring to is our admittance onto the field...it was one big cluster f...
But the band rocked ♫ so it kinda made up for it ☺
Could you detail what happned in GA line. how many lines, when did door open where you were standing for the show etc
Old 09-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
Babyface

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Could you detail what happned in GA line. how many lines, when did door open where you were standing for the show etc
yeah we arrived @ Soldier field around 2:30 sat morn couldnt find a line or anything so we pulled off property and snoozed in the car. Around 5 we moved over to the grounds and saw people walking so I dropped off my friend and went to park the car ($45) because I wanted it to be close enough to take all our crap back to it. Then they had a couple of lines going and right around 6 the tried to merge all of us didn't matter if you had wristbands or #'s but if you got there much later you would be in the sun all day. We were under the tunnel at gate 0 and were in the shade all day. Then around 2 people began taking their stuff to the car and @ 3 they gave official annoucement that there would be no leaving and re-entering the line after 4pm. Once everyones stuff was gone everyone crowded up towards the front then probably about 4:20-4:30? then put down the rope and everyone ran to the gate then filed in single file. Once in we ran but they didn't let everyone in at first probably 100-150? OMG. Then we were stopped at a gate b/c they were not ready for us on the field and told us we need wrist band to enter the field so we waited. Then all of the sudden a second group of people came running at us and they already had wristbands So then we were in a panic because they could already get to the field...it ended up working out for me though...outside of the fact they just handed me my wristband and it fell off and I nearly lost it! I would say we got to the field around 5ish? Once I was in there I kinda forgot about the mess though. Sorry if I got to wordy for you...still tired from yesterdays festivities btw- we were on Adams side right at the rail...my friend and I both commeneted though we thought they would be on the rail a little more than they were...but I guess thats what you get when its 360º
Old 09-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #12
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Not sure when I am going to get a chance to write today, but I am pretty much in awe.

As much as I feared to admit it, I really had my doubts about how to make this stadium thing work. I doubt no more.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
War Child

walk down did you say, thats nice, i would love to see the trucks unload into the stadium and the set go up
Old 09-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #14
The Fly

Local Time: 07:50 PM
I thought I'd post in here as well, since Sicy psssst at us.

I hurt everywhere. I do have positives to speak of, which I can detail later, but I just want to warn the GA goers. Just like those who have posted before me, the GA inner circle was not cool. The view of the band from 1 person off of the back rail was great. Not much of a full screen view, but that was ok. What was not ok was the fact that there were WAY TOO MANY people in the inner circle. I don't know if it was the same in Europe, but it was uncomfortable and definitely not safe in case of emergency. Also, no thanks to the constant stream of vendors with their HUGE trays coming through the already too tight crowd every 2 minutes. We had 3 beer guys standing next to each other at one time! If you want to get in the inner circle and plan to leave it, only leave once and do it before Snow Patrol is over! Although, I don't recommend missing any of Snow Patrol! Again, there are positives, which I will post later. Understand that I am not a rookie in this department. Since the Elevation Tour, I have been in GA 12 times total, in the heart once, and in the ellipse 4 times and this was nothing like those times. It was more like being 3 off the outer rail on the Vertigo DVD filming night with the crowd smashing towards the front as much as possible and with every "winner" imaginable pushing through to "Get on the DVD!" Now that you know, you can make your own decision. Have fun! My positives will be forthcoming.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
The Fly

Local Time: 07:50 PM
One more tip for those who do go in the inner circle. DO NOT attempt to jump up, hang on to the bridges, and go for a ride as they're moving to their next location. You will be removed immediately. Seriously, I saw this happen. Why it was a good idea to someone, I don't know.