(RED)Nights at Carnegie Hall - Gavin Friday and Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jen McColley

Babyface
Hello

For anyone at the show you know it was amazing! I was front row and had te best time.

Before the show, however, there was a meeting with Bono - he signed my "Peter and the Wolf" book, shook mine and my husbands hands and shook other people's hands as well. So wonderful! Here is a link to the video. I will post photos to Flikr and then post that link later.

Anyone else who has photos from the meeting or from the show please add your stuff!

YouTube - U2 REDNights & More 011http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ns_JWBqtY4

Last edited:
Gavin Friday

Incredible show - sat right in front of Dennis Hopper. Tons of celebs and models backstage.

Got to meet Bono, Edge & Adam, as well a bunch of the other performers afterwards.

Sorry for the shaky video in the beginning

The Jean Genie".

Can someone tell me what Rufus Wainwright sang? Pretty please?

Rufus sang Mr. Pussy with Gavin and Scarlett Johansson. He then sang another song with just himself and Gavin, I don't know the name of it.

Rufus sang Mr. Pussy with Gavin and Scarlett Johansson. He then sang another song with just himself and Gavin, I don't know the name of it.

Oh my ovaries! Thank you for that!

Damn, I'm really kickin' myself for not going but I'm so glad we have folks to report back to us! :hug:

I liked how at the end when Rufus sandg his last "Pussy" he said something like, "Yea..not very convincing" lol.

Martha Wainwright was great, too. And Antony. Amazing voices. Loved Joel Grey as well. Such an eclectic mix of performers. I could have done without GaGa as she really had nothing to add as far as Gavin, but I think her presence meant something to Bono as far as reinforcing the (Red) concept with a major major current pop star.

Martha Wainwright was great, too. And Antony. Amazing voices. Loved Joel Grey as well. Such an eclectic mix of performers. I could have done without GaGa as she really had nothing to add as far as Gavin, but I think her presence meant something to Bono as far as reinforcing the (Red) concept with a major major current pop star.

Her lyrics that she improvised for the night were pretty funny

Agreed

Lady Gaga added some humor, which was good. And it was nice to see her anyway. Courtney Love I could have done without.

What was REALLY great was the lack of onstate "persona" and that they are all friends just having a good time - and we all got to share in it. Very, very cool . . .

Gavin Friday Concert

Realy intressting setlist, is there anyone here from the forum who was there, anyone know if it was recorded by anyone?

1.Children Of The Revolution
2.I Want To Live
3.King Of Trash
4.Another Blow On The Bruise
5.The Last Song I'll Ever Sing
6.Sweet Jane
7.The Jean Genie

looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I wish NY was on the better of the two coasts :wink:

Went with Kassandra and Blm. We had great seats, and had a blast. Bono's voice was amazing. Good fun!

Pix

one4u2 - the pics are great! did they sign anything or stop after the show?

If you see any more threads will you let us know on this one?

SMB - hey there! I've always been sort of a lurker, but now I'm here officially. I got that Bono and Edge autograph last night. And I met Ali and took a picture with her. IF I can figure out how to post a pic I will.

8833_1149623180540_1226400062_30404119_1289765_n.jpg

one4u2 - the pics are great! did they sign anything or stop after the show?

If you see any more threads will you let us know on this one?

SMB - hey there! I've always been sort of a lurker, but now I'm here officially. I got that Bono and Edge autograph last night. And I met Ali and took a picture with her. IF I can figure out how to post a pic I will.

They didn't sign or stop. There was some many people there and not enough police. I posted my pics in pleba

Back
Top Bottom