Press In Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Batfink27

Acrobat
What have they been saying about the opening night? Whats the press in the US been saying?

I disagree with the comments in the second review. On opening night, U2 members did not traverse the stage and ramps as much as they could and only a few scant numbers from their 90's catalog appeared.

However, on the second night we heard quite a few different songs, including "Stay" and "Until the End of the World". This made three songs from AB, three songs from JT, three songs from TUF and one from "Zooropa". Add in SBS from "War" and it's a pretty good selection and mix from their catalog. Plus, U2 continue to perform seven songs (out of 11) from their new album, which is impressive. After all, the tour is about the new - the old is for the fans.

Also on the second night, U2 utilized the ramps and stage far more often. I have four video clips - one of each member (taken with my iPhone, so the quality is just good enough as a keepsake for me) walking right by me. U2 often played to the band "behind" them (and Larry's drums rotated as well). So while opening night nerves may have kept U2 more reserved, the second night U2 let loose and truly utilized the stage more. While most of it did face one way, the fact is that at least 75% of the audience also faces back at U2. So it's only logical that U2 face the bulk of their audience as much as they can.

Good or bad reviews, I was impressed. Critics and music are silly - music is too subjective. The roar of the audience at the end of Sunday's show told one us all what we needed to hear - the fans in Chicago loved U2 and loved that show. And if a critic missed that, then he/she missed out on what it means to attend a U2 show.

Good or bad reviews, I was impressed. Critics and music are silly - music is too subjective. The roar of the audience at the end of Sunday's show told one us all what we needed to hear - the fans in Chicago loved U2 and loved that show. And if a critic missed that, then he/she missed out on what it means to attend a U2 show.

:up:

The roar was quite loud Sunday night!

Back
Top Bottom