October 9, 2009 - U2 Concert - Raymond James Center Tampa - FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No we weren't far from each other at all :). Tried to catch your attention but you were looking in another direction lol.

Awwww you were standing next to Taylor! Talked to him in the tunnel he was such a sweetheart :cute:. He had asked where the best place to stand would be. Glad he went with outer rail had told him that it would be the best place to stand. Seeing the look on my sister's face when the guy's played in front of her was priceless! Will always remember that moment.

Yes it was Taylor! He's indeed a sweetheart. He was a good fan of Muse also. I think he was very happy with his spot, your advise worked well for him.
After being first row in the pit under the Edge, now I prefer the outside rail. You don't miss anything of the show.

I think you got them all 4 during crazy. I can easily imagine the look of your sister! :lol:

eltimbomofo...............Your Video Footage came out reallt Great, anyway that I can trade you for a copy of it? I was at the show & it was Great!!!! Here is my E-mail jrq401@aol.com

Went to the Tampa show after seeing such a great show in Raleigh. Wasn't much of a U2 fan before but I'm really addicted now. I went mainly for Muse and because my sister has loved U2 her whole life. We seen them on the popmart tour and I remember loving the show.
My 18 year old niece is already talking about seeing U2 on their next tour.

I put my pictures on flickr
U2 360 Tour - Tampa,FL - a set on Flickr
Most are of Adam but he was really the only one I could see not that I'm complaining. :drool:
and have some not so great videos on youtube. I hope I labeled the songs right.
YouTube - curehalo's Channel

Welcome to the zoo that is us Interferencers! I'm actually becoming a fan of Muse after having seen them in Tampa. Your pictures are AMAZING, and being the Adam girl I am, I snagged a bunch of them for my collection. Especially that lovely one where the camera light is shining right between his legs! :lmao:Talk about the promised land!!

You are a brave soul for doing GA...my hubby and I couldn't afford the jacked up prices on eBay, having missed out on GA when they went on sale, and ended up in the nosebleeds, but it was an amazing night and seeing them play MW was worth the hours on end in the heat!

Wife and i are planning to move from Florida ASAP. This hot humid constant weather sucks. :doh:

Moved here 4 years ago from Indiana ... and I wouldn't trade it for the wind/sleet/ice/snow and gray, gray skies for months on end. I think we're golden this weekend until probably May. :lol:

I don't mean to bring up bad moments BUT was anyone on here at Tampa on the Adam side of the stage about 6 people back? There was this group of about 6 Spanish speaking fans who were very ignorant to the rest of the crowd. I was in a group of about 20 folks who were trying to enjoy the show and that group was trying to overtake the inner circle like they owned it - bumping into fans, elbowing, giving dirty looks, it was sad from a fan's perspective. There was a guy in front of me who's wife was getting knocked around and when she moved to the other side of him, those other fans got belligerent. They hit people, bumped, moved around like the inner circle was their domain.

The only reason I bring it up is that they seemed to be foreign to the venue and probably are traveling and may bump into other fans along the tour. I guess what I'm trying to say is look out for so called fans who are destroying the harmony of U2 fandom. I'm hoping it was a fluke and they only went to Tampa but it was a sad example of some fans that go to shows.

I hear you, I was there at 1 pm. I wouldn't necessarily blame the fans on some points, I noticed the security (or whatever you call them) were pretty lax and letting later fans in who I never noticed until 4.

i didnt like the people who tried to cut in line throughout the day...we DID NOT like them at all

BTW, you sound very angry - did you have a personal experience? My experience is that U2 fans are the coolest people I ever met. Both through Interference and @U2 everyone has been very amicable. However, I didn't like what I saw in the pit at Tampa, there was definitely some hostility among "fans" and that did not seem right (considering I've been to 30+ shows and never experienced that before). I hope it doesn't happen again and can't wait until they tour the Southeast again!!!!

i didnt like the people who tried to cut in line throughout the day...we DID NOT like them at all

Lucky for us we had some really cool fans around who weren't going to let them cut in front of anybody :up:

The thing that pissed me off the most was once we were on the field inside the stadium. Just as the show started a guy and his wife pushed their way up behind me in a wheelchair. They expected me to move from my rail spot and let them stand where I was. When I made it clear I wasn't moving they asked security if there was a special area for disabled people. Guess they thought they would get their way by doing this. Security told them of the location to the back of the floor. Guy in wheelchair very rudely stated he was not going to sit back there. Was informed then that he would be treated just like everyone else around our area. For the rest of the night I had the metal footrest of the wheelchair jab me into the back of my leg. My sister had this happen to her later on. A couple of guys that were originally standing behind us also encountered rude behavior from this couple too. Never once we did we receive an apology but instead were given dirty looks. No excuse for this kind of behavior.

I thought the concert was amazing (It was my first U2 concert). Me and my Mom (Im 13) had some troubles with traffic getting there but got there in time to hear NYD being soundchecked.

Back
Top Bottom