October 6, 2009, Georgia Dome, Atlanta GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought the show was amazing....I have been absent from this site for quite a while and not reading anything about the tour, setlists, etc. I loved the setlist. Bono was fired up last night and seemed way more energetic to me than when I saw them in ATL for the Vertigo tour. I thought the Vertigo ATL show was great, but was completely blown away last night. The sound was much improved over when I saw them at the Dome for Popmart. I thought the crowd was great and was happy to see such a massive turnout for the boys in ATL. Was completely surprised at Crazy Tonight.....wow, I loved that!!! what remix version is that? I want to download it. Loved the return of Unforgettable Fire, always a blast hearing Until the End of the World, City of Blinding Lights is verified stadium anthem now, glad they brought back Elevation tour-style Elevation, perfect ending to the show with Moment of Surrender....very heavy section with SBS, Walk On, One, Streets (can't remember the order) but thought this section was very effective and sold the ideas and points better than on Vertigo tour.
There is nothing like the U2 experience! Got to share a special night with my wife and other people who are very special to me (and that includes U2).
Praying for new album before Christmas and more American dates in 2010. We WILL be there!!

I had quite possibly the best time ever last night at this concert. I was hot as hell and have never danced and jumped around as much as I did last night. My place in the inner circle was perfect and so were the people around me. I do have my minor complaints but over all it was a great experience and something that I will treasure in my memory forever. :) :heart:

It was the best of the 3 I've seen on this tour so far! The band seemed to be in good spirits too and the crowd was awesome.

Hi Velvet Dress! :wave: It was nice meeting you, and thanks again for the ride!

We enjoyed the show and had a great time. My girlfriend said that she didn't think the "pit" was worth it. We were in the pit at the very back towards the railing on Adam's side. We agreed that it would have been a little better if we would have gotten closer to the actual stage.

They spend most of the time there. Overall it was a great experience. Did anyone else notice a slight voice effect on Bono's vocals though? It sounded like he had a little helium or something. I noticed when he first started singing.

I do prefer the smaller venues to stadiums now that I've had the chance to be at both.

The way I go into U2 shows is I always hope I'll have some new experience while I'm there, like hearing a song I've never heard live before, so this was a good show for me. I was just so happy to hear The Unforgettable Fire. I was worried they'd lose that one before they got here. My only complaint is that I couldn't see much of Bono from my place in the inner circle as he was singing it on the outer circle but being so close for the rest of the show makes up for it, I guess. Another first for me was being sprayed with Bono Backwash during Until the End of the World when he emptied his water bottle on the crowd. Speaking of UTEOTW, I have to say that I've seen that song at every U2 show I've ever been to and it's one song that I don't think I'll ever get sick of. I love, love, love it!

The only thing I wish were different was I wish the beer venders who kept pushing their way around the inner circle had been selling water. They could have made a killing if they had just put a couple of water bottles in there with the beer!

Show and crowd last night were awesome! I
met some great people from Tennessee
and Virginia in the queue, and the lining up
procedure and security at the Dome were
one of the best I have ever encountered
at any concert.

Got into the inner GA circle area & took a place
on the back rail on Adam's side. Saw sdunn & her
family from a distance in their seats :hug: I really like Muse,
and knew they are a bit harder then U2. As a result,
I'm not sure the crowd knew what to make of them.
I really wanted to hear Knights of Cydonia, and,
although it wasn't played, I think the set was good.
They put on a great & fantastically loud warm-up show.

I cheered for Dallas when he walked past me during
the set up and he flashed me a huge smile. :cute:
The guys were in fine form last night. Loved hearing
MW & UTEOTW again; missed YBR. I screamed my
head off for Adam during the Crazy Remix, he
stopped right by us, looked right at me, and I blew
him a kiss. He smiled and winked at me. :faint:

The crowd had an amazing energy during U2's set.
Everyone - the band and the crowd - seemed to be
having a great time. Overall, I had a wonderful time
and cannot wait to go to more shows next year.

We wnjoyed our experience, as always. For Elevation, we were front row in front of the Edge; Vertigo, outer inner circle against rail on Adam's side, and last night, inner inner circle against rail on Adam's side, all fo these in ATL. We got in line at 8:00 AM and were right around #200. Our friends had never been to a U2 concert and enjoyed everything as well. Having the concert at Phillips or the GA Dome works great for the General Admission experience because of plenty of facility parking (since we get tehre early in the day) and the CNN Center food court. This time, they also had concession booths w/ Papa John's, beer, water, etc. and had the "Ask Me" information people up in the lifeguard-type chairs which I had previously only seen for all-day events like the SEC Championship Game/Fanfare or b-ball tourney. They even had one devoted to the general admission line who went over to the guys grilling burgers on the camp stove, and he made up a song about how the rest of us suddenly wanted to be friends with those guys since they had the burgers, the grills, the ketchup, the chips, etc. The guys in front of us returned with doughnuts for all of their neighbors, the guys behind us were from our neighboring suburbs, and everyone was great to be around. Inside the inner circle, my wife and I realized that we were next to the same group of people we'd been next to for the 2005 Vertigo show at Phillips.

As for the show, I thought it was a good show, but maybe not as good as Vertigo; there was something about that one opening with COBL and the confetti rain, hearing "40," and, to me, what seemed like more interaction on the ring which we were up against. I'll observe, like Stryker395 alluded, that Bono's voice seemed a bit raspy. Another friend of mine who'd been to Vertigo '05 also asked if he were singing in a higher pitch. But that aside, it was still a great concert; I loved hearing "The Unforgettable Fire," "Magnificent," "Amazing Grace" and "Moment of Surrender." I like the previous "Hallelujah" versions of "Walk On" better, and I think the lyrics and melody of "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" are too beautiful and are unfortunately overlooked in the live remix version, but it seems that most people like it, so it should probably stay.

I'm already looking forward to a return trip and G.A. experience if/when they tour after SoA...

~U2Alabama

I had the best time ever :hyper:. Went with another member from here mskitkat and my youngest son who turn 14. We met up with 3 member's from another U2 website. We were near the front of the line. Met some awesome U2 fans that were having a good ol time. We ended up inside the circle against the railing on Edge's side. The bridge moved and stopped right above us when my favorite (UTEOTW) came on, I do believe I lost my mind. I was jumping and singing my head off. And when it came for Edge's solo he had stopped right above me and through the holes of the ramp I could see Edge's eyes looking down while he was playing and I stood there staring at him in awe:drool: What a Amazing night! Got my toes stepped on a couple times but it was no biggie. Everyone there was having great time. Luv U2 and the fans are the best people you could ever meet. Hope I'll get to do this again, soon :)
p.s. my son said he had a awesome time and he was so glad he got to see them!
@U2dork, I was dying for some water too.
@Stryker395 I noticed the voice thing too. I thought it was just me, Muse was so loud my ears were ringing. They were great but too loud. Plus I saw some of vids on Youtube of U2 and his voice sounded great on them.

Great show, wish we had one more song though, was expecting Pride and I wasn's sure why there were 22 instead of the normal 23. Atleast w egot UTEOTW which we didn't get in Raleigh. To me was a better crowd than what was in Raleigh and it was nice to sit in the lower deck with a back to a seat instead of metal benches at NC State. Crazy is one of the major highlights and Vertigo and Elevation bring the house down until you thought it couldn't get any better and then WTSHNN starts, WOW!!! I'm very said now bc those were probably my last 2 shows and I doubt they'll come back to this general area next year. I'm still amazed at how fast 2 1/2 hours go!!! Can't wait to SOA and the DVD!

I had quite possibly the best time ever last night at this concert. I was hot as hell and have never danced and jumped around as much as I did last night. My place in the inner circle was perfect and so were the people around me. I do have my minor complaints but over all it was a great experience and something that I will treasure in my memory forever. :) :heart:

I had quite possibly the best time ever last night at this concert. I was hot as hell

MissVelvetDressbut over all it was a great experience and something that I will treasure in my memory forever. :) :heart:[/QUOTE said:
I wish to second that:) Miss VelvetDress i absolutely loved the show:) but the only thing i have any complaints about is the lack of people coming around with drinking water, if they had been selling that for 8 dollars a pop they really might have made even bigger money, but then again the beer vendors were in business last night in the GA section, people were hot in there,:)lol

I had the best time ever :hyper:. Went with another member from here mskitkat and my youngest son who turn 14. We met up with 3 member's from another U2 website. We were near the front of the line. Met some awesome U2 fans that were having a good ol time. We ended up inside the circle against the railing on Edge's side. The bridge moved and stopped right above us when my favorite (UTEOTW) came on, I do believe I lost my mind. I was jumping and singing my head off. And when it came for Edge's solo he had stopped right above me and through the holes of the ramp I could see Edge's eyes looking down while he was playing and I stood there staring at him in awe:drool: What a Amazing night! Got my toes stepped on a couple times but it was no biggie. Everyone there was having great time. Luv U2 and the fans are the best people you could ever meet. Hope I'll get to do this again, soon :)
p.s. my son said he had a awesome time and he was so glad he got to see them!
@U2dork, I was dying for some water too.
@Stryker395 I noticed the voice thing too. I thought it was just me, Muse was so loud my ears were ringing. They were great but too loud. Plus I saw some of vids on Youtube of U2 and his voice sounded great on them.

Hi Trinn! :wave: I think your son was by the rail in the pit behind me...I was the one who talked to you a bit about Hilton Head. Sorry, I stepped on your son's toe a couple of times (and maybe yours too). :( Glad you both had a great time! It was an awesome show!!!

Hi dizzy, of course I remember you. Nick had no complaints. He wishes he could go to another show. After showing my 18 & 17 year old my pics and telling them all about our experience they really wished they could of gone too. Next time I'm gonna bring the whole family.
I did tell them they were going to miss a amazing show. They won't miss it next time :grouphug:

The Claw in the Georgia Dome
cccc.jpg
[/IMG]

Some shots of the crowd. Click to make bigger

Sunday Bloody Sunday. Someone had an Irish flag with the words "No More No War" written on it and Bono draped it on the stage
IcdMG_0171_filtered.jpg

Volunteers during Walk On
cIMG_0176_filtered.jpg

Ultraviolet
cIMG_0184_filtered.jpg

With or Without You
IMcG_0199_filtered.jpg

A few more pics to come...

More shots of the Claw inside the Georgia Dome. Just thought I'd post some of these since there aren't that many enclosed stadiums on the tour. Taken from Sect 118 on Adam's side. (Note: Pictures have been filtered for noise but no color adjustments have been made.)

cIMG_0150_filtered.jpg

c2_filtered.jpg

cIMG_0153_filtered.jpg

IcMG_0208_filtered.jpg

IMcG_0209_filtered.jpg

More pics being added here:Pictures by sdunnington_photos - Photobucket

where do i start:) Trinn her son Nick and i went together and met up with other fans from another board,Nuno Kaycee and Bonofan it was fantastic meeting everyone, you all make seeing U2 even more fun and special:) thank you,:up: the ga line was orderly, people were milling around having a great time i thought, there was a security guard there entertaining all of us before the show, very funny guy that fellow:), wish more security was like him, we got into the dome and my first impressions of the dome was that the claw made the dome look smaller from the inside, but it was my the first time inside of a stadium so what do i know,lol, well we got our spot on Edges side in GA, Muse came on and i couldnt believe how loud they were, but they put on a great show. i was really enjoying it, and getting more and more excited about seeing u2 again after 5 years, well...... when u2 came out i almost had a meltdown,lol, i was so happy and excited my favorite band and i were sharing breathing space once again,lol, it was so cool when the bridges moved right on top of us and we could see edge rocking out, i think he was having a blast the whole band seemed to be having a great time people were saying the sound wasnt very good and Bono might have been having vocal problems a bit, i didnt notice it though, of course i might have been deafen a little bit by Muse,lol when Bono sang the snippet for Amazing Grace i found myself crying he sings it so raw and heartfelt, all in all i have no complaints about the setlist or anything just a great memorable night for me:), even thought i didnt get Bad im not disappointed, Fantastic, now all i want to know is .........when are they coming back near me.

You see the security guard on the inside of the catwalk facing the outer rail of the inner circle? (He's facing directly away from the camera) I'm sitting on the ground right in front of him (I recognize the ppl that were around me). Here's what I saw:
Butts.jpg

Hey... I was tired after my long trip!!!

goat

P.S. seeing your pics makes me absolutely jealous... now I wish I wasn't in GA (ummm.. right) Those shots are amazing! And I thought it looked good from the ground... you really get a feel for the immensity of the stage from further back!

}:)~

Last edited:

You see the security guard on the inside of the catwalk facing the outer rail of the inner circle? (He's facing directly away from the camera) I'm sitting on the ground right in front of him (I recognize the ppl that were around me). Here's what I saw:
Butts.jpg

Hey... I was tired after my long trip!!!

goat

I'm glad you could maybe find yourself in there! I was surprised at the masks I can see in those pictures. I see one in your picture, too. Did anyone put them on?
P.S. seeing your pics makes me absolutely jealous... now I wish I wasn't in GA (ummm.. right) Those shots are amazing! And I thought it looked good from the ground... you really get a feel for the immensity of the stage from further back!

}:)~

I'm glad you could maybe find yourself in there! I was surprised at the masks I can see in those pictures. I see one in your picture, too. Did anyone put them on?

Don't be jealous. The entire time I was so wishing I was down there. I just can't do crowds and heat, though. Looking down at the sea of people and arms was just amazing!

Don't be jealous. The entire time I was so wishing I was down there. I just can't do crowds and heat, though. Looking down at the sea of people and arms was just amazing!

By the time we were supposed to put our masks on, most people had lost theirs. Mine had lost it's elastic thingie, so I just held it up during the song (as did quite a few others that were around me).

Yeah, it was a sea of people, I was dancing my little (ahem!) goat butt off, but it was like dancing in a box not much bigger than my body... and is it just me, or does EVERY concert have one guy in GA who just stands there the entire show, staring at the stage with his arms crossed???

My camera sucks... I didn't get any great pictures of U2, but I got some really nice shots of Muse (go figure!) Anyone know where to post them?

BTW, here's a couple of pictures of Miss Velvet Dress.... she is such a kind person!!! :)

IrisandCathalMcCarron.jpg

Miss Velvet Dress and 'that Cathal guy' :)

IrisandSheila.jpg

Miss Velvet Dress and Dizzy

Aw heck, here's ALL the U2 pics I got on photobucket...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v194/rivergoat/U2 Atlanta 2009/

goat

Last edited:
Here are my contributions. (I took many more but these are the best of the group.)
U2AtlantaOct09069.jpg

U2AtlantaOct09070.jpg

U2AtlantaOct09074.jpg

U2AtlantaOct09125.jpg

U2AtlantaOct09168.jpg

And my favorite... :cute:
U2AtlantaOct09179.jpg

Back
Top Bottom