October 3, 2009 - Raleigh - North Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. While I wasn't thrilled we didn't get UC all in all a great show. Was right in center edge circle. Great view tonight for my last ga. Got there at noon lady next to me inside got there at 6pm. I wouldn't waste my time ever again waiting all day. Videos to follow.

We got there pretty early and parked outside the stadium - Northwestern Mutual? Parking lot? We saw a ton of people tailgating there and just joined. When we go to the stadium and found our seats I was honestly surprised we were so close - I was SO sure we were in the highest possible, but no. Thirty dollar tickets and we were in the lower level in the back :) It was just...epic? People were saying that Bono was reserved in the DC show and I didn't believe him, but seeing him last night I will have to agree now. I do love the stage dynamic of the boys, and he didn't have it so much in DC, but last night, especially Adam was getting love. By Bono anyway - the camera was not on him enough, and he didn't come in the back that much. Edge lived in the back last night! I was SO excited. My boyfriend just had to laugh at me. I was really excited to hear NLOTH, because they didn't do it in DC. I am still unsatisfied with UF though. Great song, but without the lyrics, it's just not....as good.

But overall amazing show. Adam was very shiny. I like shiny. :love:

I read that the capacity of the stadium for the U2 show was 64,000.Does anybody know if the concert was a sellout? 64k in attendance would be a HUGE number.

Thanks.

bonodetail1.jpg

bonodetail2.jpg

bonodetail3.jpg

Best show of my life. I'm still in awe of everything and can't yet think coherently. The show wasn't sold out until the day of the show, but I hear it was a sellout.

Went with my U2-virgin brother (wearing his Muse shirt) and he's now a fan (already learning Stuck on his guitar).

The moment where Bono threw his mic into the crowd trusting us for People Get Ready gave me wicked chills. I did not expect that to happen.

But seriously, the show was perfect. Muse was 10/10 and U2 was 100k/10. The weather came together (and the full moon triggered a beautiful version of Stand By Me), the audio balance was PERFECT (I've never been to a show where the experience sounded quite similar to nothing short of a good pair of headphones), and the people around me in my 3-people-back-front-and-center-pit (great pictures!) were as polite and wonderful company as any U2 fan could ask for.

In my psycho-U2-fan-snootyness, I could complain that we didn't get any radically new songs, and that we had as much from ATYCLB as we did from NLOTH, but dammit, every song they played was fun, and at least in my experience, pretty much every song they played my brother knew, so we could sing together and bond more from the experience. In retrospect, I'm glad the show was as accessible as it was...I still got my TUF and Ultraviolet.

I'll stop ranting. If I remember to do it, a real writeup will show up soon.

But seriously, the show was perfect. Muse was 10/10 and U2 was 100k/10. The weather came together (and the full moon triggered a beautiful version of Stand By Me), the audio balance was PERFECT (I've never been to a show where the experience sounded quite similar to nothing short of a good pair of headphones), and the people around me in my 3-people-back-front-and-center-pit (great pictures!) were as polite and wonderful company as any U2 fan could ask for.

iPhone518.jpg

I just got home from Toronto. Need to unwind. Will type in more detail. I have some killer pics. I love U2 and North Carolina.

Mark, those are awesome pictures!! The ones with you and Lisa and Jamie(I assume that is her) are cool too. And that moment with People Get Ready was unforgettable. Raleigh is an awesome experience! When Dallas Schoo told me there was going to be a new song, I knew it was gonna be a special night. And I know it's a U2 concert, but the fact that Muse played Map of Problematique, which is my favorite song,
made this show hold a special place in my heart.
Of course the people that I met here made it pretty special too. :heart:

Oh, I found a video of Sunday with the People Get Ready moment:

YouTube - U2 Sunday Bloody Sunday Carter Finley Stadium Raleigh NC October 3 2009

:D

OK, that was me (same guy as C-Ville). That was clearly the most amazing moment of my life. I still haven't quite recovered!! I am off to head up to NY for the show tonight. When I get a chance I'll post a more in-depth story about the whole thing. Please post any pictures or clips you might have of People Get Ready!!!

Back
Top Bottom