October 3, 2009 - Raleigh - North Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He looked at me! :giggle: :shifty:

(that's for you blm!)

Thanks to my neighbor for this pic of Bono and the back of my head. :)

Bonoandthebackofmyheadha.jpg

:drool:

CROOKED SMILE!!!!!!

OK...stop...i'm done....:sexywink:

He is a good looking man:reject:(although much better w/ longer hair)

Anyway PartyGirl I have a feeling you & I were close:ohmy:

Inside The Stadium

We were in seats behind the stage as well top of first tier a tad to the right on Edge's Side in a Special Handicap Section for Ba Ba:hug:

Some stills from my video

7429_178064923311_772758311_3787653_4921329_n.jpg

:silent: Oops... that's my tag in your way. :doh: I hope I wasn't too obnoxious with it - I honestly tried to make sure I didn't hold it up too much so that folks behind me would be able to get their shots. :reject:

And I should have known that while we GA'ers were standing in that cattle call at the front of Carter Finley waiting for the gates to open that Bono was just around the stadium, giving autographs & photo ops. It doesn't take away from the wonderful time I had with my Interference peeps (Rick & Char, Mark & Jocelyn, Paul & Jess, Brittany - Kelly & I thank you for a wonderful weekend!!), but damn - I was so hoping somewhere between Charlottesville & Atlanta I'd get a chance to meet him again & document it with a picture. Maybe next year... :D

And I should have known that while we GA'ers were standing in that cattle call at the front of Carter Finley waiting for the gates to open that Bono was just around the stadium, giving autographs & photo ops. It doesn't take away from the wonderful time I had with my Interference peeps (Rick & Char, Mark & Jocelyn, Paul & Jess, Brittany - Kelly & I thank you for a wonderful weekend!!), but damn - I was so hoping somewhere between Charlottesville & Atlanta I'd get a chance to meet him again & document it with a picture. Maybe next year... :D

After Bono had left, some guy came by and said Edge was out at the GA line and he (the guy) was "disappointed." That's the only thing I heard about Edge being around though. :confused: Did you see him BluRmGrl?

After Bono had left, some guy came by and said Edge was out at the GA line and he (the guy) was "disappointed." That's the only thing I heard about Edge being around though. :confused: Did you see him BluRmGrl?

I didn't see Edge at all in the GA line.

We got there pretty early and parked outside the stadium - Northwestern Mutual? Parking lot? We saw a ton of people tailgating there and just joined. When we go to the stadium and found our seats I was honestly surprised we were so close - I was SO sure we were in the highest possible, but no. Thirty dollar tickets and we were in the lower level in the back :) It was just...epic? People were saying that Bono was reserved in the DC show and I didn't believe him, but seeing him last night I will have to agree now. I do love the stage dynamic of the boys, and he didn't have it so much in DC, but last night, especially Adam was getting love. By Bono anyway - the camera was not on him enough, and he didn't come in the back that much. Edge lived in the back last night! I was SO excited. My boyfriend just had to laugh at me. I was really excited to hear NLOTH, because they didn't do it in DC. I am still unsatisfied with UF though. Great song, but without the lyrics, it's just not....as good.

But overall amazing show. Adam was very shiny. I like shiny. :love:

I'm puzzled by a few things in this and wonder if you can clarify.

I did not see the DC or Raleigh shows, so this truly is for clarification. :wave:

Having seen U2 twice in Chicago and twice in Boston (Foxboro), I found Bono to be, well, Bono. Nothing reserved there as he belted out songs and, if the mood struck him, pulled up children or even a woman on stage. He ran around the circle and walked the ramp. I will say that in the first Chicago show ALL of them seemed a tad more reserved as they did not walk on the ramp nearly as much as the other three shows. I attribute that to first U.S. show nerves (more focused on putting on a good show in terms of music and not as much showmanship - that came later). So if you can discuss what "reserved" means, I'd be appreciative.

Also, I'm lost as to what you mean for UF without lyrics. Are they doing an instrumental version of this song now? The shows I saw, Bono sang, hitting some great falsettos too. The lyrics changed slightly, but that's to be expected. So can you clarify?

Thank you! :up:

:silent: Oops... that's my tag in your way. :doh: I hope I wasn't too obnoxious with it - I honestly tried to make sure I didn't hold it up too much so that folks behind me would be able to get their shots. :reject:

No worries, I figure arms and heads and license plates are all welcome! My video is very "pit like" and that is what I get. I try not to annoy the folks behind me as well with my camera so that means shooting through the heads and occasionally getting the camera raised.

FYI, there's a boot of this show at U2start.com. Quality is pretty good. As the recorder (Brent P.) noted, this boot could be really good with some mastering/eq'ing. Naturally, I have no idea how maipulate audio recordings, but if someone here does... :drool: Thanks to Brent P. for helping me relive this awesome show! :wave:

I'm puzzled by a few things in this and wonder if you can clarify.

I did not see the DC or Raleigh shows, so this truly is for clarification. :wave:

Having seen U2 twice in Chicago and twice in Boston (Foxboro), I found Bono to be, well, Bono. Nothing reserved there as he belted out songs and, if the mood struck him, pulled up children or even a woman on stage. He ran around the circle and walked the ramp. I will say that in the first Chicago show ALL of them seemed a tad more reserved as they did not walk on the ramp nearly as much as the other three shows. I attribute that to first U.S. show nerves (more focused on putting on a good show in terms of music and not as much showmanship - that came later). So if you can discuss what "reserved" means, I'd be appreciative.

Also, I'm lost as to what you mean for UF without lyrics. Are they doing an instrumental version of this song now? The shows I saw, Bono sang, hitting some great falsettos too. The lyrics changed slightly, but that's to be expected. So can you clarify?

Thank you! :up:
Reserved - I dunno, it was just weird, he was way more all over the place and enthusiastic in Raleigh. Hard to explain? :shrug: And the lyrics...yeah so I've found out they're "changed." still a disappointment, both times I heard it, he just sounded like he was mumbling, and it's one of my favorite songs, and my favorite lines were left out. :huh:

He looked at me! :giggle: :shifty:

(that's for you blm!)

Thanks to my neighbor for this pic of Bono and the back of my head. :)

Bonoandthebackofmyheadha.jpg

AHHH,, have lots of catch up to do.. lots..

These are breathtaking photos...
Wooohooooo !!!!!!!!
Now THAT'S what it looks like when he looks at you!
NO QUESTION.

Honey, I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!!!!!!:happydance::loveshower::cheer:

Yeah, you're back home....!

Lisa's baaackkkk!! :applaud::wave:

:grouphug: Awww - you guys missed me! :cute:

But yeah, we made it back home last Wednesday evening. I didn't realize how sleep deprived we were - all we've done since getting back is pass out on the couch when we weren't at work or cleaning house & catching up on laundry. :lol: I haven't even turned on my PC at home to download my pics! :ohmy: Since I'm assuming that at least a few are worth posting, I'll be working on that this week.

And I just have to say again that Interference attracts some of the greatest people in the world - during our little stretch of the tour we got to meet folks from England, Canada, Kentucky, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvannia, Ohio, Georgia, Delaware, & California and there wasn't a bad apple in the bunch. :D Kelly & I were exhausted when we got home last week, but we'd get in the car & drive the 1700 miles all over again in a heartbeat, just for another chance to see the folks we met on this tour. :love:

Anyone seen this show online? I tried U2start, but I can only get half of the show to work and the quality isn't very good.

And just because. :drool

Muse was amazing! Did you happen, by any chance, to get "Time Is Running Out?" Over in our area, only me and some kid in a toboggan (hat, not sled!) were standing up singing. :giggle:

BARBECUE FOR U2 - A Fan Visits their Jet in Raleigh, NC

Debbie Holt and her husband Randy just bought a Raleigh, N.C. restaurant icon last year. Cooper's Barbecue has been around since 1938, and locals and celebrities alike sing its praises. Nonetheless, Debbie still screamed with excitement when she got a call to deliver $300 worth of barbecue to one of the most famous bands on the planet: U2. Debbie says that she prepped the food, went home and prepped herself, and then she got on the road. Debbie says the jet was amazing. She also had a chance to meet one of the band members.

Debbie Holt relays her story to Dick Gordon of NPR - National Public Radio's program THE STORY. Her story was the second of two stories covered on the radio broadcast of October 14, 2009.

You can listen to the archived story by going to this NPR webpage (Remember, it's the "2nd" story as you listen to the Archive...it's all audio, there is no video, even though when you play the link it says "Waiting for Video") :

http://thestory.org/archive/the_story_881_Mike_Cianchette/view

WARNING --- The descriptions of succulent food in this story will leave you hungry ! ! !

Back
Top Bottom