October 3, 2009 - Raleigh - North Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, did I tell you I had my picture taken with Bono on this beautiful day? All thanks to my lovely friend lovezeuser.

See, there she is again, getting into the picture with lovezeuser and Bono!!
Yes, that's my buddy lovezeuser on the right!! It's a good thing BM didn't tackle her for manhandling Bono!
s320x240

This is when lovezeuser was telling Bono about me, and he leaned towards me to say, "Oh, hi Alma!"
s320x240

And I finally got a picture with Bono... what a humbling experience...
s320x240

Ahhhh! I was happy to share the love of Bono with ya! :love: Folks were getting aggressive and a little pushy, so had to think quickly how to get Alma her moment with Bono. I'm thrilled I actually took a good picture of you with Bono- your camera is more sophisticated than mine! :lol:

Connie, I have those pictures in higher res (read: bigger). I'll send you the link. I had to make the sizes small here because my face takes up half of the pictures... :p

Oh, and did you see who's in the background in your first picture with Bono??

Yep, that's Brian Williams being all jealous that Bono got to take a picture with YOU!! :D

Hi all--just back from a killer 9 hour drive....My hubby Mr. Partygirl43 surprised me with tickets to the Raleigh show...it was totally last minute, made plans on Thursday and left Sat. morning for Raleigh.

Well, hello, we sat next to you. Haha. We also didn't plan it til Thursday and it was spur of the moment.

Connie, I have those pictures in higher res (read: bigger). I'll send you the link. I had to make the sizes small here because my face takes up half of the pictures... :p

Oh, and did you see who's in the background in your first picture with Bono??

Yep, that's Brian Williams being all jealous that Bono got to take a picture with YOU!! :D

:applaud: You are so funny! I got an email from photobucket that you downloaded new pics last night. I didn't see the ones with Dallas, though. The pic with me talking to Bono- my hair looks like a rat's nest!!! It was so hot and humid that day which is bad for curly hair.

Too bad Brian didn't have a camera crew with him. He is probably just hanging out with Bono because it was a weekend show. And, it was pretty cool to see Paul McGuinness that day too.

I could go on and on about how great that day was for all of us! Where are those 2010 dates......

Well, hello, we sat next to you. Haha. We also didn't plan it til Thursday and it was spur of the moment.

:wave:

You know I was going to ask about your 'Edge' t-shirt and see if you were on here....I had a 'feeling' but I didn't want to seem like a freak (even though I am :reject:)

I just found out that my brother in law, will be working in the sound board.:crack:

They hire local people to do this?

:wave:

You know I was going to ask about your 'Edge' t-shirt and see if you were on here....I had a 'feeling' but I didn't want to seem like a freak (even though I am :reject:)

Aww trust me you're not a freak. Haha. I got that shirt at the Fed Ex Field show, I didn't see it at the Raleigh shows. I'm glad I got it now. :hyper: Your kid seemed REALLY into the show, I was impressed with his enthusiasm. :applaud:

The show on Saturday was amazing. The stage is unbelievable, the set list fantastic and the guys looked and sounded better than ever. I saw "U2 3D" Sunday night and think all four guys look healthier now than they did then.

The conference went really well, too. Thanks to everyone who came by the AWF booth and picked up a water bottle, DVD or fliers.

I would like to know who the 'original' #6 was? She was very helpful and I would like to thank her. If it helps at all, I was wearing a Police tour shirt...It's a a not so long story. For that matter, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all I met waiting in my first GA queue. It set the stage for one of the most...u2 fulfilling nights of my life.

Thank you all!

^ Thanks! And Brian Williams' wife (who was sooooo nice, btw!) said their son goes to school here in NC, so they may have been here to visit him. :shrug:

He looked at me! :giggle: :shifty:

(that's for you blm!)

Thanks to my neighbor for this pic of Bono and the back of my head. :)

Bonoandthebackofmyheadha.jpg

Back
Top Bottom