October 28, 2009 BC Place Stadium Vancouver - CANADA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How come i don't recall seeing the zoo baby before Ultraviolet? Did they play this segment in Van?

I remember the checkerboard. When i came on here and read everyone's reviews i thought i missed him! But guess we just didn't get it. I wonder if other shows got something else as well? i'll have to listen to the boot to see what the poem was. I couldn't really hear a word being said, nor what bono said for most of the show, being behind the stage. It was very muffled.

The encore thing before UV was the Auden poem, I believe called "Stop All the Clocks", recited in a really creepy robot/alien voice. :yikes: Beautiful poem though. It was what they used for the European shows. I'm glad they decided to use it again; I loved it when it first came out, though the Maya Angelou poem they used after that was wonderful too. :up:

Edit: yeah, I understand not being able to hear anything. The sound pretty much everywhere in that stadium is dreadful.

Yeah, I couldn't understand a word of the poem due to the muffled sound. I only knew it was a poem because of the reviews I read afterward. It could have been someone reciting cereal box ingredients for all I knew! :lol:

i also had no idea liam neeson was in the crowd until i heard the bootleg and then read about him on here.

High then Low.

Highz and Lowz at the U2 Show.

Meet Adam :) what a gentle man.

I was standing at the gate with Mia Familia 3 generationz of fanz and out comes this Jaguar. I think holy shite! as I can see Adam throught the window only feet away!

Then I see him mouth the words, "Stop the car."

And out he gets, comes over to us, and simply says, "Hello." He was so gracious during the encounter, so real, so humble. There waz such a peaceful vibe coming from of him.

16766_192571051281_570546281_4402016_5941426_n.jpg

We all placed within the first 100 in the GA line some really nice folks took care of everyone with an outside heater, BBQ and Coffee!

Made into the "Pit" and had a great view. Took the back rail. lotz of room good stage view and audio and close enough to see large as life when the band was running the ramp.

The band was in great form and sounded awesome given the tin can they had to play! Beautiful day almost went through the roof! :hyper:

A shout out to the Peas, Ferggie's voice is incredible, she really does hit the notes for real!

The only Pain god present was the folks at the door and on the floor,fans (?) who, crushed me in the revolving door, pushed people over (including 9 yr oldz), and the fecking security who allowed it all (everyone for them selves after the line got to the door/gate) and said "I don't Fucking care if it was a child! Nice.

Next stop Edmonton !

That's awesome - good for you guys!

Those revolving doors were bad news on the way out of the stadium. Huge crush towards the exit I was near, and two revolving doors to shove them all through? Yikes.

Silence, that is so amazing! What time were you at the gate when he left and which gate was it? the one beside GM place or the other one out on the street?

We stuck around for about 30 mintues and watched the trucks start to come into the building to haul the stage away. My that time it was easy to get out and there was no problem with the doors.

During the encore, I was wandering around the back of the floor, and during Streets, a handful of people in hard hats and those neon safety vests came in and stood watching, obviously waiting for the show to end so they could start tearing it down. :lol:

The revolving doors crack me up. They're so horrible to have at a stadium, plus with the wind and all, they really mess your hair up as you're leaving the place.

:doh:

Ok my bad... How about "If I had a Million $".. "The Good ol Hockey game"... "O Canada"... "Sk8terboi"...

My point in the reference was that one rift of basically anything Canadian would have brought the house down.. literally...

In Vegas he played Viva Las Vegas... Was that random?

"From Mozambique to those Memphis nights
The Khyber Pass to Vancouver's lights"

Done.. The Crowd is OWNED!

Since the show was in Vancouver, I was half expecting Michael Bublé to come on stage with a Canucks jersey on and sing an acoustic duet or something.

Alas that didn't happen, but Bono did mention the Skytrain, which got a nice reaction from the crowd.

they use those becuase of the pressure in the building for the roof i think. We went in a newer pressurzied door thing. It was a chamber that fit about 20 people. When the outside door closed, the inside door would let us in. I had an image of the total recall scene with the pressure and heads exploding. lol

Oh my god, I totally noticed a slight pressure change when I went outside, like my ears were all WHUT and junk. It totally weirded me out.

Please forgive my horrendous syntax in the post above. I'd just returned from a gossip blog and my mind was still on LOLWHUT ZOMG mode.

The pressure thing did actually weird me out. :lol:

Ok, next time I'm getting GA tickets and hanging out in the empty space by the soundboard...next to corianderstem......well I don't know what you look like but I was jealous of several people down there:wink: I was above that spot in nosebleed seats. We had some moron smoking in front of us, which sucked. I used to smoke so I "get it" when at a gig, but when you're squished into seats with no where to go it blows...pun intended.

So the concert was great I thought. Highlights for me was anything ZOO and Streets was kick ass too. I really looked forward to the Zoo Baby, which never transpired unfortunately. Bono's voice sounded fine to me. It was great to see other fans(I always think of us Interferencers in a different light) enjoying what we are so fanatical about.

As for BC Place, the sound is horrible as everyone knows. But, if and when U2 come back to play there, the current roof will be completely gone so that will improve sound. The $400m roof replacement for 2011 with a retractable system will allow 100 metres of open roof on the top and 20 metres of opening right around the top part of the upper deck bringing in lots of light and air. Those revolving doors will be gone too--they're imperative to have currently as the whole stadium is pressurised.

Ok, next time I'm getting GA tickets and hanging out in the empty space by the soundboard...next to corianderstem......well I don't know what you look like but I was jealous of several people down there:wink:

that kinda sounds like a good idea. I don't want the stress of getting way up close to the stage and waiting in line for a day in advance, but i suppose there is tons of room to stand near the back and you can probably see just as well as anyone in the stands seating. I just might plan that for the next tour. :up:

If you care about seeing every expression on the band's faces, then the back is not for you. For the most part, I haven't had problems being able to *see* the band from back there - even if there are taller people in front of you, having more space between you and them makes a huge difference.

And if a bunch of taller people come and stand right in front of you, it's usually easy to just move five feet in one direction to find a better sight-line.

If you care about seeing every expression on the band's faces, then the back is not for you. For the most part, I haven't had problems being able to *see* the band from back there - even if there are taller people in front of you, having more space between you and them makes a huge difference.

And if a bunch of taller people come and stand right in front of you, it's usually easy to just move five feet in one direction to find a better sight-line.

Well i sure as hell couldn't see their expressions from the seats i had. lol But at least on the floor a person can get a bit of the GA atmosphere and that is what i'd like to experience eventually.

Yeah. My biggest problem with seats these days is that it's really hard to jump and dance around like I like to do. You're limited with your own seat and the seat right in front of you, and you don't want to totally fall onto the person in front of you.

... or maybe I'm just super uncoordinated. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom