October 20, 2009 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
firsties!!!

3am, just got home....freaking long-ass day

made it to stadium at 415p, got red zone packet

here's me and my sister
p1000662u.jpg

p1000664o.jpg

met d.darroch & cathal in the red zone line :up:
p1000666.jpg

RZ2 gate was on the opposite side of the field from the stadium entrance, had to go all the way around...very frustrating.

saw the regular GA folk running across the field in waves...wish i would have had video.

took my usual spot 7 people deep outside of rail right of center

pretty sure going in the setlist would be equal to norman, it was...nice to hear dirty old town, bummed we didn't get even a snip of in god's country (at least we avoided a pee-fest).

got the whole thing, will try to get something on youtube this (wednesday) afternoon

anybody got a 16 hour energy?

-dan

Dan, I can't believe you posted last night before bed. AND uploaded pics. YOU'RE CRAZY!! I looked at my pics once before hitting the hay.

3 hours of sleep and I'm off to work. I'll post my review when I have a moment at work.

i was wide awake once i got home, finally started to crash around 430

slept for 2.5 hours, now headed to work

-dan

amazing show, best of the 7 U2 shows i've been to, Bono sounded amazing.. AMAZING. his vocals on MOS and One were just incredible, band played tight, even if Edge forgot how to start In A Little While lol. Energy was up, crowd was into it, a near full house, i just saw a few in the upper deck, so at least 65,000 out of the possible 70,000. pics and vids to come, but wow...can't wait to do it all again in Vegas :)

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I can describe my experience with this show but I"ll try and I'll preface it by saying that I was a little disappointed by my first 360 experience in Dallas and wondered if "my band" had lost their live touch - it was a little scary :lol:

LINE UP: The evening before, we found out they wouldn't allow any camping or groups of more than 5 ppl gathering. This was strictly enforced by the police who drove by the GA line up area every 5 minutes - literally. So they handed out numbers, told us to go back to our hotels and get some sleep and "see you at 6am, not earlier"

So my friends and I had numbers in the early 30's and still managed to get a decent night's sleep. Line up went well and numbers were honored in the morning.

I had such a great time meeting almost everyone on my "want to meet" list and some non-Interferencers too. The weather was perfect and we were in the shade most of the day.

GETTING IN: What a clusterf*ck.
a) The family who was behind us spend the last hour in line plotting to get in front of us. Despite our best efforts, on our way down to the field, they succeeded :madwife: we went in. Nice example to set for your kids, right?

b) The family in front of us allowing boyfriend of daughter in line in front of us TEN MINUTES before we went in!! WTF? Mom ( one of those SuperObsessedFans) said "Yeah the same thing happened to us in Chicago and it was shitty." SO THAT MAKES IT OKAY!??????!!!

c) I don't think security knew quite how "exuberant" U2 fans would be. So they stopped the first group of 150 or so after about 50 yards of running while they figured out Plan B. When Plan B still didn't stop the pushing and shoving they stopped us for about 20 minutes while they came up with Plan C. We got more and more nervous and more and more tense. FInally all of us in the front decided to make rows, link arms and walk slowly. SEcurity put up a rope in front of us. They stopped us at the entrance to the field, pulled away to the rope and I made the longest fricking run of my life. I grabbed what I swear was the last outer rail spot and lost my BF. (Found her 10 ppl down and we and the 10 ppl between us organized a switch :lol;) It seemed like EVERYONE in the first 60 ppl wanted outer rail center :shrug:

SECURITY; Great crew, very friendly and yet very professional. There were 3 fights and 3 or 4 fainters who had to be pulled out - :shrug: - and they handled each of these situations without raising panic or disturbing the show.

THE SHOW: OMFG!!!!!! A-FRICKING-MAZING doesn't even begin to describe it. (I think it helps that I came in with "low" expectations.) Bono's energy was soooooo high and he was really having fun. Spent a lot of time near us on the ramp. Edge didn't spend too much time making eye contact w/ audience but he really seemed to be rockin out and enjoying playing. And Larry... well you all know how I feel about Larry. :wink:

MY SIGN: Many of you know how badly I want to RUN! Bono saw my sign, smiled and laughed at me. I yelled at him "C'mon!!! You know you want to!!!!!!!" He smiled again and left. I know it's dumb but that made my night.

SUMMARY: Amazing show, met amazing people, love this band as much if not more than ever.

Will post pics later tonight.
:up: :hyper: :dance: :applaud:

This was my first show of the tour and WWoWW!!!!!!!!!
Unknown caller and the crazy tonight remix blew me seriuosly away. I met very nice people around me and this is making me hyper for Vegas!!!
Zuropa_fit , you're awesome!

I saw them all three nights in Dublin and they were incredible then but I have to say the show seemed much tighter last night - they were having fun and the energy was amazing - see you in Vegas

MY SIGN: Many of you know how badly I want to RUN! Bono saw my sign, smiled and laughed at me. I yelled at him "C'mon!!! You know you want to!!!!!!!" He smiled again and left. I know it's dumb but that made my night.

See what you needed to do is dress up as a pre-teen boy. :wink:

What an incredible show! I am one of the 3 sisters that was on stage. I still can't believe this is real. I haven't seen any pictures or video. If anyone has any, could you PLEASE email me at iroc1545@hotmail.com?

Thank you so much! What an amazing night. What an amazing show.

My pics are posted on FB.
I was on the front rail center mic w JesseU2.
Good pics of Fergie too.

Facebook: David B Schroeder

<>

What an incredible show! I am one of the 3 sisters that was on stage. I still can't believe this is real. I haven't seen any pictures or video. If anyone has any, could you PLEASE email me at iroc1545@hotmail.com?

Thank you so much! What an amazing night. What an amazing show.

Congrats again to you and your two sisters for getting pulled up last night! I'm the guy who met you over by your car last night as you were just about to leave. I had taken many photos of you and your sisters on stage and took your email address down. I uploaded many of my photos to Smugmug this morning before leaving for work. You can see them at

U2 - 2009-10-20 Glendale, AZ - desertsky's Photos

Later tonight I'll ZIP up all the full-sized versions and send them to your hotmail address.

688156743_XLSBG-L.jpg

AZCentral has their review up of last night. Supergroup U2 delivers in Glendale

I agree on the placement of the stage. The stage lost a bit of it's grandeur shoved up against the south end of the stadium under the roof overhang. They should have set up the stage more to the center of the field like they have at other stadiums. A lot of the comments to the AZCentral review are complaining about the acoustics in the stadium. The sound quality was excellent down on the field, but I'm not surprised to hear it sounded bad up in the seats. It's no secret the acoustics in that stadium are not the greatest. Perhaps Sun Devil Stadium would've been a better choice, an open air stadium with seating all around.

Congrats again to you and your two sisters for getting pulled up last night! I'm the guy who met you over by your car last night as you were just about to leave. I had taken many photos of you and your sisters on stage and took your email address down. I uploaded many of my photos to Smugmug this morning before leaving for work. You can see them at

Later tonight I'll ZIP up all the full-sized versions and send them to your hotmail address.

688156743_XLSBG-L.jpg

great picture of a great moment!

I loved when he said they could stay on stage for the next song if they wanted to :heart:

great pictures (what kind of camera?)...love the one of the GAers running and love the last one because i'm in it.

i wish they would have pulled out the small stands at least to have some people behind the stage, it would have been better than those dull black drapes

i don't really worry about the crowd behind me, but i did notice it took forever for the floor area to start to fill up. i went to buy a shirt around 6 and the crowd was not even 15 people deep.

i'll do my best to edit and start uploading IALW before i go to bed tonight, hopefully it will finish by morning

-dan

great pictures (what kind of camera?)...love the one of the GAers running and love the last one because i'm in it.

i wish they would have pulled out the small stands at least to have some people behind the stage, it would have been better than those dull black drapes

i don't really worry about the crowd behind me, but i did notice it took forever for the floor area to start to fill up. i went to buy a shirt around 6 and the crowd was not even 15 people deep.

i'll do my best to edit and start uploading IALW before i go to bed tonight, hopefully it will finish by morning

-dan

Believe it or not, the photos were taken with a P&S camera. The Canon G11 which just came out a couple weeks ago. It's low-light capabilities are amazing. I was surprised they were allowing in DSLR cameras with zoom lenses up to 8 inches. I left my Canon 40D at home yesterday thinking I wouldn't have been allowed to go in with it. I still ended up with some awesome photos even with the smaller camera.

688156743_XLSBG-L.jpg

good job john..

Back
Top Bottom