October 18, 2009 at Norman, OK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure was nice to see venue security had there act together. No hassels in line, entry or reentry. Nice to see them wristbanding before entry to the stadium too. Cuts down on the drama of entry to venue. Very impressive from a venue that hasnt had a concert in 10+ years

Sure was nice to see venue security had there act together. No hassels in line, entry or reentry. Nice to see them wristbanding before entry to the stadium too. Cuts down on the drama of entry to venue. Very impressive from a venue that hasnt had a concert in 10+ years

they host 85,000 six or seven times a year for football games. they know what they're doing! :applaud:

Security was top notch, unlike Cowboys Stadium.

U2 is also in fine form. Unknown Caller was absolutely beautiful. In a Little While was also really cool. Hell there wasn't a bad moment tonight, this entire show is a spectacle, and its so awesome words just cannot describe. Im liking this better than Dallas because A) its my backyard and B) it was an open air venue. Sure Dallas had more people but this thing was meant to have liftoff and no roof over our heads.

My only complaint, the pit is way too overcrowded, seriously. Minor bitch after the fact, i wouldnt see this show any other way than inside the pit. I would love to go to sleep but im too pumped up now. GOnna have a beer or two more and drift off into clouds myself.

I swear everytime i see this band i dont see a bunch of rich guys trying to act cool, im seeing a group of guys who really do care about their audience, who come from an era where people know or knew how to make music that really mattered. ISHFWILF might have been the highlight again, with the crowd taking over lyrics, but then again GOYB or MW or TUF, UV, WOWY even all were just incredible performances. This show tonight somehow looked more complete than Dallas last week. No idea why..really....but they really did give it their all. Sure Bono screwed up some random lyrics here and there but....its his songs....he can do that he wrote them. IM probably a geek for even knowing that because the average Joe or Jill or whatever would not have noticed.

Our crowd had its moments, ISHFWILF, Streets, BD, MW, Elevation, GOYB, SBS, Vertigo, and even Crazy Tonight were all pretty high energy moments. This and im sure there were more. Total liftoff.

I should probably go to bed now. Thank U2 for a special night, we LOVE you too.

Just got back. I got there at 5. There was some traffic spots due to the game over the weekend. But once in OK, it was smooth sailing. Someone on the thread said 5 over the limit was safe. It was more like 20 over was safe. Not 1 cop on I35 either way. People were going 90 easily. In the end it didn't matter as I got a great spot in the pit which leads to another point.

GA entered gate 7 and tried to get in the pit on Adam's side and they said it was full. Then the front rail area required another band and they said it was full, but I snuck in. due to the stage being in the center, you can't get to Edge's pit entrance without going around in the concourse. Once I figured that out, I got in fine. People were not budging in the pit. In Chicago and Dallas, I had no problem leaving the pit and getting back. Here it was a chore.

I noticed that in the corner of the stadium, people were standing outside the stadium. I don't know if it was outide the stadium or just in the concourse. But those people if getting a free view, got a decent view at that.

Sound was great. Not too loud. My ears didn't ring like after Chicago or Dallas.

Bono before MOS asked everyone to sit including those in the pit in order to break a record for standing up to poverty. I stood next to a group of college students from Kansas and they had a blast. Crazy Tonight was amazing with everyone around jumping up and down.

Blackeyed peas were great. I don't like their recorded album stuff, but they were great live. They were also on stage for an hour unlike Snow Patrol or Muse.

A great show, my favorite of the 4 I saw. Can't wait for next summer, knock on wood.

No, but I did find this review from a disgruntled fan and laughed to myself:

Sadly, I left the show feeling as if the band played to only half of the audience--the half sitting on the other side of the stadium. Unfortunately, the pre-sale for this show is so far in advance that there is no way to warn other ticket buyers that there is a fifty-fifty chance that U2 will face away from them. After looking forward to this show for several months, I was so disappointed that I returned the T-shirt I bought.

<>

awesome show... best of the three i've seen before...
redzone but we moved into the golden circle... front of stage two people back from the rail... walked in at 6:15... redzone was worth every penny
thanks

4026848260_aa57ae3a1c.jpg

4026097159_4154ed5122.jpg

4026845878_f561f4fcfd.jpg

4026850910_d3da1016bc.jpg

4026851224_7b7b6a0c26.jpg

4026838260_a211b42ff0.jpg

4026091833_f89b7b5b9f.jpg

4026101733_d9ca19bc99.jpg

4026854518_4a52dacbf7.jpg

4026100053_12ed9e8d02.jpg

4026852194_f43530900d.jpg

Wow, HC Miller, you made it into the pit w/o a GA ticket-other than your RZ?

You are lucky.

Great pics.

<>

Great pics, im pretty sure i saw you there.

Also, Bono pulled the cutest little kid up on the ring with him for COBL. Im guessing this kid was around 7-9 years old, really young, and he probably didnt have much of a clue what was going on at first. And of course he got the run/walk around the ring hand in hand with Bono and the sunglasses souvenir and a nice wave from Bono as he walked back towards his spot by his parents. Really touching deal and the crowd totally ate it up. To see this kids face as he walked back wearing Bono's shades, priceless. He was smiling and waving at all of the people who waved at him and gave him thumbs up.

We high-fived the little guy on our way out of the pit, he was grinning ear to ear from all of the attention and he probably had as much trouble sleeping last night as us die hard fans. Something tells me he will be attending u2 shows in the future....

Will have to find that video on youtube

Yeah, they wristbanded us before we went in at Gillette too. :up:

Nice to see Unknown Caller back!

zoopop,

I'm a sooner and hardcore OU fan, but that was funny, I don't care who you are. :lol::lol:
Best U2 show since Zoo TV for me. It was incredible. Red Zone was way cool.

zoopop,

I'm a sooner and hardcore OU fan, but that was funny, I don't care who you are. :lol::lol:
Best U2 show since Zoo TV for me. It was incredible. Red Zone was way cool.

No hardcore feelings. And I"m glad you guys enjoyed the show.

I hope Bradford gets healthy for the NFL as he deserves to be a franchise QB. Very ugly game Saturday and I don't know if TX has enough to get to the National Championship.

Funny, if they would have showed Bradford highlights during WOWY, Stuck, or MOS. :lol:

You are lucky.

Great pics.

<>

we walked right in at 6:30...
at the end of the night i was walking in and out or RZ and the inner circle without any problem...

Second show this tour..Got in line at 10:45, and were about three people back from the stage a little to Bono's right. I posted a bit in the other thread, but:
Highlights
-Security at the Venue was awesome...the did a great job
-The People in Line- Met some cool people including three cool women from Arkansas. Everyone was friendly, and kind.
-The Weather-Beautiful Day and Beautiful Night
-The Black Eyed Peas- People have different opinions but they brought an energy to the stage that I have never seen with a U2 opening act (never saw Pearl Jam open). A lot of times their style of music can sound raggedy live but I thought they sounded good. They even had things happening on the stage that I didn't expect. For me, and the people around me, they did their job...to get the crowd fired up.
-U2- It is always a surreal feeling when they first take the stage...not just because they are friends with presidents and kings, or because they have won grammies, but because they have been a significant part of my life for so long...through breakups, good times, bad times. It's just kind of cool.
- The Bands Energy- Never with U2 but with other bands, I have felt like they don't give 110% when they play a smaller market. Maybe they are hungover, maybe they just don't care...but U2 cared, and brought it hard last night.
- Stand by Me-at the end of WOWY. Have seen them do it before and know they did it long ago, but it is still awesome when they cut the volume and everyone sings along.
-In a Little While- Just learned the guitar Riff last week and was surprised they played it.

Lowlights- Really nothing. I think they let too many people in the circle compared to Chicago 1, and pics I have seen of other shows...getting back to my wife was an epic battle the one time I went to get a beer. It was tough to get out being from out of town and unfamiliar with the area but that's what happens when that many people leave any place. I usually find something to complain about but had nothing bad to say about this experience.

I am not in a post concert high at this point, and go to a lot of concerts by different bands. I can honestly say it was the Best U2 Concert, and concert experience I have ever had.

I forgot to mention earlier but early on in the show someone (hopefully a female) threw their bra at the stage from the pit. Im not sure if any boobies were exposed, but its almost always cool when that happens. :up:

So many highlights.....

but since Stand By me was mentioned i have to agree and say that

One/Amazing Grace/Streets is just awesome

Also we met some really cool people in line. They were all from Tulsa, and they were very well organized with their coolers, chairs, etc. Nice group, dont know if they post here but thanks for letting us use your chairs, thanks for the beer, etc. Would have loved to be in the pit near them but we migrated over to Edges side to get a rail spot. Saw some girls we had met at the Dallas show too....very cool. And a really nice family from Amarillo next to us in the pit as well. We even had our very own beer guy hang out with us until BEP went on. Helped pass the time plus it was nice be able to buy beer when we wanted it. We basically had our own little party section in the pit, it was a wonderful time all around.

You are lucky.

Great pics.

<>

It's not luck it's standard. Redzone people seem to be allowed to go anywhere they want. I'm all for the redzone and good job to those who paid for those tickets supporting the cause but in Toronto it was real unfortunate that the redzones basically emptied into the pit once U2 came on causeing the pit to be insanely overcrowded.

Great pics, im pretty sure i saw you there.

Also, Bono pulled the cutest little kid up on the ring with him for COBL. Im guessing this kid was around 7-9 years old, really young, and he probably didnt have much of a clue what was going on at first. And of course he got the run/walk around the ring hand in hand with Bono and the sunglasses souvenir and a nice wave from Bono as he walked back towards his spot by his parents. Really touching deal and the crowd totally ate it up. To see this kids face as he walked back wearing Bono's shades, priceless. He was smiling and waving at all of the people who waved at him and gave him thumbs up.

We high-fived the little guy on our way out of the pit, he was grinning ear to ear from all of the attention and he probably had as much trouble sleeping last night as us die hard fans. Something tells me he will be attending u2 shows in the future....

Will have to find that video on youtube
Aww... this post just made me :D

Back
Top Bottom