October 12, 2009 - New Cowboys Stadium Dallas - Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well said. There is a strange sense of entitlement people have when they think they are the biggest fan. Your ticket was for the floor, no other guarantees no matter how long you stand in line or how many candles you light in Bono's name. This Rex guy sounds like a prick, but remember these guys have really hard jobs at times. After many years of speaking with many of them I know they don't get a lot of info. Most likely about 20 minutes before you got there he walked out and his boss told him to stand in this spot and don't let anybody without an xyz wrist band come in there. He probably wouldn't know tour staff if they slapped him in the face. They don't even let them be on the feild for the sound check in most cases.
Be grateful U2 gives you the chance to be this close to the experience and that you got the experience of a lifetime for a mere $55. They could throw chairs down and charge a lot more!!

well said, this post and a couple of ones before it. I would be upset too if i waited in line since 8am but that doesnt give anyone the right to act like a child. I think people should have realized everything would be sorted out eventually. A simple complaint on Rex to the security company should be sufficent, and enought of them will drive home the point. But emailing or faxing Principle Mgmt and demanding compensation is going overboard. I'm glad nobody died over this.

^ I agree I don't think demanding compensation from Principle Mgmt is ridiculous. They had nothing to do with it. But making them aware of the situation seems reasonable to me but that's where it should end. Demanding compensation at all is absolutely absurd.. I think as many as that were involved that should contact via fax or phone their complaint to the security agency that handled the event to me that makes the most sense and will get the point across in a professional matter (doing this calmly and professionally will get the best result, acting like a spoiled child won't).

First, the will call tickets started at 9 am. I get mind so easy. Probably they closed the service later that day.

All you point your expletives about the security, so I´ll avoid write about those arse... Like my dad says: "Don´t ask for too much from them since the pay is really bad" The security at Houston were a completely different thing.

I miss the chance to meet all of you who drop some lines previous to the concert. I was so excited and sleepy too since I do some nigth rounds to the stadium before the rain. I was the number 29 and later something like 14 because some fellas from Monterrey, Mexico look for places outside the pit. And get some time to return to the hotel to repair my jacket.

My first U2 show abroad and the Dallas Cowboys stadium were amazing. Don´t care about the quality of sound, Bono´s speech voice, the public. I enjoy the nite by myself and with two new friends, a gentle couple from El Paso Tx. The only crap were three young fellas at front of me who during all show don´t move a muscle to jump, wave hands or even sing along (and they had very good numbers on the line). That´s ok because later they get aside and let me a much better spot behind de the famous tattoo Dan.

Is valid thing say that I put all my balls to enjoy the concert?

Img_6813b.jpg

Love each and every song, but Ultraviolet blows my mind absolutely. Looks like Bono is trying to get a job at the Cirque du Soleil hehehe

Img_6809b.jpg

And Larry Mullen smiling?

lar.jpg

Thank you all for your tips and advices. Hope see you soon

nice video!! i was inner circle, on the rail in front of edge. the sound there was terrible. the vocals were waaaay too loud. couldn't hear anything else clearly.

Yeah, that's the big drawback about being front rail, Bono's vocals are sometime so loud that you can't hear much of anything else. This wasn't the case at Amsterdam II, for some reason, but happened at London 1. who can i sue

Yeah, that's the big drawback about being front rail, Bono's vocals are sometime so loud that you can't hear much of anything else. This wasn't the case at Amsterdam II, for some reason, but happened at London 1. who can i sue

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMG_1173.jpg

Me and Bono_212

Wait a minute! Y'all look familiar...I think. Did we meet in line? I was 129. My mind is a blur.

Anyway, y'all should come out to our DFW gatherings. We'll meet again on November 20 at Tolbert's in downtown Grapevine. Mysterious Ways goes on at 9pm. They are a very good U2 tribute band out of Austin, especially their Edge is pretty impressive. If you're coming leave a reply over on the gatherings thread.

Also, any Texas fans are welcome to join us over on U2Texas Yahoo group.

Do you know how creepy it was clicking the "most recent post" tab and seeing my picture pop up? :lmao:.

Allegra, I was #128 in line.

Back
Top Bottom