October 12, 2009 - New Cowboys Stadium Dallas - Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there was nothing wrong with Bono. He was just pissed and frustrated that his ear monitors were not working ( or perhaps feed back in his ear : OUCH !!! ) . His tech Phil was not around while he pleaded with hand signals that his sound was off/not working properly . He then walked back and gave Sam a kick ( larry`s tech ) which was a signal "where the f*** is Phil find him now " . Phil had the look of fear in his face when he returned to his spot on the steps leading to the underworld . He has one job and one job only and when his boss needed him most he was not there ....

oh man...that does not bode well for Phil. :uhoh: I was also wondering about that though - toward the end I kept hearing feedback squealing coming from somewhere, and then I saw Bono struggling with his earpiece, and he put his head right next to a speaker, so I knew they were having technical issues. Poor Bono, that's gotta be enormously frustrating.

But I bet it sucks to be Phil about now, with Houston coming up tonight. He'll have to really be on his game! :reject:

Wow - I see three DSLRs right there. I guess the camera rules were lax, unless those are media.

Cameras were allowed in the venue as far as I can tell, it was Video cameras that weren't. DSLRs are probably pushing it though, but YES, my roundabout answer, those were media.

I was curious to see what you guys were talking about so I found this video on YouTube. Figured others might want to watch as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqSlmyzggAs

You see Bono really struggling with his ear monitors throughout the song, but it was at about the 5:15/5:30 mark that you see him finally have too much.

can't watch at work, but i know what everyone is talking about. it's apparent on my MOS video. looked like he was having a migraine attack

if you check my breathe upload (previous page), B was patting his head & chest so he may have been problems all show

-dan

can't watch at work, but i know what everyone is talking about. it's apparent on my MOS video. looked like he was having a migraine attack

if you check my breathe upload (previous page), B was patting his head & chest so he may have been problems all show

-dan

Definitely looked like he had a headache because he kept holding onto the back of his head/neck.

Have a great day at work!

i just talked to this Sheri at Platinum Security

keep calling , keep letting them know what you experienced.

Platinum Event Services, Inc. - Contact Us

You know, I think you guys should also send your complaints directly to Cowboys Stadium. In the end they are the ones that hired this company, and as you're complaining to these bozos, tell them you're also contacting management at the stadium.

I get the feeling the security company will try and sweep all of this under the rug.

Cowboys Stadium Guest Services - 817-892-4161
Facility & Event Operations
Jack Hill
General Manager

yep...one night, one show...over and done

i'd be surprised if anyone who was kicked out stayed out (unless they wanted to stay out). i'm glad nobody got arrested.

everyone knows they dropped the ball, i don't think calling will do anything in the end

-dan

As for the pictures:

HPIM1578.jpg

HPIM1580.jpg

Every picture I got seems to be of asses rather than faces, damn laggy camera.

HPIM1606.jpg

I think this picture's going to get laser-eyed when I'm bored.

HPIM1611.jpg
[/QUOTE]

These are amazing pictures; I had such an amazing time.

HolyMeximofoJoe; y'all are the ones from McAllen? I think y'all got to witness our family drama first-hand. My brother had mid-terms at Baylor and literally drove in right after his test and couldn't find parking and then when he did; he lapped Cowboy Stadium THE WRONG WAY; he reached a wall and then had go to around the fences by where the end of the GA line started. He met up with us with 10 min to spare before they let us in; drenched in sweat and pretty close to having a nervous breakdown...haha. He aced his Mid-term btw. This was his 21st Birthday present from me to him; (his bday's 12/1).

Hey Guys,

We were in the whole inner-circle GA fiasco. Wow, what the hell?
I just emailed the security co. and Cowboys Stadium. They should know what happened. Threatening to arrest me, not good! We'll see what happens. Somehow "sorry, we made a mistake" doesn't seem to cut it.

Did anyone record any of it? I'd like to see it. Of course I was freaking out at the time.

Thank God we held our ground, If I was forced to leave I think it would have been ugly.

Otherwise, night of my life! Waiting in line was soooo worth it! We were on the rail, right between Bono and Adam. Incredible! Loved the bridges coming over. Glad to hear Bono was OK, I, too was a little worried there in the end.

I'm wondering if anyone down the line got a picture with me in it. I'm the girl with a black hat on, and like I said, on the rail close to Adam.

By the way, thanks to the lady who made the U2 pins for us all!

Had a fantastic time with all the great people around me. This was my only show this tour, and boy, was it memorable!:wave:

Hey Guys,

I just emailed the security co. and Cowboys Stadium. They should know what happened. Threatening to arrest me, not good! We'll see what happens. Somehow "sorry, we made a mistake" doesn't seem to cut it.

Did anyone record any of it? I'd like to see it. Of course I was freaking out at the time.

Thank God we held our ground, If I was forced to leave I think it would have been ugly.

Otherwise, night of my life! Waiting in line was soooo worth it! We were on the rail, right between Bono and Adam. Incredible! Loved the bridges coming over. Glad to hear Bono was OK, I, too was a little worried there in the end.

I'm wondering if anyone down the line got a picture with me in it. I'm the girl with a black hat on, and like I said, on the rail close to Adam.

Had a fantastic time with all the great people around me. This was my only show this tour, and boy, was it memorable!:wave:

So they didn't make everyone leave? I thought that they had made everyone leave, and then they realized their mistake. How many people were able to stay? And all they said was sorry?

yep...one night, one show...over and done

i'd be surprised if anyone who was kicked out stayed out (unless they wanted to stay out). i'm glad nobody got arrested.

everyone knows they dropped the ball, i don't think calling will do anything in the end

-dan

I would hope that Rex isn't having a good day at work, at least.

No one said they were sorry. I just refused to leave (with my Husband saying "Honey, maybe we should do as they say") I knew I was right, they were wrong. I think a lot of people did leave. It was a very confusing and intimidating scene, no fun at all.

at 3:45 mark is when Bono went back and gave Sam a kick to get his attention and go find Phil . you see near end when Phil pops his head back in but Bono does not know that he has surfaced

At songs end Phil runs out and they have a quick discussion

Oh, one more thing I thought was cool. Those that left the inner circle b/c of security, when they did come back, people on the rail that stayed were giving them their spots back, which I thought was great. They could have easily said "oh, sucks for you".
U2 Fans - Very classy!:applaud:

So they didn't make everyone leave? I thought that they had made everyone leave, and then they realized their mistake. How many people were able to stay? And all they said was sorry?

its not as if they did not try and it was not a case of them realizing they were wrong . the intent was the wanted the whole pit emptied out . they tried and tried. if not for those that remained defiant they would have succeeded . Plus, when that next wave of 250-300 were let in from outside they lost control of the situation . it was hundreds of fans vs Rex, several cops , and some security ....had that next wave from outside been held off another 5 minutes the cops would have broke the will of more fans ....

what a nightmare it would have been for all those that waited since Sunday , in the cold and the rain ....

and as far as i know there was no apology

Hey Guys,

Yeah, she must have had LOTS of free time. But I love mine - it's so cute!

Yeah, she must have had LOTS of free time. But I love mine - it's so cute!

Bono_212 recorded some of it - dont' know if she posted it yet.

Most people stood their ground (or sat on it). I don't know exactly how many left but not very many b/c I was on the outer rail watching the whole thing and I didn't really notice anyone leaving.

Oh, one more thing I thought was cool. Those that left the inner circle b/c of security, when they did come back, people on the rail that stayed were giving them their spots back, which I thought was great. They could have easily said "oh, sucks for you".
U2 Fans - Very classy!:applaud:

very cool.

when I was looking for a ticket for Discotheque, I walked down the line asking anyone if they had a ticket for face value. one guy laughed right at me saying "Face value, yeah right, good luck." So when I found not one but three ppl willing to sell me their extra ticket at face value, I threw it in his face a little.

great pics everyone, again great show.

sorry to hear about the security fiasco that happened, sounds like a total clusterfuck. Im glad you all made it back in though. Maybe security is too much for "Rex", im sure the wal mart across the street from the death star could use a new greeter.

Hope some of you all make it to Norman, gonna be another great show.

LOL! LOVE IT! :laugh:

when I was looking for a ticket for Discotheque, I walked down the line asking anyone if they had a ticket for face value. one guy laughed right at me saying "Face value, yeah right, good luck." So when I found not one but three ppl willing to sell me their extra ticket at face value, I threw it in his face a little.

AMAZING pics Maryann...that last one, WOW. Larry's looking RIGHT. AT. YOU. *freakout* :ohmy:

Like: "whadda YOU lookin at???"

I did record some of the fiasco, i'm not certain you can tell what's going on in it though. If anyone's interested I'll upload it.

Re: Bono during MOS, I did just remember something. At the end of the show, he and Larry were chatting and Bono had a smile on his face, so I'm going to assume he was ok.

my pics

Hey folks,

Here is a link to my Flickr set of photos from the Dallas show. Hope you like them, and let me know if there are any troubles with the links!

U2 - Dallas, TX - 10/12/09 - a set on Flickr

4012401627_a74a676923.jpg

Sidenote: my friend and I were literally the FIRST people stopped by REX from going into the pit. He actually physically kept us from getting in. I felt like a little kid being told what to do by a mean P.E. teacher. We hurriedly decided to run to the outer rail, where we ended up 2nd row center...not a bad spot, actually. Once the pit opened back up, we probably should have gone inside and tried for the outer edge of the inner circle, but it was just a confusing time, so we stuck it out.

hey! were you in that group of people in your first picture? i was in the group right behind that group...i was #178 in line.

-dan

hey! were you in that group of people in your first picture? i was in the group right behind that group...i was #178 in line.

-dan

hey dan,

no, but very close! i was #182. i was in a blue texas longhorns shirt with a black track jacket over it. i recognize you from your picture with bono's glasses on...which is totally awesome, by the way!

Back
Top Bottom