October 01, 2009 at Charlottesville, VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back at the hotel from the show. Amazing overall performance - the sound quality blew away the concrete behemoth that is Fedex Field. Had a great spot on the rail at the front of Red Zone (Adam's side). A bit disappointed that the songs played were so similar to DC. Too many overenthusiastic college kids hanging on the bridges. One guy actually made it on top of the bridge after Adam just walked by - security was on him in a millisecond. Took photos which I will post later in the week.

very good show. for me, personally, i was much more into the DC show -- it had been 4 years since my last U2 show, and i pretty much lost it and myself.

tonight was arguably a better performance, and i was very close, just 5 people back from the outer rail almost center stage, just a bit to Adam's side. i was a bit disappointed that the songs were virtually identical to the DC show with the inclusion of NLOTH this time (which sounded fantastic -- they should open the show with that).

i lost myself on Tuesday night, tonight i studied the show and watched them perform. i think the show works best from a bit further back, but it was quite a thing to see the steam literally rising off Bono's head. i wish i'd brought a camera.

MOS was the best song of the night.

Holy !!!!!!!!!!!

FANTASTIC !!!!!!:drool:

Ntwalar is dead on the sound was AMAZING :drool:

I was dying to hear MW & NYD Two songs not played at Chicago & they were tonight:up::up:

I cannot explain it but Bono came out like a Lion w/ so much passion & energy right outta the gate

Ba Ba:hug: & I were Outside Rail Front Row Edge's Side right against the rail which was nice to lean on:ohmy:

Two teenage boys were inside pit six rows back Edge's Side & both said very good time they did say it was a Female who jumped up on the movable bridge when Adam was on it and again Ntwalar is right Security was on her in one second

Two nicest people next to Ba Ba & me...I wish they were our permanent Concert buddies he works in Special Forces & she a Special Ed Teacher for little kids they were great to be around all night:up:

Gold Parking Pass paid off big time I was parked right next to Scott Stadium

SPECTACULAR NIGHT !!!!!

Great show, better crowd energy than DC (and not having people talk throughout the whole show was nice)

Had Red Zone 1 (front row on rail with my 2 boys, 6 and 9). One of the roadies came over during Ultraviolet and gave them setlists - needless to say, they were thrilled

thought it was a better show than fed ex, better energy, and the band seemed a bit more excited. at fed ex i stayed in red zone 1 the whole show, but last night i was inner circle 5 back on edges side till UF then went to the back of the floor. it's like night and day, two completely different concerts. in the cirlce it's nice seeing the band close up and feels like a club show, but to really appreciate the beauty of willies creation you need to watch from the back. the show looks astonishing from the soundboard and the sound was perfect. i often found myself not looking at the band at all but rather looking at the staging with the music as the soundtrack. great show.

Bono was very on tonight. in energy and in voice.

Can't agreed any more!
I thought it was his best voice since the 90's.

UF with all the visual accoutrement was the highlight for me.

IMO the staging was the show & the great music was the accompaniment.

IMG_0777.JPG

For anyone w/ GA I am telling you Outside Rail Edge's Side get on that black rail thingy it is The SupremeO Spot:up:

We were going to try for Edge's side, but it filled up too fast. So my friend and I grabbed one of the last spots on Adam's side both nights we went. :drool:

Thanks for the reviews everyone! Glad to see NLOTH is back in the show. :up:

Back
Top Bottom