Oct 23rd - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Newschopper 7 picked up this scene in front of Sam Boyd Stadium this morning...LOL...

passed_out_people.jpg

Another great show, it was nice to meet Sicy and everyone right before we went in. I had nose bleeds for this one, and while it was fun to be at back and "see the whole show", wife and I agree, it's just not as much fun as being close. Sunday we have great seats so I hope it's as fun as the inner circle, with less hassle!

PS my wife cracks up when people know me as "Chrisedge" as opposed to just Chris...

So exhausted but Elevation rocking in my head! Got inner circle front rail between Bono and Adam. People next to me were awesome and people just behind didn't smush us! The bridge was just to one side of me when it stopped and Bono did a reaching across thebridges bit with Edge! Awesome! Nicv was with Ethan and Carlos on that rail.
Entry was messed up after getting through bag check. Confusion as to which hall to take to get on field to inner circle. ( entry was midfield)
barely got a rail spot. Lots of people back around 100 on the rail. People spreading out 6 feet to save space not cool.
Other than that great crowd! I have to work on photos tomorrow- flying today back to RI- but I got some great ones of Adam especially. It was funny because he saw me taking a lot of photos and looked right at me halfway through and gave a wink. At the end before they left he looked at me and pointed twice and said " I like that, ilike that!" with a big smile! So cool.
Returning home. Will look for updates from the group heading to CA !

Wow, what a show. Have to see what the people down front felt but I was blown away by the show. The perfect setting for the 360 tour was Sam Boyd Stadium with its intimate setting. It provided for a fast faced energy filled night that felt you were inside an arena. With a sound system second to none and expansive stage and video system, the show kept the entire crowd on its feet from start to finish.

The show easily blew away the ghosts of the Pop Mart tour and easily rivaled the best shows from the Zoo, Elevation and Vertigo tours. I was skeptical of this show but the skepticism soon vanished as Bono ripped off 3 songs from NLOTH. The crowd was engaged but not really hooked until Mysterious Ways & I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking took off. The frenzy continued until after the second to last song With Or Without You” and ended peacefully with "Moment of Surrender".

The surprises for the show were 2 songs off NLOTH, "Unknown Caller" & "I Won't Go Crazy".' They way they performed those songs were brilliant. The old classics "The Unforgettable Fire", "Until The End Of The World", & “Ultraviolet” were excellent as well. The setlist was the same as the Arizona show.

Elvis was in the house. Bono sings a little Viva Las Vegas and makes many references to Vegas. And mentions the 42nd President William Jefferson Clinton twice during the show. The Black Eyed Peas opened the show with a surprisingly good high energy 45 minute set.

U2 is like fine wine, they just keep getting better with age. You won't want to miss them this tour.

Another great show, it was nice to meet Sicy and everyone right before we went in. I had nose bleeds for this one, and while it was fun to be at back and "see the whole show", wife and I agree, it's just not as much fun as being close. Sunday we have great seats so I hope it's as fun as the inner circle, with less hassle!

PS my wife cracks up when people know me as "Chrisedge" as opposed to just Chris...

I had seats in sec. 125 which was about a 45 degree angle to the stage and the seats were definitely sweet at that location. Like you said, not the same as being down front but nice to see it from a different perspective.

I was in section 127.. so I we didn't meet too many. I delivered some water/food to some friends in the GA line.. Suzy? Dan? are you guys up yet?

Anyways.. I visited with them for a bit, then went back to the hotel since I had a seat.

This was one of the most awesome concerts I have ever been too! I think that U2 was definitely enjoying the energy. You could see it in his face, the bands feeding off the crowd's energy. I was amazed. I don't think anyone sat down at all.

I'm listening to the 1000mikes that was recorded last night.. can those recordings be cleaned up?

Just curious..

I so wish I could of meet more people in line.. maybe next year?

Just talked toa guy in the Phoenix airport who went to the AZ and Boston shows. ;) everyone loves u2 :)
I'm still high in a cloud from last night. U2 afterglow :love:
Can't wait for more dates! Nicole, Ethan ,Carlos, wildhoney, Maryann , romi, chels82, imnotpolly , leafsfan, sicy, kafrun, mtnfox, Dan, thanks for such an incredible time!! I'd love abootleg of the show if anyone made one!

I was stunned when I walked into the stadium by how small it felt - (in a good way) - so glad that we made a last minute, Friday morning decision to fly from LA to the show. The band seemed totally energized and as though they were simply having a blast!! Can't wait for Sunday!

We had amazing seats on Edge's side toward front, almost felt you could reach out and touch them :drool: Hearing the IGC bit was a great surprise and loved Bono's Elvis impression :love:

A few photos from before the show:

bonovegas2seapeny-1.jpg

bonovegas1seapeny-1.jpg

bonovegascamiyak.jpg

vegasrehearsal1seapeny-1.jpg

vegasrehearsal2seapeny-1.jpg

vegasrehearsal3seapeny.jpg

:heart:
EdgeVegasseapeny-1.jpg

U2 rocks the dust bowl in Vegas!!!!!!

An amazing U2 experience. U2 was very polished and the claw was spectacular during Ultraviolent. I didn't think I would appreciate the remix of crazy but it was actually a highlight for me. However, I think a song like Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World would fit the setlist better than Stuck In A Moment!!!!! The dust from the parking lot was worse than the smell of all the pot!!!!!!!!!
:wave:

Great pics so far everyone! Keep them coming!

So I had an absolutely amazing time. So much fun at the huge gathering. I am so lucky to have finally met so many Interference people that I am already familiar with online. I updated my whos met who list in LS. I had sooo much fun. A few pics from the gathering.

From left me, beegee, RedrocksU2, FitzChivalry, redkat and anadgemila.
vegas-034.jpg

Fitz, Nicv, beegee, Redrocks, Kariann, anadgemila
vegas-030.jpg

kafrun, karinlv, me and Outsider
vegas-027.jpg

kaf, Thora, me
vegas-023.jpg

beegee, corianderstem, me
vegas-032.jpg

ramblin rose, me, WildHoney
vegas-017.jpg

Show day

DRay, me, cori, chels, martha
v2.jpg

I'll throw in a couple tourist-y shots..

vegas-009.jpg

vegas-010.jpg

vegas-014.jpg

The rest are on FB.

I managed to get a shot of the stadium coming in on the plane. That got me SO EXCITED.

vegas-001.jpg

The show, was awesome! We had GA but decided we didnt want to deal with the whole line thing and sitting on concrete all day so we arrived around 5pm (yes we just missed Bono apparently, story of my life). We listened to sound check for a while which was cool. Met some more Interference people. Gates opened around 5:30. We watched the whole GA line go in and we just waited till the end of the line got close and then got in. The news was there and I believe we got filmed right before they let us in but who knows if its going to be on TV.

From our short experience, the line seemed very organized, security knew what they were doing and everything seemed to go smoothly. They took forever to put the GA wristbands on us though. And the wristbands arent as cute and pretty as the Vertigo ones. Just plain orange. I'm keeping it anyway though.

Walking up the stairs and getting the first glimpse of the CLAW was just amazing. I was in awe of the claw. Its so BIG!! It took up the whole end of the stadium. From afar it almost looked like the claw legs were in the stands. So we struggled with where we wanted to be. We had originally planned to just hang out by the soundboard but there was still so much space in the front of GA behind the outer rail, and, STILL letting people into the inner circle. So we got a stamp and walked into the inner circle to check it out, but decided that we wanted a view further away so we could take more of it in. It was my only show this tour so I really wanted to SEE the claw, and the whole band, and the screen, etc. So we went back out to GA and settled along the right side rail on Adam's side. Ended up the spot was pretty cool for when Bono or the band walked around the circle, and on the bridges, but seeing straight ahead to the stage didnt work out quite so well. Plus we had the tallest people EVER in front of us, of course lol. So about 5 songs from the end of the show we decided to go back to the soundboard to get a different view and perspective. It was pretty awesome back there. The GA in the back was EMPTY! Plenty of room. And the view was perfect, we could see the band on stage and the entire claw and it was just so cool.

One gripe I had was that there were SO MANY beer vendors and all I wanted was water.. couldnt find it. No I dont want red vines, or peanuts or beer lol. You'd think they'd want people to be hydrated so that they wont be passing out all over the place.

I know my pictures kind of suck, and most are blurry but I'll post the least blurry ones.

v0.jpg

From the right side rail Adam's side:

v19.jpg

v21.jpg

v17.jpg

v8.jpg

v29.jpg

v42.jpg

v30.jpg

An amazing U2 experience. U2 was very polished and the claw was spectacular during Ultraviolent. I didn't think I would appreciate the remix of crazy but it was actually a highlight for me. However, I think a song like Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World would fit the setlist better than Stuck In A Moment!!!!!

Yeah, Crazy is the highlight of every show for me too. And TTTYAATW would be awesome. :drool:

I'm exhausted, and have no voice to speak of, but I had a completely and utterly awesome time. I met so many Interferencers, and loved every minute of it.

Laughed a lot, and had an awesome time dancing and jumping my fool ass off in the back of GA with chels82, joyfulgirl, zoney and schmeg. Jimmy Iovine was in the light tower enclosure behind us, and Paul McGuiness came by to survey all of his creation. Chels and I were all yelling and pointing like "OMG IT'S YOU! HEY YOU!" (very classy), but he ignored us (can't imagine why). Then zoney talked to him for a quick moment (gist of the brief conversation "Yes, this is going much better than last time we played here.").

I did, however, get a smile and a nod from will.i.am, who was in the enclosure for a while. Huzzah for my brush with fame. Speaking of BEP, they were so loud. The bass made my clothes vibrate! They were fun. Silly, but pretty fun.

Show was awesome. LOTS of space way in the back, and pockets of space all up through GA - a few of us checked out parts from various sections. I've decided I absolutely love being in the back of GA, because I can dance and jump all I want and see the entire stage. Awesome!

Definitely had a better view of the band themselves than in Chicago, since they were a good deal closer. So that was cool.

Can we do it again? :sad:

I managed to get a shot of the stadium coming in on the plane. That got me SO EXCITED.

One gripe I had was that there were SO MANY beer vendors and all I wanted was water.. couldnt find it. No I dont want red vines, or peanuts or beer lol. You'd think they'd want people to be hydrated so that they wont be passing out all over the place.

Nice aerial shot, Sicy. :)

I wasn't at the Vegas show, but yes, that seems to be the case at every venue I've been. All beer and no water. :tsk:

Great pics Sicy. You guys had a blast. I'm still bummed I couldn't go, but there is next year. You will meet Bono someday, I promise.

OH I forgot to mention that Ali and Will I Am walked by together right past our seats. :cute: (minutes before U2 hit the stage)

I also heard that Paris Hilton was there and she posted on Twitter asking who was the headliner, BEP or U2. WUT?? :crack:

I also heard that Paris Hilton was there and she posted on Twitter asking who was the headliner, BEP or U2. WUT?? :crack:

Oh brother. :rolleyes: (my daughters saw her walk past us too)
Someone next to us pointed out Sean Penn but I missed him. I guess the VIP area was right below our seats somewhere.

I guess the VIP area was right below our seats somewhere.

The section right in front of the soundboard looked really packed - there were also people in the enclosure in front of the light tower on Adam's side, which is where I was hanging. Paul McG, Jimmy Iovine and will.i.am were all in there at some point, with some other people who may or may not have been famous. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom