Oct 23rd - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Oct 23rd - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas

Pics, experiences, reviews, here.

neutral @ interference.com
Old 10-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:44 AM
Newschopper 7 picked up this scene in front of Sam Boyd Stadium this morning...LOL...

Old 10-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
has a

Local Time: 06:44 AM
From the RZ2:

The cool man.

An okay pic, but I love Bono admiring his stage.

FIST BUMP!!!

(Am I the first one awake? )

Mark
Old 10-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

awesome pics mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love the fist bump pic!
Old 10-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
Fan & Taper

Local Time: 05:44 AM
Another great show, it was nice to meet Sicy and everyone right before we went in. I had nose bleeds for this one, and while it was fun to be at back and "see the whole show", wife and I agree, it's just not as much fun as being close. Sunday we have great seats so I hope it's as fun as the inner circle, with less hassle!

PS my wife cracks up when people know me as "Chrisedge" as opposed to just Chris...
Old 10-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
War Child

So exhausted but Elevation rocking in my head! Got inner circle front rail between Bono and Adam. People next to me were awesome and people just behind didn't smush us! The bridge was just to one side of me when it stopped and Bono did a reaching across thebridges bit with Edge! Awesome! Nicv was with Ethan and Carlos on that rail.
Entry was messed up after getting through bag check. Confusion as to which hall to take to get on field to inner circle. ( entry was midfield)
barely got a rail spot. Lots of people back around 100 on the rail. People spreading out 6 feet to save space not cool.
Other than that great crowd! I have to work on photos tomorrow- flying today back to RI- but I got some great ones of Adam especially. It was funny because he saw me taking a lot of photos and looked right at me halfway through and gave a wink. At the end before they left he looked at me and pointed twice and said " I like that, ilike that!" with a big smile! So cool.
Returning home. Will look for updates from the group heading to CA !
Old 10-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
The Fly

Wow, what a show. Have to see what the people down front felt but I was blown away by the show. The perfect setting for the 360 tour was Sam Boyd Stadium with its intimate setting. It provided for a fast faced energy filled night that felt you were inside an arena. With a sound system second to none and expansive stage and video system, the show kept the entire crowd on its feet from start to finish.

The show easily blew away the ghosts of the Pop Mart tour and easily rivaled the best shows from the Zoo, Elevation and Vertigo tours. I was skeptical of this show but the skepticism soon vanished as Bono ripped off 3 songs from NLOTH. The crowd was engaged but not really hooked until Mysterious Ways & I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking took off. The frenzy continued until after the second to last song With Or Without You” and ended peacefully with "Moment of Surrender".

The surprises for the show were 2 songs off NLOTH, "Unknown Caller" & "I Won't Go Crazy".' They way they performed those songs were brilliant. The old classics "The Unforgettable Fire", "Until The End Of The World", & “Ultraviolet” were excellent as well. The setlist was the same as the Arizona show.

Elvis was in the house. Bono sings a little Viva Las Vegas and makes many references to Vegas. And mentions the 42nd President William Jefferson Clinton twice during the show. The Black Eyed Peas opened the show with a surprisingly good high energy 45 minute set.

U2 is like fine wine, they just keep getting better with age. You won't want to miss them this tour.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #8
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
Another great show, it was nice to meet Sicy and everyone right before we went in. I had nose bleeds for this one, and while it was fun to be at back and "see the whole show", wife and I agree, it's just not as much fun as being close. Sunday we have great seats so I hope it's as fun as the inner circle, with less hassle!

PS my wife cracks up when people know me as "Chrisedge" as opposed to just Chris...

I had seats in sec. 125 which was about a 45 degree angle to the stage and the seats were definitely sweet at that location. Like you said, not the same as being down front but nice to see it from a different perspective.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #9
The Fly

Local Time: 04:44 AM
I was in section 127.. so I we didn't meet too many. I delivered some water/food to some friends in the GA line.. Suzy? Dan? are you guys up yet?

Anyways.. I visited with them for a bit, then went back to the hotel since I had a seat.

This was one of the most awesome concerts I have ever been too! I think that U2 was definitely enjoying the energy. You could see it in his face, the bands feeding off the crowd's energy. I was amazed. I don't think anyone sat down at all.

I'm listening to the 1000mikes that was recorded last night.. can those recordings be cleaned up?

Just curious..

I so wish I could of meet more people in line.. maybe next year?
Old 10-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #10
War Child

Just talked toa guy in the Phoenix airport who went to the AZ and Boston shows. everyone loves u2
I'm still high in a cloud from last night. U2 afterglow
Can't wait for more dates! Nicole, Ethan ,Carlos, wildhoney, Maryann , romi, chels82, imnotpolly , leafsfan, sicy, kafrun, mtnfox, Dan, thanks for such an incredible time!! I'd love abootleg of the show if anyone made one!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
The Fly

Local Time: 12:44 PM
I was stunned when I walked into the stadium by how small it felt - (in a good way) - so glad that we made a last minute, Friday morning decision to fly from LA to the show. The band seemed totally energized and as though they were simply having a blast!! Can't wait for Sunday!
Old 10-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:44 AM
We had amazing seats on Edge's side toward front, almost felt you could reach out and touch them Hearing the IGC bit was a great surprise and loved Bono's Elvis impression

A few photos from before the show:

Old 10-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #13
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BAW View Post
Newschopper 7 picked up this scene in front of Sam Boyd Stadium this morning...LOL...

THIS is funny andbelievable! A lot of people couldn't get cabs
Old 10-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Awesome pics Bonocomet
Old 10-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #15
Refugee

Those are great pics bonocomet. Thanks for sharing.