Oct 23rd - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those G10 shots look good - would be nice to see larger ones. Do you have the photobucket "resize" option selected?

Hi, thanks! I have some others too and I'll put them on flickr where they can be seen in a larger size. I was a little disappointed in how few photos came out decently. Adam was easy to get shots of. Bono is another story. White spotlight and distance/movement I guess. Did a lot of post processing on the Bono shots. Another thing I have to practice. I had custom settings of no flash, hi iso option, image stabilizer, continuous focus, exposure down one stop, in program mode. Maybe I should have done it in shutter priority?
I'll post the flicker link in a little bit

IMG_4505.jpg

Whoa...crazy Nike AIR on Larry!

Hey everybody. I didn't really meet anyone at 9 Fine but I was there for about 45 minutes, I guess I was being kind of shy and didn't walk up to anyone and start talking. It was kind of low key in the beginning, everyone just kind of looking at each other thinking, ok who are you? Anyway I know I saw Sicy, recognized your pic from your avatar. I talked to a nice couple from Australia, and a few other men, one from Denver. My husband wanted to leave so we did.

My seat turned out to be in the first row behind the stage. It didn't totally suck but it wasn't that great either. The boys did venture to the back several times but still, it seemed so far away. I guess that's what happens after you've been in the front row on the front side a couple times, it kind of ruins you for anything else.

But I did get to take in alot that I missed being up so close in Toronto...the lights, the screen, the crowd... and I got my tshirt that said LAS VEGAS on it before the show, I heard from a guy I ran into at the airport that they ran out of them, so I'm so glad I decided to get it on my way in.

It was definitely a night to remember. Oh and I met Ladywiththespinning head and 2 of her friends at the MGM lunch buffet on Thursday. I knew if I wore my Vertigo tshirt I would run into somebody, and I did!

Hi, thanks! I have some others too and I'll put them on flickr where they can be seen in a larger size. I was a little disappointed in how few photos came out decently. Adam was easy to get shots of. Bono is another story. White spotlight and distance/movement I guess. Did a lot of post processing on the Bono shots. Another thing I have to practice. I had custom settings of no flash, hi iso option, image stabilizer, continuous focus, exposure down one stop, in program mode. Maybe I should have done it in shutter priority?
I'll post the flicker link in a little bit

I had the same trouble with my camera...too much white light and too much motion....I tried fiddling around with it, but finally just gave up

We stopped in the party also.....but I had a very big problem.....laryingitis....it started on Tuesday and was in full force on Thursday...I could not talk....no one could understand anything I was saying....and my husband was tired of trying to do all my talking for everything...he even had to order food for me...I just did a lot of pointing and tugging on his shirt while we were there....so, unfortunately, we decided to go, I wish I could have met all of you guys!

Best band and most photographed band in the world. Great photos everyone. Loved hearing some of In God's Country; wished it were more...but I am satisfied with what was given. Great to have met people from all over the world.

Funny but earlier in the day I said they should sing In God's country because some of the lyrics were apt and sure enough, they snipped it it! I :love: that song.

I have a U2 curse on my camera - every single photo I took in Vegas, including all the shots of the BEPs are on the memory card but the U2 pics are missing! This is so bizarre...(and heartbreaking after I actually forgot the memory card at home for Toronto 1)

Well, I'm finally home. I don't think I have the words right now for how AMAZING the show was on Friday night. Walking up to the stadium and seeing the claw right in front of you on the field?! Both my friend and I gasped "holy fuck" at the same time! :lol: The show was incredible, we had great seats, despite the idiots around us who were sitting down through most of the show, or yelling out songs they wanted to hear. We rocked out and had an absolute blast.

Was so great to meet everyone at the Nine Fine - I met so many of you, it may take me a bit to remember all your names. It was a fun evening.

My only complaint was the clusterfuck of trying to get back to the Strip after the show was over. We got to the stadium originally by bus, and as my friend had hurt her foot, we decided to leave once the show was over instead of joining the after-party at the Sienna. We got in line for the bus, and waited there forever, before we decided to walk and find another bus stop. We walked for what felt like miles, with my poor friend limping the entire way. We tried (as well as many others) to flag down cabs, but they wouldn't stop, or wanted $100 to take us back to the hotel. NO way. We eventually manage to get on a bus, and were back in our room by about 2:30. :crack: Despite that frustration, it was an awesome show, and I'm so glad I got to go!

I'll upload pictures probably later tonight or tomorrow, and some videos too. I haven't looked at them yet, but I think I got some good shots. :D

Hey everybody. I didn't really meet anyone at 9 Fine but I was there for about 45 minutes, I guess I was being kind of shy and didn't walk up to anyone and start talking. It was kind of low key in the beginning, everyone just kind of looking at each other thinking, ok who are you? Anyway I know I saw Sicy, recognized your pic from your avatar. I talked to a nice couple from Australia, and a few other men, one from Denver. My husband wanted to leave so we did.

My seat turned out to be in the first row behind the stage. It didn't totally suck but it wasn't that great either. The boys did venture to the back several times but still, it seemed so far away. I guess that's what happens after you've been in the front row on the front side a couple times, it kind of ruins you for anything else.

But I did get to take in alot that I missed being up so close in Toronto...the lights, the screen, the crowd... and I got my tshirt that said LAS VEGAS on it before the show, I heard from a guy I ran into at the airport that they ran out of them, so I'm so glad I decided to get it on my way in.

It was definitely a night to remember. Oh and I met Ladywiththespinning head and 2 of her friends at the MGM lunch buffet on Thursday. I knew if I wore my Vertigo tshirt I would run into somebody, and I did!

Hi! :wave:

Me, too - I didn't recognize anyone either when I first arrived but probably because I was inside at the party seemed to be outside. I did look for you but I think by the time you had arrived I had discovered their secret location.

Nice to meet you by the way! :yes:

Hi! :wave:

Nope, I don't think so - how do I check?
I have the pics from just prior to U2 and after U2 but not the band themselves :hmm:

Maybe your camera switched to internal memory at some point? Not sure, every camera is different but you can try to check with the memory card out.

it was GREAT meeting you guys at the party and in line!

I think I was supposed to go to your room after the show but couldn't remember the room number Carlos told me - I thought it was 12203 but there was no 12203.
Unless he deliberately pointed me in the wrong direction :hmm:

:wink:

Thanks Sicy - I'll try that!

I think I was supposed to go to your room after the show but couldn't remember the room number Carlos told me - I thought it was 12203 but there was no 12203.
Unless he deliberately pointed me in the wrong direction :hmm:

:wink:

Thanks Sicy - I'll try that!

well.... that was the right room number. building 12, room 203. But I took longer getting back to the hotel, so the party was moved up a floor:lol:

Vegas was awesome!!! The 2 or 3 guys running the GA line were fantastic-- hats off to them. I think their names were Vic and Pat? They made it a great day for hundreds of people. They spent the night outside taking names and giving out numbers while telling everyone to go get some sleep and be back at 6am. Very cool guys! I believe the count was around 250 by 6am.

The Claw looked so tiny inside of Sam Boyd Stadium-- it really felt like an arena show. The fans around us were totally cool-- zero pushing and shoving inside the circle. My personal highlights were Until the End of the World and Ultraviolet. UTEOTW really just brought the house down!!!

Here are a few pics from our spot, 2nd row center inside the circle. It was a perfect night!!!!!

13473-albums228-picture1667.jpg

13473-albums228-picture1666.jpg

13473-albums228-picture1664.jpg

13473-albums228-picture1663.jpg

13473-albums228-picture1662.jpg

:wave: Hey everyone! Woohoo! Vegas Baby! What a blast!

I have pics and stories, and more stories, and drunken pics and drunken stories.....but it's late and I just got back from the Vegas/LA road trip so it will have to wait until tomorrow!

Great time! Great show! Great people! Miss it already :(

The show was awesome! I met a lot of U2 fans, just from my hotel alone. Pretty much everyone agreed the show was amazing! :applaud:

Great show, but Sam Boyd is an aweful venue to attempt a show the scale of an act like U2 as the infrastructure and staffing is woefully in adequate.

Loved In God's Country snippet and certainly appropriate given the venue (especially since we did a Grand Canyon tour the next day where we drove past a Joshua tree "forrest"). Also loved the Viva Las Vegas and band introductions with references to various Vegas entertainers....Bono's "and I'm Wayne Newton" is simply classic. Black Eyed Peas were suprisingly good...not my normal genra of music and I would have much preferred Snow Patrol as they were awesome in Chicago...but BEP's was perfect in my wife's opinoin.

The venue was pathetic. For a venue that knows a large portion of it's attendees will come from the strip, the lack of transportation was stunning. Cabs are just not realistic as the prices were aweful and we tried for the return trip...but there had to be a 1000 people lined up waiting for cabs that were showing up at alarming slow intervals (and we left with a couple songs to go). We did the bus in complete with the 2 transfers and going a long stretch on a bus that was basically stopping at every stop as it was attempting to accomodate local users trying to go about their every day business. We took about 1.5 hours getting in and were fully prepared to pay $50-60 to get back to the strip...but alas the lines for the cabs before the show was even over were beyond ridiculous. Last the venue was grossly understaffed from a security and staffing standpoint. We got to the stadium at 6:15 and the lines of people trying to get in were incredible. No doubt BEP were late starting to try to compensate for the fact that there were masses of people still trying to get in at 7 (any other opening act this tour not start right around 7?). The wrist band procedure was ridiculously slow as they should have double or triple the people doing that as they did.

Overall an awesome U2 show in an "intimate" setting, but as for future road trips...Vegas will be real low on the list as the logistics are simply poor.

Vegas was awesome!!! The 2 or 3 guys running the GA line were fantastic-- hats off to them. I think their names were Vic and Pat? They made it a great day for hundreds of people. They spent the night outside taking names and giving out numbers while telling everyone to go get some sleep and be back at 6am. Very cool guys! I believe the count was around 250 by 6am.

The Claw looked so tiny inside of Sam Boyd Stadium-- it really felt like an arena show. The fans around us were totally cool-- zero pushing and shoving inside the circle. My personal highlights were Until the End of the World and Ultraviolet. UTEOTW really just brought the house down!!!

Here are a few pics from our spot, 2nd row center inside the circle. It was a perfect night!!!!!

13473-albums228-picture1667.jpg

13473-albums228-picture1666.jpg

13473-albums228-picture1664.jpg

13473-albums228-picture1663.jpg

13473-albums228-picture1662.jpg

Nice photos! Hey, you weren't in Red Zone in Pasadena were you? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom