Oct 23rd - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, and one more way cool thing: I was staying in the desert 50 miles south of town, and over the mountains separating the city from the desert, a cloud of the steam from the top of the Claw was lingering for hours. :)

And, of course, it was a blast meeting even more Interferencers and reconnecting with many others. I really :heart: Interference and the Feedbackians.

And Chris, I still owe you a drink for your Phoenix Vertigo recording.

veagsbonocoatseapeny-1.jpg

:faint::combust::heart::up:

I have HD video of Bono doing ALL of Viva Las Vegas, but our hotel connection sucks so it'll take forever to upload. When I get home on Tues., I'll put it up.

Again, nice photos, everyone. Great to meet those of you I did if even briefly. Next summer, I'm committing to at least 6 shows (and fan gatherings), so I hope to meet more and talk for longer.

M

I will be excited to see this!! that was a highlight for me :hyper::hyper::hyper: :up:

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

Photos from the concert to come. May take me a little time. Using a new photo program and I shot these in RAW image files.

Who is the fellow on far right? he seemed familiar to me, but I do not remember his name? anyway...he was just great ALL DAY :heart::heart::heart: he must have walked that GA line 100 times informing everyone and checking to make sure everyone was cool and there wer no line jumpers....love to thank him if I could

Oh, and one more way cool thing: I was staying in the desert 50 miles south of town, and over the mountains separating the city from the desert, a cloud of the steam from the top of the Claw was lingering for hours. :)

And, of course, it was a blast meeting even more Interferencers and reconnecting with many others. I really :heart: Interference and the Feedbackians.

And Chris, I still owe you a drink for your Phoenix Vertigo recording.

I was so happy to meet you Martha! Even though it was for about 30 seconds!

My random pic of the cotton candy vendor inside the GA circle
:lol: I found it hilarious that he was trying to sell cotton candy to a bunch of people who had been in the hot sun all day...just get me some water, dude!
DSC00136-1.jpg

Who is the fellow on far right? he seemed familiar to me, but I do not remember his name? anyway...he was just great ALL DAY :heart::heart::heart: he must have walked that GA line 100 times informing everyone and checking to make sure everyone was cool and there wer no line jumpers....love to thank him if I could

That's Vic. one of the guys who started the line. He was getting people sunscreen, was trying to get someone an extra chair, he got a little kid some earplugs off a security guard once in the pit-he was the best line leader ever.
all my captions for the photos stayed on photobucket. hmmm.

Pictures by kassie67_photos - Photobucket

see if this link works
And my camera chose this particular time to display a small red dot on my concert photos. Must be something on the sensor. I can edit them out thankfully, but means more time and a trip to Canon for the camera for repair.

Trial uploading -concert photo:
Adam
IMG_4983.jpg

How do i make these display larger here? I'm using the img link at full size, per photobucket settings...

Finally, I have a little time to post. I feel like writing a lot, so I apologize if it is a boring read. It's more just for me to get everything that was rushing in my head during the show out in writing. :wink: So pardon my spelling and grammatical errors and feel free to skip this if you don't want to read all my silly little details that I remember :D

[GA]
This was my first GA for a U2 concert. I have a feeling that this will probably be my favorite show ever for a long time. Got there a little after 12:00 The GA line was really well handled. I agree that once the line really got going though, some people who I saw arrive a lot later than I did were getting into the stadium at the same time as me. Not sure how that happened. Then I was going to try and get inside the pit, but they directed us to one of the portals to the left that led to the outer field. I was like, uh why are you making me go this way, the inside isn't even filled at all. But it worked out anyway because I ended up basically at the front of the outer rail. A little off to the right from center, in between Larry and Adam. I was only behind a man in a wheelchair who was up against the rail in case anyone was near that area they might have seen me. So I had a clear view of the entire stage and band the whole night! Like others have said I also noticed that before the show vendors were only selling beers. I actually was lucky and got 2 bottles of water while I waited, so I was nice and hydrated :lol:

[BEP]
Holy BASS VIBRATIONS Batman! As soon as the music started I felt like my clothes were shaking off haha. It was cool. You could definitely feel the music. I thought they were great. When they first started, I didn't see many people excited at all or jamming along so I didn't know if I should rock out or not. But I thought, fuck it, I don't care if I look stupid, or no one else wants to have fun, I'm at a "muthafukin' U2 concert and shit" as Will.I.am puts it. So I rocked out. I couldn't see anyone behind me much when I turned around but the inside circle seemed to enjoy them a little bit. I noticed it took until Fergie singing Big Girls Don't Cry before the rest of the crowd started getting into it. Then t(ey started to warm up to BEP a little more as they 2nd half of the set rolled along. It was cool to see everyone's hands waving back and forth for Where Is The Love. I Gotta Feeling was the best song of their set. It really seemed like even the people in the stands were woo-hooing along. They definitely did a great job doing what an opening act is supposed to do. Bring high energy and warm us up for the main event. :up:

[U2]
Bowie playing while the smoke flowed out of the bottom spire was when I realized that it wasn't a YouTube video anymore, the months and months of waiting were over! I was really at U2 in Las Vegas!!! :combust:

I knew they would open with Breathe and people have said on here that once you experience it live, you appreciate and enjoy it more as an opener. Well... I didn't. It was incredible to see the band an$ yes it was much better live than hearing it on bootlegs or cell phone clips, but I still thought it wasn't as good of an opener as they could have had. Boots, which was 2nd, would EASILY have been a better choice. The crowd had a much better reaction to it than Breathe. I'll admit though it still gave me goosebumps to see Bono doing that mouth-open, one-footed, micstand-pumping hop that he always does. Anyway on to the rest of the show, sorry if I get some of the order wrong, I dont remember the exact setlist.

Magnificent was great as always. My favorite off NLOTH. Loved Edge's slide solo. MW got everyone really grooving. More hand waving, looked really cool. Bono's dancing was... interesting :applaud: BD was fantastic but mostly because of IN GOD'S COUNTRY! Omg, I could not believe what I was hearing. The first line I didn't recognize so I was just thinking "Oh cool he must be singing some snippet I don't know" but then I heard him sing the rivers run dry and I went :faint: I knew my mom (who had a seat on Edge's side of the stadium, pretty close) was going crazy as well. Since we live in Vegas we always jokingly sing IGC randomly because of the whole desert theme in the lyrics, so we both we're happy about that after the concert. ISHF was beautiful, and the crowd loooves to sing along to it. That song reminds me most of LV because of the music video. It should be a requirement for any Vegas show, I love it. NLOTH was rockin'. Everyone helped Bono with the wo-o-o-ohs! Stuck was good, but I still wish they would rotate in different acoustic songs instead of just using in the same one every night now. Elevation, wow I think this was probably in the top 3 of crowd excitement. The whole stadium was really jamming. IALW was nice, but I'm not sure about the transition. I kinda understand the idea of elevation being a rocket ship launching and ialw being a man in the peaceful quiet of space, but it's still strange. it will probably look cool on the DVD though. Nice little bit from Frank on the ISS. UC was great. I'm not sure where people keep getting the idea that the crowd doesn't enjoy it. Maybe it was just their specific section or venue but I thought it went over very w%ll. The greek chorus was fun. UTEOTW, everyone knows how good this is, so theres not much to say, it is just such a kickass song. Edge and Bono reaching for eachother as the bridges pull apart was fucking sick. Someone post a good picture of that. TUF was amazing. Really kicked home how special this stage/claw/screen is. Beautiful visuals. COBL got everyone going too. Everyone pumped their hand along to Bono during the chorus. I wish I was like 12 so I could get a pair of Bono's shades. LMAO! Vertigo. Go ahead and hate the song, but you're flat out wrong if you think it shouldn't be in the setlist. It blows the roof off every time.

CT, one of the highlights. The faces on screen are just hilarious no matter how many times I see them. OK BEST PART OF THE CONCERT for me was the part at the end when Bono asks everyone to repeat what hes singing. "i know ill go crazy" and then the crowd says it too. right after he tried his weird squeaky voice and said "ill know ill go crazy if i dont go crayzay" I swear he looked right at me and smiled this huge grin! OMG I'm a guy and yet I knew what it was like to be one of those ladies on PLEBA :love: LOL! It was so cool. I'll rememeber that moment forever.

Back to the show. SBS, I gotta say I was not really that excited to hear it. I mean, they played it great and Edge was really into it when he shredded the solo, but I actually didn't care about hearing it. I think maybe it's because I have heard it at every concert I've been to so far, so it has lost it's luster for me, which makes me sad. MLK was nice, reminds me of R&H. Walk On was good, and I didn't even mind the mask people. More people were holding up her picture than I expected. Nice job Vegas :up: One was good too. Tutu's "AAaaaaaahhhhh!" made me chuckle even in person. AG/Streets was easily my favorite song of the night of course. Its my favorite song EVER, so I went nuts. It's always the most high-energy moment of the show and everyone from top to bottom was moving. So great :heart: UV was 2nd best highlight of the night. The outer rail is just far back enough from the stage that you can see the mirrorball light up at the end, and I looked up just in time to see it start to shine. mind blowing and jaw dropping. I have seen it hundreds of times on YT and my face still went :ohmy: WOWY was pretty. bono hanging his jacket up on the Wii Wheel and having it ascend into the sky got a big pop from the audience, lol. MOS was moving. I really like it as a closer, though I would have loved it more if my legs werent dying at that point. I was ready to surrender to my bed, hur hur hur.

Overall it was one of the best experiences of my life. Best concert ever. I got to see everyone so up close every time they walked around the catwalk. I just still don't believe it was real. My favorite group in the world barely over an arm's length away from me. I almost get choked up thinking of how lucky I am (and we all are) to get to see these guys live playing just for us. The stage has to be seen to be believed. YT doesnt do it justice. Songs were really tight and I didn't notice any huge mistakes or flubbed notes/lyrics. Honestly, everyone says this about their own concert, but I really do think that U2, ESPECIALLY Bono looked like he had such a grea4 time. Like this was one of their favorite stops so far. "I love this place" I heard him say. I can tell he really had a ball. SO DID I!

That little snippet of In God's Country was the highlight of the show for me. For a second, I thought we were gonna get the whole song. Bummed that we didn't but the little bit that we heard sounded sooooooo good. :drool:

I will never get over how gorgeous the claw is. It always looks great in photos, but in person it is stunning.

The pic of Bono with his jacket hanging off the sterring wheel is :cute: I can't believe he was wearing long sleeves under it.

That little snippet of In God's Country was the highlight of the show for me. For a second, I thought we were gonna get the whole song. Bummed that we didn't but the little bit that we heard sounded sooooooo good. :drool:

They also did a snippet of "Fix you" by Coldplay. I thought it was a joke first. Chris Martin must have exploded.

Where do I start the "My Shows Did Not Have Cotton Candy" Bitch Thread:ohmy:

After seeing the guy walk through the GA crowd a few times, I was thinking we would see a post along the lines of: "WHY THE HELL DID THE COTTEN CANDI GUY STAND RIGHT IN FRONT ME FOR THE WHOLE SHOW. THE SHOW WAS RUINED BY MULTICOLORED BAGS OF COTTEN CANDI. RUINED!@!!!111111`1"

*spelling errors done purposely to more accurately reflect people who post stuff like this.

Hey guys, great concert. We got there around 3:00, ended up past the bend in the GA line near the park. We were in the inner circle near the rail on Adam's side. The stage was so high I couldn't figure out how to get a good spot as I'm fairly short. Usually I've been right up next to the stage and I tried that but I couldn't see anything from there. If there's a next time I think I'll try the outer rail. I was disappointed in the crowd, I really like it when people jump around, it seemed like, at least around me, nobody was moving.

That's Vic. one of the guys who started the line. He was getting people sunscreen, was trying to get someone an extra chair, he got a little kid some earplugs off a security guard once in the pit-he was the best line leader ever.
all my captions for the photos stayed on photobucket. hmmm.

Thanks so much....He really was the best:cute: is he here on Interference?

Back
Top Bottom