Oct 23rd - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i could find a cocktail waitress or two or three to marry :)

-dan

There was another bride and groom couple besides Matt & Melissa. The bride on the outer rail was not Melissa, she had on an entirely different dress and style.

Wait, was Melissa the pretty blonde in front of Adam with the groom with the long-ish hair?
She was a few people down from me and I've chatted with her a few times here. I did look at her a couple times to see if it was her but couldn't tell.

Yeah. She had on a pretty all-white dress and running shoes. :lol: And yes, her groom had long, dark-brown hair and a big beard.

The other bride I saw had sort of tight, curly hair. And her white dress was adorned with a lot of colored beadwork. She may have even had a lot of tattoos on her. :scratch:

Some pics we took in Vegas!

One of my favorite moments of the show....:hyper:

P1020276.jpg

Here is my husband Drew and I (Kelli) before the show.

P1020187.jpg

Oh cool! I heard Melissa and Matt spoke to Bono for about 10-15 mins during the day :up:

more like 2-3 minutes! ;) There was a bride and groom (he had long hair and beard, I don't remember what she looked like) that I saw towards the beginning of the GA line later on, that was able to get to the other side of the fence where Bono got out of his car. They took a few pics and talked to him but it wasn't for more than a few minutes :)

You got the picture I wanted to take! :sad: :cry: I was trying to set myself up in position so I would be right there when that happened, but I guesstimated a bit wrong, and I ended up right beneath Bono's bridge when that happened. I did get a cool shot of Edge though.

Awesome pic. :up: I'm super jealous!

There was a bride and groom (he had long hair and beard, I don't remember what she looked like) that I saw towards the beginning of the GA line later on, that was able to get to the other side of the fence where Bono got out of his car.

Yeah, that was Matt & Melissa. :)

Aw, okay, this was coming from a disgruntled fan on the other side of the fence so I guess she exaggerated to make her point :)

there were a lot of crazys on the other side of the fence! I've never seen so many people shaking and screaming "Bono...I want to show you my tattoo....Bono....sign my arm....." The calmer you are the more he'll stay by you. I wanted to punch the girl behind me. I'm short and she kept reaching over my head to try to shove her hand through the fence to touch him. :rolleyes: I just like to see him in person because it's fun to listen to him talk and interact with people. I don't get this whole shaking and freaking out business from some people. :shrug:

Oh cool! I heard Melissa and Matt spoke to Bono for about 10-15 mins during the day :up:
I met them before Bono showed up and talked to Melissa for a little bit. I didn't even recognize her at first, until she said "You're my friend on Interference, right? I'm popbellydancer!" :doh: Silly me. She was very sweet. They talked to Bono for a couple minutes and got the cutest picture with Bono in the middle :D

there were a lot of crazys on the other side of the fence! I've never seen so many people shaking and screaming "Bono...I want to show you my tattoo....Bono....sign my arm....." The calmer you are the more he'll stay by you. I wanted to punch the girl behind me. I'm short and she kept reaching over my head to try to shove her hand through the fence to touch him. :rolleyes: I just like to see him in person because it's fun to listen to him talk and interact with people. I don't get this whole shaking and freaking out business from some people. :shrug:
I found it obnoxious the way many people were screaming "BONO! COME OVER HERE!!" before he was even halfway down the line. I mean, really? Like he's going to stop talking to whoever he's talking to and come straight to you. Patience, people. I don't get it either. I was super excited, but I was able to keep a lid on it :wink:

I met them before Bono showed up and talked to Melissa for a little bit. I didn't even recognize her at first, until she said "You're my friend on Interference, right? I'm popbellydancer!" :doh: Silly me. She was very sweet. They talked to Bono for a couple minutes and got the cutest picture with Bono in the middle :D

I found it obnoxious the way many people were screaming "BONO! COME OVER HERE!!" before he was even halfway down the line. I mean, really? Like he's going to stop talking to whoever he's talking to and come straight to you. Patience, people. I don't get it either. I was super excited, but I was able to keep a lid on it :wink:

I think we walked over there together. I just didn't introduce myself. I was warm and out of cold water so I just wanted to get to the band, snap a few photos, and find some water and shade :flirt: This was the first time I "met" any of them through a fence so I didn't even think it was that big of a deal. Really the only time I've been a little nervous was when I met Edge randomly on a day off from the tour in Chicago a few years ago. We walked by a hotel and he and Brian walked right on out. I almost fainted! So not expecting that one. He posed for pics with us and signed our shirts. But otherwise I always keep a lid on it too :sexywink:

^ Duly noted, nicv! :bonodrum:

You could email them to me and I'll post them full size. Especially the Adam ones. :wink:

I think there are settings in Photobucket controlling how big your uploads display? Not sure, I'd have to play around with it.

:) sorry for the late response! I posted a link to flickr for the set. I can try to email them, just pm me your address. Yeah , it was fun taking photos of Adam. He's got some great poses and you can tell he's thoroughly enjoying himself up there.

:doh: YES!

I remember now! Apologies, so many faces. I kept looking at you both, knowing I knew you from somewhere, :wink:.

Well then it was very nice meeting you! Hope you had great experiences at both shows!

No apologies needed! Believe me, I am the worst when it comes to remembering names or where I know them from. :hmm: :scratch:

I enjoyed meeting you, too, and meeting a lot of the Interferencers I've seen on here. I plan on posting more and not doing as much lurking. :reject:

We're thinking of setting up a committee to help members with their travel arrangements and will be offering chaperoning services for before and after shows for members that have trouble traveling on their own.

:wink:

:lol:
bigwali,
what , do the mods have to provide transport to and from shows,complete with maps, and hand holding trips to the bathroom?
please. Take a little responsibility for yourself. It's not the mods job to ensure your good time.
:huh:

wow, how many brides can you have at one show!:doh:

I was also next to a bride. She was blond and her husband had dark hair and a beard? I was next to them on the inner rail.

That mannequin shot is like wth? Anything goes in Vegas I guess but that's more than odd. Funny though ;)

Um yes I'm catching up On the thread! :doh:
Ethan, no worries- hope changing the settings a little helped! Looks like it! You had some nice shots
I posted mine from the party and concert in links on flickr
Back a few pages ;)
it was a lot of fun hanging out with you guys!

Back
Top Bottom