June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field, Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great concert overall...U2 brought their "A"-game (as always). And Lenny Kravitz was pretty good as well.

My only gripe is that the crowd could've been more lively. I've been to both the Las Vegas and Rose Bowl shows, and those crowds were way more energetic than the one for the Seattle show. Too many rich yuppies and not enough "hardcore" U2 fans, perhaps? :p

Sound quality could have been better as well (some parts sounded muffled, at times).

Lenny Kravitz' set coulda been longer :(

great show from the boys as always, actually a little bit more so.. i thought it was a very
special performance....

liveliness in the crowd was not the greatest as you say, at least for those of us on the floor, i believe the sun was too blame on that one... standing around all day long, only to receive useless wrist bands which did not do a thing to hold your place in line did not help the situation... everybody was obviously drained from the incessant heat beating down on us... no real biggie though... i could still sing my heart out... :)

if anything thats my one gripe... people didnt sing along as much as they should.. c'mon its a u2 SHOw! you'd think at least the GA crowd would know the words... ahh well.. still had a great time..

i can say one thing... SEATTLE girls!! wow! yeah thats what i'm talking about... thanks! y'all sure know how to make a guy feel welcome ..
..:drool:
:love:...

:wink:

as far as the setlist.. S.T.A.Y.!!! FAr aWAy, so ClOSE!!! magical!! God walked through the room :)

that's me all right. justin was right behind me. wait for the movie trailer with music coming soon

I love the way you held that spot for Jen! :hi5:

Great spot Roman!!!:up:

I was in RZ 1 on the rail and I thought the crowd was fantastic! The boys seemed impressed. I was looking up at the nose bleeds and every time I did they were dancing and totally in to it! From where I was the GA seemed in to it??? I was totally in my own world too though being on the rail for the first time..what an incredible show! I did notice that Bono seemed too laid back at times so maybe he was in the sun too much yesterday as well.

Major U2 hangover now! What a great night!

I'm waiting for breakfast before heading out of the Emerald City right now. Some initial thoughts and stuff:
It was great to hang with charmer in the RZ1. Made the time so much enjoyable. Thanks for that bud.
We got the Fly... Sort of. It was bliss stand outside and hearing the boys rip into this one for soundcheck. I think it will pop out before Glas. I am sure of it.
We had a great rail spot about 7 people down from the upper most corner of RZ1.
Lenny was awesome. I wish his set was longer but opening is opening, 40-45 tops.
This static set was a dream come true for me personally. It was pretty much what I wanted.
I wish I had a picture of cori's face when I bumped into her at the end of the show. She looked like she was going to kill me for a sec. lol well, I did make a point of walking into her at least 3 times. Maybe she thought I was hammered or a perv. Too funny!
It was also great to see Thora. I knew I could get all my hockey update from her. Thank you.
Foods here. Gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go.
More later.

I almost barfed my lunch watching that video......wow....brought back memories and the feeling we've all done many, many times.

Thanks to whoever elbowed me in the face and knocked my glasses off when they pulled that barrier back and let us onto the floor. Very classy. I still got on the front rail but it knocked me back a bit.

Good show. Crowd was mostly lame. I agree that the heat probably had something to do with it.

Oh wanted to add, I totally lucked out and got the far right edge of RZ1 on the rail. Due to a total screw up with the line outside the RZ doors, after we had created an early line , they made us move back at around 4pm and some the people in the front didn't make it in first because it all got scrambled around. Then we were in five lines at the security tables after they moved us back. THEN they condensed 5 lines to 2 making it even more scrambled.:| I totally lucked out because I was in front of one of the lines they used for the security search.
2nd in line behind Charles, thanks for being a great line buddy! I just followed you! We just made a mad dash once we found our way inside (total maze of stairs and hallways and staff looking at you like this :huh: RZ what's that?) Omg, I could just imagine the confusion with reg GA. Anyway... I was lucky I got the rail on the right edge! Bono only came by us once on the walkway.. :|and once while sitting on the bridge for MS. Adam was great... I got a huge smile from him when I yelled out his name! :)

Plus, Cori recognized me from my avatar. I just happened to look over at her randomly while scanning the GA section on the back rail to my right and there she was waving at me.:wave::lol: That was so funny! We were reading each others lips perfectly... she goes "are u Jeannie?" and said yes and then I realized it was her, right when she told me she was Cori! Funny!! I think I saw you too Thora, about 4 people away from Cori right? :wave: What did you guys think of the crowd energy? I found it great.. but I did get tired in the middle of the show, but manage to keep jumping and singing! You guys looked totally in to it when I glaced over at times... maybe just the front line GA on the rail was toast by the time the show started.
Wow, major deflation now. :sad: I want to do it again!! :hyper:

great to hear everybody enjoyed the show... yes i did notice the nose bleeders dancing and stuff as well! the crowd was into the show... it was just really tough to move after all that SUNSHINE! HAHHA... no biggie..

U2 SHOW IS A U2 SHOW! the boys NEVER disappoint!

got a major Irish hangover now!! had to drive couple hours back home to Vancouver! {bc that is :)}.. friends I was with have never
been to a concert before, i know right!? .... and well they were complainin' right b4 u2 came on.. ahh my back hurts i gotta sit down... ahh, geez i'm sleepy
now.. blah blah blach.. so off to the desolate floor rail they went.. they sat the whole damn show!!! i couldnt believe it!!

i stood my ground... got to hang out with a couple cool {and very cute indeed!} girls n' sang my HEART OUT!!

i'm glad memory serves me well.. i'll never forget ALL I WANT IS YOU!!! WOW.!! amazing work! still!! after all these years!

ohh! i almost forgot!! i FINALLY GOT my U2 360 ARMY hat! {wearing it right now!!}!!yay!!! hahhaha... sooo confortable!! had to ditch the VEGAS hat for the show!! lol!!
It goes perfectly well with my RADIO NOWHERE Springsteen T!

BTW!!! U2 POSTED BEAUTIFUL DAY "HELLO SEATTLE" VIDEO ONLINE!!!

U2 > Home

:love: DAMN I'VE GOT GOOSE BUMPS ALL OVER!!! :love:

Clearly my favorite show that I have seen so far on this tour (aside from Dublin). So glad I made the decision to fly across the country for the concert. I was center on the outside rail and loved every damn second of it. Loved Lenny's set, lost myself with U2. Bono enjoyed our little group during Elevation and have fun playing back and forth with us. I am hoping to find video of this. Simply an amazing night that did bring tears to my eyes at various points. Emotional to see my favorite band with some of my favorite friends on a beautiful day and night, in a city that clearly embraced U2 being there.

Thank you Seattle and to my friends that helped make it that much better! :hug:

I'm waiting for breakfast before heading out of the Emerald City right now. Some initial thoughts and stuff:
It was great to hang with charmer in the RZ1. Made the time so much enjoyable. Thanks for that bud.

Thanks Roland...I totally felt the same way: was great hanging with you last night as well. If you ever change your mind about Montreal (ie. the Friday, July 8th show), let me know: I'll be doing RZ1 for that as well...:)

As Roland said, we were both in RZ1 (on the rails). And even though the company we had in RZ1 was pretty good, I just felt that the overall crowd in the whole stadium was pretty mellow. I agree with "NYwire" though, the sun probably *did* have something to do with it.

Setlist was awesome...they've changed it obviously than what it was from two years ago. More a "greatest-hits" setlist, than a representation of "No Line on the Horizon" now. Having U2 kick our ass from the very beginning with "Even Better Than The Real Thing" totally made my night right there! Was great to hear Zooropa live as well. I preferred having "Hold Me, Thrill Me,..." over "Ultraviolet", but that's just me. I was hoping that they'd play "The Fly" as well, but alas it was not meant to be....:(

I hope that they release a blu-ray/dvd from their 2011 shows, as the 360 tour has changed drastically from the Rose Bowl show.

Overall, it's a bit of a shame that they had to drop so many of the "No Line" songs (as it's such a great album). But having seen two shows prior, I was okay with it (as it was a change of pace from what they had before). A great night, overall!

Last edited:
I wish I had a picture of cori's face when I bumped into her at the end of the show. She looked like she was going to kill me for a sec. lol well, I did make a point of walking into her at least 3 times.

:lol: Well, I'd only seen you from afar in the Red Zone. I didn't recognize you close up. Plus, I was running on 2 hours of sleep and not a lot of food by that time. I was losing steam pretty quickly. :wink:

Plus, Cori recognized me from my avatar.

:wave: nice to "meet" you! You had a great spot.

Thank you Seattle and to my friends that helped make it that much better! :hug:

So glad you came!

I lucked into a great spot, second row outer rail ... which of course became ON THE RAIL as the crowd shifted. I thought the concert was great. Hearing EBTTRT and Zooropa just made the show for me.

Maybe more later, maybe not. I don't think I have anything coherent to add. Tried to take a few pics to show friends just how close I was, but that never really works out well. Bono should stand still more. :wink:

Also, Bono needed to show more love to our side of the stage. He was right there on the bridge in front of us for Miss Sarajevo, and then right there when the drums kicked back in during Crazy Tonight, but he really didn't come by that often. Bummer.

How many days until Minneapolis? I have seats, but am looking forward to seeing the whole Claw show again.

Oh, and I thought the crowd energy seemed okay on the floor - it's so hard to judge what the rest of the stadium is doing during the show. I love MOS as a closer, but for a crowd reaction, it's very anticlimactic - the response as they leave the stage is very subdued. Almost makes me wish they'd end the show with WOWY, because it gets such a huge response.

Weather was just stunning. A perfect Seattle day, the likes of which we haven't seen since .... well, last summer. Loved that Bono mentioned it. he said something like "A picture perfect day, like you took the city, put it in the washing machine and hung it out on the line to dry in the fresh air." :lol:

I
It was also great to see Thora. I knew I could get all my hockey update from her. Thank you.

You're welcome!! I had a radio, thanks to cori, so I listened to the majority of the game. There were tons of Canucks fans around me, so I was screaming out game updates to everyone! :lol: SO much fun to be letting everyone know whenever we scored.

I think I saw you too Thora, about 4 people away from Cori right? :wave:

Yup, that was me! I was to the right of Chrisedge. :D

For my first U2 GA experience, it was pretty damn phenomenal. I'll write more in a few hours. Overall, I'm TOTALLY a GA convert right now, and staying spoiler free for the past month was SO fucking worth it for all the surprises!!! Damn. :love: Okay, gotta stop gushing. :lol:

Great show last night. Top it off with a Vancouver Canucks win it made for a great evening. Just a couple of notes:

Thanks to the people who organized the GA Line. We got our numbers the night before and came back to line up around 530am. They did a fantastic job organizing the line before we went to the stadium grounds.

Of course that line went to hell around 3pm where we first pushed up towards the gate. At approx 415-30 we then went through security and were moved to an entrance/tunnel to get into the building where any form of control was gone. We waited in that tunnel area until about 5pm with the crew soundchecking. At 5pm they opened the gate and let groups go in bunches of 50-100 people.

I was able to get the outer rail inside the pit almost dead centre after being #150 in line.

Here are a couple of videos:

Space Oddity into EBTTRT:
YouTube - ‪U2 360 Tour Seattle, Jun 4, 2011 - Opening/Even Better Than The Real Thing‬‏

Zooropa:
YouTube - ‪U2 360 Tour Seattle, Jun 4, 2011 - Zooropa‬‏

I still can't believe you made it to the show without being spoiled! That's truly impressive.

I still can't believe you made it to the show without being spoiled! That's truly impressive.

I KNOW!! :lol: Everyone in the lineup around me knew that I was hoping to continue to stay spoiler free, so they were great about not mentioning song titles in my hearing. I was near some awesome people. :)

You're welcome!! I had a radio, thanks to cori, so I listened to the majority of the game. There were tons of Canucks fans around me, so I was screaming out game updates to everyone! :lol: SO much fun to be letting everyone know whenever we scored.

where the heck were you when i needed yah!! ohh wait! i think i saw you! little hand held grayish radio!?? lmao!!! thats hilarious!! whenever we heard anybody who used the word eh? a lot we wanted to ask'em if they knew the score.. lol!!! i'm glad we kicked arse though!!! bURROWS!! my H.E.R.O.!

thanks for posting ZOOROPA! mR. PerFEct!! i didnt mind not hearing THE FLY, twice was enough in sound check..!! ...and i have no reasons.. no reasons to get back!!!

'..WE'RE BRIGHTLY LIT! LETS GO TO THE OVER-GROUND!!!!"

.. WILL, BE THE GUIDING LIGHT!!!

where the heck were you when i needed yah!! ohh wait! i think i saw you! little hand held grayish?? lmao!!! thats hilarious!! whenever we heard anybody who used the word eh? a lot we wanted to ask'em if they knew the score.. lol!!! i'm glad we kicked arse though!!! bURROWS!! my H.E.R.O.!

:lol: Yeah, I was listening on an old skool walkman. I was in a blue Luongo jersey, and was on Edge's side on the outer rail. :D

just wanted to say that I was at the show with my 9 year old daughter and it was PERFECT. Everyone in line around us, allllll day in that hot sun, was so nice and friendly. People saved our spot when we had to go brave the portapotties, and shared sunscreen when we ran out. Even got some free beer just before we went in, although that I did not share with my daughter. ;)

We got an awesome spot on the front rail inside the cirle, Edge's side. My daughter was so happy to be able to see without anyone in front blocking her view. The fans around us were, again, spectacular. We had to leave the floor twice after we got our spot, but they saved our space. People who we have never met before took time to talk to my girl about U2 and were really careful to make sure she had enough room and didn't get squished up against the rail. Some other random fans on my other side brought us water from the concessions. I just can't say enough good stuff about my fellow fans. You all are my tribe. :throb:

oh, yeah, the band was okay too. :sexywink:
One of my favorite things was seeing the smiles the boys would give each other as they passed by in between songs or whatever. Not smiles for the crowd, not putting on a show, just four boys doing what they've been doing together for 30 years and still LOVING it.

I loved the show. I sang my heart out to every song. I cried my eyes out during MOS, it hit me hard. I wasn't the only one who got something in their eye, though. I got lots of pats on the back as I sang and smiled and cried. It was an amazing moment for me personally.

Seeing U2 live is like coming home for me. It had been 6 years since I saw them last, and I just hope I don't have to wait another 6 years to go home again.

Back
Top Bottom