June 26, 2011 - Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EdgeFest....what camera are you using to shoot? Your pictures are so fresh and clear.

Hey U2 Brother -
Your photo is everywhere from the E. Lansing show! :) You are in a couple of papers up there, and I've also seen your photo in some online photo shoots! That's awesome!

I am just using a Canon PowerShot SX210 IS.

I found my zen "concert" setting, and I leave it there. If it turns out, great. If not, whatever. Edge is so photogenic he makes it easy for me.

The settings I used in particular for the dark shot is the semi-automatic setting (shutter priority) with shutter speed fixed at 1/60 and automatic aperture. ISO set to 800. I'm a real amateur, but for dark/stage shots, don't even think about setting your ISO lower than 800 or you'll get nothing but grain.

I use a Canon G10.

I set it to manual and also use an ISO of 800. no flash. I move the shutter speed around during the show.

Hey U2 Brother -
Your photo is everywhere from the E. Lansing show! :) You are in a couple of papers up there, and I've also seen your photo in some online photo shoots! That's awesome!

Cheers...I've seen the online photos....but I picked up some newspapers and didn't see my picture. Did you see em in actual papers?

Let's try this . .

Here's some facebook photos.

I've got a few favorites in here, but the one where Bono is hanging from the Mic in the laser jacket is high on the list - as is the one where Bono is standing right in front of me.

We had a great spot.

Facebook

Here is my text and photos from Lansing:

Here is a brief description of my 36 hour odyssey to Lansing, MI to see U2 play their gig that was nearly announced two years ago. The campus was pastoral and quiet when I arrived, the last place you would expect to to see the biggest rock show of all time.

A healthy GA line had grown by 10:00 AM and it was fair and democratic. No queue jumpers or the sort. The sun came out by noon and began scorching those in line It was the first balmy of the summer day for this fan. It soon became apparent that fans and people in Lansing were gracious and welcoming to their visitors. Lansing also impressed me with its College-town feel and promoting itself as an Arts bastion.

Florence and the Machine came on around 7:45 and it was apparent they were a class act. I was curious how this English dramatist would go down in a State known for military and agriculture. More refined then her contemporary Ga-Ga, Florence managed to avoid ‘shock’ traps and performed a passionate, spirited show with her dutiful combo backing her up.

Since this venue was rather small by 360 standards, the band made their entrance through the back stands. The claw itself occupied every inch of the field as fans in the first rows were very close to to the structure. With no Red Zones this show, GA fans were able to cover quite a bit of ground on the pitch. Musical gear was also placed haphazardly though the venue like a messy bedroom. The band played a set list that relied heavily on their early 90’s material. Bono had mentioned that it was the idealism of American University campus’ that have provided many great things over the years. He gave shout-outs to the Peace Corps. and One campaigners. He also curiously asked for the whereabouts of Mr. Dooley, owner of the Irish club that they had played at 30 years ago.

By the conclusion of the gig, the band had left most fans with a perma-smile on their face. Jaw dropping awe was seen throughout the crowd as they marveled at the enormity of the Claw. When the last A minor chord was played, it was apparent that U2 had delivered on their year-long promise. And indeed was worth the wait.

Ahh! This was a life changing experience for me! This was my first U2 concert ever and it totally blew me away! Met so many awesome people, got to meet U2BROTHR (I was the one you said in your "brotha" voice, this is gon change yo lyfe!) I was in the GA line, number 17. Also met EdgeFest! Failed at putting her name into my Mum's phone haha. But seriously, all in all this was the best weekend of my entire life!

I was searching online for U2 e. lansing photos, news, etc. I did not pick up any actual papers because I drove back home to Chicago (50 minutes south of chicago) right after the show. I was looking for photos and videos, news, etc., and I do remember seeing you in more than a couple of times. :) I will try to go looking again, but I pretty much did a simple google. :)...lovin the hat!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics, everyone! I didn't bring a regular camera, the camera on my phone won't work (jeez!), and my husband's phone was acting screwy (jeez!!!), so we only got a couple pics of the stage. I knew I could count on people here for some great pics! :heart:

What an incredible night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Wow, those are some fabulous pics! They really sounded incredible that night! They sounded good in Anaheim but they really kicked it up a notch in Lansing! I loved when Bono was watching the crowd sing and he mouthed "beautiful", with a huge smile on his face! It was a magical night! :heart:

Great pics...you and your adorable son were standing right next to me in the circle! I was wearing the green ":heart:U2" shirt.

eta: my elbows are in the corner of this pic.

Awww...thanks so much. My son had a blast at his first U2 show. Everyone was very nice to us and so interested in making sure that he had a blast. Thanks for looking at my shots!

Awww...thanks so much. My son had a blast at his first U2 show. Everyone was very nice to us and so interested in making sure that he had a blast. Thanks for looking at my shots!

How old is your son? I'm hoping I can take my daughter the next tour. I figure she would be 5 or 6 if you're talking Bono schedule.

Finally uploaded some of my favorites here. I really enjoy capturing the band at their "essence", aka what movements and manerisms make them themselves. One of my faves:
R0013546.jpg

Back
Top Bottom