June 22, 2011 - M&T Bank Stadium - Baltimore, MD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was a great show. The 4 Achtung Baby songs plus I Will Follow makes for an awesome, impactful opening.

Zooropa and COBL with the screen pulled down was amazingly impressive to look at. The sound was really great all night.

For whatever reason a large amount of people around me refused to stand for anything. That was mildly annoying. I guess that is what happens when you play before a crowd so big and half of them are real fans, and the other half are just there because its the trendy thing in town. Don't tell me to sit down during Vertigo unless to want to be karate kicked in the face. Its a ROCK AND ROLL SHOW you lazy bastards.

Loved the Clarence Clemons shout outs. RIP Big Man.

Florence of Florence and the Machine has an AMAZING voice. Very impressive. Really filled the stadium.

MTA light rail back to Hunt Valley after the show was a nightmare. Typical Baltimore. They ran one train in a 45 minute span from about 11:15 to midnight. We didn't get on until like 12:10 are so. Amazingly inefficient. It was so crowded around the Hamburg stop that it reminded me of the famous picture of all the people trying to evacuate Saigon at the end of the Vietnam War.

How there weren't two or three trains ready to roll both directions after they were filled up following the show is amazing to me. They treated it like a regular WED night. It was, other than the extra 85,000 people in the area for the show.

That being said, U2 are the best band on the planet. Can't wait to see them again in Philly. ACHTUNG BABY

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

image092.jpg

The first five songs may be the strongest group of five songs in the entire setlist. So I did feel a slight bit of an anticlimax after that. Bono's voice was a bit lost in the mix until ISHFWILF - I suppose Joe used the speech as an opportunity to readjust some settings. The mix improved a lot after that. There was a slight echo at times, as is common in stadiums.

I was a few rows back from outer rail center - a great spot. The GA crowd was enthusiastic. Bono was energetic and interacted with the crowd a fair amount. Great show overall.

The first five songs may be the strongest group of five songs in the entire setlist. So I did feel a slight bit of an anticlimax after that. Bono's voice was a bit lost in the mix until ISHFWILF - I suppose Joe used the speech as an opportunity to readjust some settings. The mix improved a lot after that. There was a slight echo at times, as is common in stadiums.

I was a few rows back from outer rail center - a great spot. The GA crowd was enthusiastic. Bono was energetic and interacted with the crowd a fair amount. Great show overall.

haha.. I was dead center outside rail in a purple tank shirt.. so you were close!

here are my pics.. (and feel free to friend me)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2184678695796.2134912.1211860041&l=eaf576f6fb

I'd agree with that about the mix. From our spot up high Bono's vocals were almost inaudible during EBTTRT. It definitely got better after that.

I was there, and did something I swore I'd never do - get seats instead of GA :doh:

I guess it's sort of like KFC, every once in a while you need to be reminded how much it sucks. I stood through most of the show anyway, and with seats it's impossible to get away from A-holes. (like sec150 rw41 seats 1-4ish :wave:)

The claw is huge and the lights are great, but all in all its a joke. I wasn't effected, but I could see where a few sections over in the $250 area there probably were some people who had an obstructed view of the stage thanks to one of the claw's legs.

AS mentioned above, the sound was iffy to start - couldn't hear Bono very well at all. That seemed to get better as the night went on.

The band sounds as good as ever. I'm no vocal expert, but Bono sounds better than either of the Elevation or Vertigo tours. He sounds a bt more powerful, like in the 1987-1993 era. I thought he incorporated too much falsetto into his overall delivery the previous few times around. Again, no expert here.

EBTTRT is awesome with the slightly new arrangement, particularly Larry's drumming. It went front decent to great with that tweaking in my view.

Zooropa is a classic arena/concert song. Why they didn't play it before, other than Wembly 93, I'll never know.

Set list overall was good, but I miss songs like Bad and NYD etc. that they don't cover much anymore. In weird way, I kinda miss Bullet. Never thought I would but I do. I wonder what kind of reincarnation of that tune we would have gotten to fit the "space ship" theme.

Loved the Promised Land and Jungleland tags, I'm a big Bruce fan and am bummed with the recent passing of CC. I've had the privilege of seeing him perform w/ BS on several occasions. Now he and Phantom Dan are both gone.

I and I in The - Never never NEVER take the light rail!!! It sucks worse than seats and KFC! I parked in a garage on Lombard St. a block from 1st Mariner Arena for $10 and had zero problems getting out of town - While everyone in the stadium lots were stuck honking their horns.

Thanks again to the band and have a safe trip to Glasto!

^I was trying to sing 40 on top of my lungs before they played MOS. If half of the people in GA had joined me, we probably could have convinced them to play it :D

Great show again last night. This was the hottest show I've ever been to in this leg, weather-wise. Originally I had a GA ticket, but then lovezeuser offered me one of the good seats she'd bought during a fan presale. Torn between wanting to do GA or experiencing one of the good seats, I finally made up my mind to keep the seat after finding out what the weather was going to be like. :yikes:

Fortunately I was able to sell my GA ticket and use that to pay something for lovezeuser's kindness for her seat. Connie, we should have taken a picture of the 2 of us in those seats and paste it on the front door of that mean neighbor of yours :tongue:

By the final bow time, edge, Larry and Adam were in T-shirts and Bono's long-sleeve shirt was soaked. And at one point during the show, Bono exclaimed, "It is sooo hot!"

Mark Kelly's segment received a thundering cheer, that I felt was louder than all the other shows, probably because we were in Maryland/DC/Virginia, with maybe more than half of the people in the audience work for some sort of public service or military entity.

I and I in The - Never never NEVER take the light rail!!! It sucks worse than seats and KFC! I parked in a garage on Lombard St. a block from 1st Mariner Arena for $10 and had zero problems getting out of town - While everyone in the stadium lots were stuck honking their horns.

Thanks again to the band and have a safe trip to Glasto!

Yeah. We learned that lesson. Some of our group had getting out of work early issues, so we were afraid all the garages and lots would be jammed out the gills by the time we got into the city. Oh well.

Doesn't take away from the show at all. Can't wait for July 14th to see them in a city that is better suited for handling mass crowds.

I really liked the setlist last night. Much better than the FED EX field setlist 2 years ago (although at Fed Ex we were in the inner circle close to the Edge and could see him play piano and guitar on New Years Day at that concert -- highlight of my night there, and they didn't play New Years Day last night.) Re: Baltimore, Loved that they played something from pretty much every studio album. And loved, loved loved all the Achtung Baby songs plus I will Follow to begin the set. Zooropa was really great too.

My husband and I took my daughters 8 and 11 to the concert yesterday so we had seats. Luckily everyone around us was up almost the entire time (and my 8 year old stood on her seat). It killed me as people talked through SCARLET (since I rarely get to hear ANYTHING from October in concert) but still a great experience.

Hey, didn't they play Life During Wartime at the end of Crazy? The setlists I am seeing posted say "Psycho Killer" but I am positive it was Life During Wartime. Still, with my kids there and a few drunks sitting near me, can't say I heard right all the time...:hmm:

Oh and I can't wait for Philly! I will be in GA there -- yay!

Thanks -- glad to know I wasn't "crazy." :cute: Wonder why the setlist on U2tours and elsewhere is incorrect?

I think it was both - the "fa-fa-far better" from Psycho Killer, and "this ain't no party, this ain't no disco, etc." from Life During Wartime.

if anyone has really close up video of COBL I would be forever grateful.. Can't find anything close enough to catch my moment..

Can you post it here?

thanks!

I really liked the setlist last night. Much better than the FED EX field setlist 2 years ago (although at Fed Ex we were in the inner circle close to the Edge and could see him play piano and guitar on New Years Day at that concert -- highlight of my night there, and they didn't play New Years Day last night.)

I liked the one from 2 years ago better...it had Unknown Caller, UF, NYD, Breathe, Magnificent

No Unknown Caller at Fed Ex in 2009 -- would have made the set better! I love the NLOTH songs, don't get me wrong. But there was nothing from the first two albums and I missed that. LOVED Unforgettable Fire though. Still, an amazing night -- being that close to the band is unbelievable.

What can I say? It was a freaking great show, even with temps in the mid-90's for most of the day. The energy from the guys & the set list made our 18-hr day completely worth it. Biggest highlight for me had to be Edge on his first stroll along the catwalk, acknowledging my sign with a smile/chuckle. (The sign's definitely going with me to Nashville and Pittsburgh. :) )

I heard a few folks who were less than impressed with FATM, but I thought Florence was spectacular. Love that woman's voice! :up:

I didn't take near as many pictures this time as prior shows - matter of fact, 90% of what we have are thanks to Kelly. I actually spent more time enjoying the moment than trying to capture it on film. That being said, two of Kelly's best shots were these.

051.jpg
:drool:

058.jpg
:heart:

And my sign:
011.jpg

What can I say? It was a freaking great show, even with temps in the mid-90's for most of the day. The energy from the guys & the set list made our 18-hr day completely worth it. Biggest highlight for me had to be Edge on his first stroll along the catwalk, acknowledging my sign with a smile/chuckle. (The sign's definitely going with me to Nashville and Pittsburgh. :) )

I heard a few folks who were less than impressed with FATM, but I thought Florence was spectacular. Love that woman's voice! :up:

I didn't take near as many pictures this time as prior shows - matter of fact, 90% of what we have are thanks to Kelly. I actually spent more time enjoying the moment than trying to capture it on film. That being said, two of Kelly's best shots were these.

051.jpg
:drool:

058.jpg
:heart:

And my sign:
011.jpg

very nice! Me likey!:love:

Back
Top Bottom