June 18, 2011 - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge photo taken by my daughters' friend. :love:

TheEdgeAnaheim6-18-2011AmandaGarcia.jpg

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Roamed around the field a bit, ended up with friends by the soundboard, and we just had such a blast. It was just really .... well, special.

Cathal, I noticed something goofy at the beginning of COBL as well. It almost sounded like there was another backing track playing at the start, underneath the COBL music? Something sounded weird, and a bit off.

My favorite Goofy Bono bit was when he tried to get the audience to sing the next few lines of "You'll Never Walk Alone" and then did a little dance and sang the line "Make 'Em Laugh" from Singin' In the Rain. LOVE. Best movie ever.

Had some new experiences before the show - went to try and see the band arrive via helicopter near the stadium. At a fire training center. So, you know, in case The Edge really is on fire, they're good to go.

I always say "Oh, I don't like to do the whole 'crowd around the band' thing and try to get pictures, it's too crowded, blah blah blah." So what do I do as soon as I see the band get out of the two copters? Squeal like a little girl and be all "EEEE! BONO! EEEEE!"

Oh well. I talked a good game.

Then we were back near the pit entrance, and caught the band walking in, which was pretty cool. Then we dashed back out to find space to dance and go apeshit for Even Better and THE MOTHERFUCKING FLY.

Oh, and then Paul McGuinness walked by, and we dance-stalked him through the crowd as Mysterious Ways played.

Good times. And I had no idea I'd be going to the show until a few days before. Spontaneous trips FTW. :)

Hard to compare. I thought Seattle was amazing, as it was a solid show, I had a great, close spot for the first time, and it was the first time seeing them since 2009. Last night was great for different reasons.

Every show is a different experience. It's too early for me to judge it against other shows. And it was so out of whack, I don't know that I could compare it to other shows.

That must have blown your mind to hear The Fly and then the rest ..esp.. Amazing Grace...before Streets. I would have been going WTH just happened??The rest of the night!!
They totally screwed with our minds! Silly Willie. :)
So they totally ditched the Amnesty segment with the volunteers on the stage? Or did they still do it during WO with out the speech? Not that I miss it, just surprised if they omitted it.
Too lazy to go look at the exact order of things...:reject:

They had the volunteers on stage. No whats-her-name (seriously, I'm too lazy to learn how to spell it) video, as they had One so early in the set. It went from Walk On into the alien encore break video.

I am going to have to slap people in Minneapolis if we get stuck in seats around people who whine "Sit down, we can't see!"

And I'll have to be all "STAND UP, YOU'RE AT A ROCK CONCERT."

Please please please don't let us be in front of THOSE people.

Sorry, that was kind of random, but it's been my ongoing worry as Minneapolis approaches. :lol: It's my last show, damn it! I'm going to jump and dance and rock the eff out.

corianderstem said:
I am going to have to slap people in Minneapolis if we get stuck in seats around people who whine "Sit down, we can't see!"

Sorry, that was kind of random, but it's been my ongoing worry as Minneapolis approaches. :lol: It's my last show, damn it! I'm going to jump and dance and rock the eff out.

I had to dance in the aisles at the second Melbourne gig. Was completely surrounded by the losers to which you are referring!

You have my permission to go medieval on their Minnesota Nice asses.

Like Otto on the Simpsons! :giggle: (was it the U2 episode where he says "sit down, you're ruining it!") :lol:

And Mark I somehow missed you this weekend. :angry:

hey! i ran into you too!!! :)

tonight is video night. hope to get the pictures up tomorrow.

:wave: Great to see you twice, if briefly.

Great videos!

I won't have another video up until tomorrow AM. Hampton Inn's WiFi ain't the best for massive uploads.

I'll skip my Stuck video upload for now. Next up, Ultra Violet :rockon:

And Mark I somehow missed you this weekend. :angry:

In Minneapolis for certain :hug:

We got pushed out of the stadium Sat. night and wanted to get back to our car so we could try to get out of the parking lot before daylight. So, we had to say goodbye to the Town Suites crew.

We arrived back at our car in time to see a fistfight over two cars that had hit each other.

Fighting at a U2 concert? :rolleyes: :tsk:

We arrived back at our car in time to see a fistfight over two cars that had hit each other.

Fighting at a U2 concert? :rolleyes: :tsk:

I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it

only in America :wink:

I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it I won't say it

only in America :wink:

Let's zero it in to SoCal and their crazy car culture. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom