June 17, 2011 - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:42 AM
June 17, 2011 - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA

Please post your pics, experiences and reviews here.

Also please upload your pics to our gallery

June 17, 2011 - Angel Stadium - Anaheim CA - Interference.com Photo Gallery (U2 Photos, U2 Concert Photos, Member Photos)

Old 06-18-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 08:42 AM
This was my first 360 show (of 40 or so) in a baseball stadium.

I thought the field GA was way,way better here than a football/soccer stadium but the stadium seats looked liked they sucked, regardless where you were (save for upper deck behind home plate which were probably good)

The design of soccer stadiums make the lower level sideline seats between the claw legs turn out to be very good, the angle of the baseball field made these look shitty

As far as GA went, I didnt come in until Kravitz finished and was easily able to find a spot dead center to the rail, about 50 feet away

It looks like alot of people take advantage of the extra room behind the Red Zones and neglect alot of prime spots in front of the stage

Toilet situation sucked on the field, both locations were at the respective foul poles.

Plenty points of sale for beer on the field (although 12.25-$14.25 may bankrupt much of the crowd)

Beershack will be admiring the ladies of Anaheim Hooters tomorrow around noon if anyone wants to knock one back

Old 06-18-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
Refugee

Location: SoCal, but far enough away from everything for it to be a pain in the ass
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Didn't line up. Walked into inner circle 5:45-6:00ish. Main point: Band was outstanding. Paul McGuinness on stage w/U2 for the first time ever. Ready to get it going for Anaheim #2. ^Guinness stand: $14 for a 20 oz. Guinness, or $12.25 for 24 oz. Coors Light. If you go to the regular snack concession, Coors Light price drops to $10.50. Lots of after-party noise coming from Nicv's room, lol. I'm tired, will post more later. FUN TIME!

*Oh yeah - infield NOT fenced off like Oakland = WIN
Old 06-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 12:42 PM
It's pretty obvious at this point the boys want to finish off this tour and move onto other things. Same setlist 8 nights in a row. Pretty frustrating
Old 06-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Fan & Taper

Lenny was miles better in just 10 days...got there at 5:30pm or so and was right behind DRay and gang on the outer rail, Edge side. Other than huge fat guy slamming his way to rail, then being removed during EBTTRT, and smelly drunk weed hair guy with his bent cigarette burning folks as he pushed to front so he could take the blurriest possible pics during encore everyone was cool around me...took my 56yo older sister to her first show, and she was a trooper!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
has a

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Review is up on the home page:

U2 Interference – U2 Fans, Pop Culture Webzine, & More

Kind of mushy, but sincere.

More pics later.

Nice to meet DRay finally.
So crazy busy, maybe will meet a few more people tonight.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2rulesmyworld View Post
It's pretty obvious at this point the boys want to finish off this tour and move onto other things. Same setlist 8 nights in a row. Pretty frustrating

The Fly and UV was soundchecked on Friday, so I would expect to see those into the show. I'll be unpleasantly surprised if HMTMKM is played again
Old 06-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Incredible show, WAY better than the Rose Bowl line up experience (disaster) was.....Unfortunately as others have said, the setlist was pretty standard, but they were definitely in top shape. Hold me and Zooropa really brought down the house for me. It felt more genuine hearing those than Pride and SBS for the millionth time. So, was anyone lucky enough to meet the band? Where did you guys wait out?
Old 06-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
Fan & Taper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
Review is up on the home page:

U2 Interference – U2 Fans, Pop Culture Webzine, & More

Kind of mushy, but sincere.

More pics later.

Nice to meet DRay finally.
So crazy busy, maybe will meet a few more people tonight.
Nice take on why you like U2...It's a huge part of going to shows, all the folks you meet!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #10
Fan & Taper

Now with drunk guy!

Old 06-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #11
WCF
The Fly

First U2 concert last night.

The band sure knows how to put on a show. Unfortunately, I was in Section 247 behind the band (360 tour? We got not love!) and the crowd around me was rather ... dead. Looked to me like a greatest hits crowd, where they all sat for anything they didn't recognize (half the setlist). I took my little sister though and she thought it was an awesome time. She was one of the few dancing despite everyone else being seated.

I didn't spoil the setlist, so I personally thought Zooropa was a blast. HMTMKMKM and Rejoice were sweet surprises for me as well. I have to say, "Moment of Surrender" really seemed to kill the crowd. People left early and the phones weren't waving for very long. It's too bad, too. I like that song.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
The Fly

I first saw U2 in 1985. I've seen them multiple times on every tour since then, including the incredible performance at the Amnesty show in '86 and 5 times on the Joshua Tree tour.

I thought last night's show in Anaheim was much better than the Rose Bowl, which was one of the worst shows, if not the very worst, I've ever seen them perform. The set list now is far superior and the pacing is vastly improved. Still, I find the show is all about the large production and less about the music. There's no passion, intimacy, or spontaneity IMO and considering those might be the three most important elements of rock & roll, the show is not even close to what they were once capable of. In past years, I'd never skip a show when U2 was in my town but I'm not going back tonight. I really hope they move back inside on the next tour.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #13
Fan & Taper

This is by far my favorite moment in this leg of the tour so far...

Old 06-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckytwn View Post
I first saw U2 in 1985. I've seen them multiple times on every tour since then, including the incredible performance at the Amnesty show in '86 and 5 times on the Joshua Tree tour.

I thought last night's show in Anaheim was much better than the Rose Bowl, which was one of the worst shows, if not the very worst, I've ever seen them perform. The set list now is far superior and the pacing is vastly improved. Still, I find the show is all about the large production and less about the music. There's no passion, intimacy, or spontaneity IMO and considering those might be the three most important elements of rock & roll, the show is not even close to what they were once capable of. In past years, I'd never skip a show when U2 was in my town but I'm not going back tonight. I really hope they move back inside on the next tour.
The sad part is, tonight is going to be the one with the killer setlist. I find it absolutely scandalous that they've done SEVEN bloody shows with the exact same setlist for the crowd that was going to get 'something special' after the postponements. Night 2s are always better. That being said, if they do the same set an 8th time in a row... I will be ENRAGED. Thank God I'm going to Montreal 2.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeFest View Post
I find it absolutely scandalous that they've done SEVEN bloody shows with the exact same setlist for the crowd that was going to get 'something special' after the postponements.
and generally speaking, the percentage of the crowd that knows this is how low?

i want a static setlist. i'm seeing one show this leg. in a one night city. i want me some fucken zooropa.