July 24, 2009 - Croke Park DUBLIN - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:01 PM
July 24, 2009 - Croke Park DUBLIN

Post your pics, reviews and experiences about this show here. I expect this thread to blow up

Old 07-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:01 AM
Before it blows up, I will post my question once again to increase the chances of having it answered.
When you entered the stadium, did they check your bags?
Did anyone of you bring a DSLR to the concert with no problems?
I'm going tomorrow and I'd really like to know. I hope you had a good gig, setlist looks awesome

Old 07-25-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 02:01 AM
Yeah - I`d like info about the red zone - where to collect tickets from, which gate for entrance, how was it inside the stadium, really crowded like the inner circle or easy to get a good spot at the rail?

I`m heading over for the monday show
Old 07-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 09:01 PM
Sicy, I have pics, but they will not be posted until Monday. You will have to wait.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
Sicy, I have pics, but they will not be posted until Monday. You will have to wait.
I`ll be off to Dublin on monday morning............mind you real life is better than photos!

Don`t think I`ll bother with my camera at Croke. Might buy a new camera for Wembley though would rather watch the show than peer through a camera lens. If I get to meet any of the band arrive of leave though I`ll be kicking myself!

Not many pix of meet and greets though.aren`t the band doing any this tour?
Old 07-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Part III View Post
Before it blows up, I will post my question once again to increase the chances of having it answered.
When you entered the stadium, did they check your bags?
Did anyone of you bring a DSLR to the concert with no problems?
I'm going tomorrow and I'd really like to know. I hope you had a good gig, setlist looks awesome
Today in the inner circle there were 2 DSLR but the guys used it discretly. There were also at least two camcorders.

But it depends of the organisation. Today I entered the stadium with two bottles of water with caps, dont know why...
Old 07-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

They checked bags when the line got moved into the pavilion outside the stadium.

Here is my review. Got there at 7:30 and was in the upper 200's in line. Who ever said the people in Ireland don't show up early was wrong. GA queue was well organized although it rained off and on most of the day. They also filled up the entire inner circle until it was full and then filled the pitch. A lot of people were complaing because they didn't want to be in the circle.

The band came on between 8:30-8:45 and they were fired up. A lot of energy and excitement. It didn't seem like they went onto the outside of the circle as much as previous tours. Highlight songs are Crazt Tonight and Bad
Old 07-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

nevermind...wrong thread.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
My bag was never checked. I took my dslr in with zero problems.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #10
The Fly

Local Time: 01:01 AM
Hi there,

I only took few pictures with my old compact, so the quality is not really good, so I tried to correct that with post prodution work, not really happy with the result, but that's better than nothing...

You can find the pictures here :

U2 - Croke Park - 24 July 2009 - a set on Flickr
Old 07-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramullen View Post
Who ever said the people in Ireland don't show up early was wrong.
Seeing as the queue was like 90% non-Irish I think I was pretty right

Friday was such a great show, I mean four songs from the Unforgettable Fire...can't top that. Got third row on Adam's side and arrived at 11:30am, got into pit no problem around 4:30 after hearing u2 soundcheck (Mysterious Ways, Unknown Caller, Elevation, Until the End of the World ). Concert was incredible even if the support left a bit to be desired. All the songs sounded great sans Pride (hint hint U2), Crazy Tonight remix = best thing ever
Old 07-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #12
New Yorker

I'm at an Internet cafe right now, so I can't stay on very long, but I promise I WILL post my experience, my pictures and videos on here. to lauramullen, MissVelvetDress_75, eltimbomofo (and CJ, I forgot your screenname!), j123, bonolover44, Patrick from Slovakia and Pat from North Ireland (I also forgot your screennames). I had a fabulous time with them at the Maguires. Scolson, I'm sorry I missed you! I had to catch the bus back to my b&b before your Leonard Cohen concert was done.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #13
War Child

Local Time: 03:01 AM
Just returned from Dublin... it's been a long week and a half... 3 shows in 3 cities, but Dublin definitely tops it all. What an amazing show...what a great time!! Once I get my photos downloaded I will post some. Can't believe I survived my 1st GA...
Old 07-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
Refugee

I preferred Dublin 2 to this show, but I preferred this setlist! Gotta love UTEOTW and Bad... though I always wish for a "super" Bad snippet

The difference between Amsterdam 1 seats and Dublin 1 seats was immense. People were up standing, cheering and dancing right from GO, which took 5/6 songs in Holland - the atmosphere was just miles different. I might even go as far to say I enjoyed this show in seats more than Amsterdam 2 GA.

Highlights were the Edge spinning round in Crazy Tonight... and of course Crazy Tonight itself which I adore. Moment of Surrender sounded stellar to me as usual.

Around 1000 people had gathered near the hill, near the barriers to the stadium and were watching/listening until police moved them away. I know this because i was the VERY edge seat in the lower tier and therefore could see. I also saw Bono being herded off by his minders underneath the stand directly after.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjacqb View Post
I'm at an Internet cafe right now, so I can't stay on very long, but I promise I WILL post my experience, my pictures and videos on here. to lauramullen, MissVelvetDress_75, eltimbomofo (and CJ, I forgot your screenname!), j123, bonolover44, Patrick from Slovakia and Pat from North Ireland (I also forgot your screennames). I had a fabulous time with them at the Maguires. Scolson, I'm sorry I missed you! I had to catch the bus back to my b&b before your Leonard Cohen concert was done.
hola to everyone!

Pics are being uploaded on facebook. I will put them on here.

I am home.