July 24, 2009 - Croke Park DUBLIN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Post your pics, reviews and experiences about this show here. I expect this thread to blow up ;)

Before it blows up, I will post my question once again to increase the chances of having it answered.
When you entered the stadium, did they check your bags?
Did anyone of you bring a DSLR to the concert with no problems?
I'm going tomorrow and I'd really like to know. I hope you had a good gig, setlist looks awesome :)

Yeah - I`d like info about the red zone - where to collect tickets from, which gate for entrance, how was it inside the stadium, really crowded like the inner circle or easy to get a good spot at the rail?

I`m heading over for the monday show :hyper:

Sicy, I have pics, but they will not be posted until Monday. You will have to wait. :wink:

:sad: I`ll be off to Dublin on monday morning............mind you real life is better than photos!

Don`t think I`ll bother with my camera at Croke. Might buy a new camera for Wembley though would rather watch the show than peer through a camera lens. If I get to meet any of the band arrive of leave though I`ll be kicking myself!

Not many pix of meet and greets though.aren`t the band doing any this tour?

Before it blows up, I will post my question once again to increase the chances of having it answered.
When you entered the stadium, did they check your bags?
Did anyone of you bring a DSLR to the concert with no problems?
I'm going tomorrow and I'd really like to know. I hope you had a good gig, setlist looks awesome :)

Today in the inner circle there were 2 DSLR but the guys used it discretly. There were also at least two camcorders.

But it depends of the organisation. Today I entered the stadium with two bottles of water with caps, dont know why... :)

They checked bags when the line got moved into the pavilion outside the stadium.

Here is my review. Got there at 7:30 and was in the upper 200's in line. Who ever said the people in Ireland don't show up early was wrong. GA queue was well organized although it rained off and on most of the day. They also filled up the entire inner circle until it was full and then filled the pitch. A lot of people were complaing because they didn't want to be in the circle.

The band came on between 8:30-8:45 and they were fired up. A lot of energy and excitement. It didn't seem like they went onto the outside of the circle as much as previous tours. Highlight songs are Crazt Tonight and Bad

Who ever said the people in Ireland don't show up early was wrong.

Seeing as the queue was like 90% non-Irish I think I was pretty right :wink:

Friday was such a great show, I mean four songs from the Unforgettable Fire...can't top that. Got third row on Adam's side and arrived at 11:30am, got into pit no problem around 4:30 after hearing u2 soundcheck (Mysterious Ways, Unknown Caller, Elevation, Until the End of the World :drool:). Concert was incredible even if the support left a bit to be desired. All the songs sounded great sans Pride (hint hint U2), Crazy Tonight remix = best thing ever

I'm at an Internet cafe right now, so I can't stay on very long, but I promise I WILL post my experience, my pictures and videos on here. :wave: to lauramullen, MissVelvetDress_75, eltimbomofo (and CJ, I forgot your screenname!), j123, bonolover44, Patrick from Slovakia and Pat from North Ireland (I also forgot your screennames). I had a fabulous time with them at the Maguires. Scolson, I'm sorry I missed you! I had to catch the bus back to my b&b before your Leonard Cohen concert was done.

Just returned from Dublin... it's been a long week and a half... 3 shows in 3 cities, but Dublin definitely tops it all. What an amazing show...what a great time!! Once I get my photos downloaded I will post some. Can't believe I survived my 1st GA... :applaud:

I preferred Dublin 2 to this show, but I preferred this setlist! Gotta love UTEOTW and Bad... though I always wish for a "super" Bad snippet :hyper:

The difference between Amsterdam 1 seats and Dublin 1 seats was immense. People were up standing, cheering and dancing right from GO, which took 5/6 songs in Holland - the atmosphere was just miles different. I might even go as far to say I enjoyed this show in seats more than Amsterdam 2 GA.

Highlights were the Edge spinning round in Crazy Tonight... and of course Crazy Tonight itself which I adore. Moment of Surrender sounded stellar to me as usual.

Around 1000 people had gathered near the hill, near the barriers to the stadium and were watching/listening until police moved them away. I know this because i was the VERY edge seat in the lower tier and therefore could see. I also saw Bono being herded off by his minders underneath the stand directly after. :drool:

I'm at an Internet cafe right now, so I can't stay on very long, but I promise I WILL post my experience, my pictures and videos on here. :wave: to lauramullen, MissVelvetDress_75, eltimbomofo (and CJ, I forgot your screenname!), j123, bonolover44, Patrick from Slovakia and Pat from North Ireland (I also forgot your screennames). I had a fabulous time with them at the Maguires. Scolson, I'm sorry I missed you! I had to catch the bus back to my b&b before your Leonard Cohen concert was done.

:wave: hola to everyone!

Pics are being uploaded on facebook. I will put them on here.

I am home.

IMG_0660.jpg

Got back from Dublin on Sunday after seeing both Dublin 1 and 2. The first night I was up in the stands, second night down in GA. Both shows were brilliant, but the 24th show maybe had a little bit of an extra wow factor for me just because I was in awe at the spectacle of the thing. The performance of Bad was an especially nice touch, as well as the Auld Triangle tune.

I have some pictures here:
Picasa Web Albums - stealthboy - U2 Dublin Jul...

It was odd being light out for the first half of the show, but I guess those Croke Park area residents are all strict about their 11pm curfew. At least in the latter half the light show was amazing.

They checked bags when the line got moved into the pavilion outside the stadium.Here is my review. Got there at 7:30 and was in the upper 200's in line. Who ever said the people in Ireland don't show up early was wrong. GA queue was well organized although it rained off and on most of the day. They also filled up the entire inner circle until it was full and then filled the pitch. A lot of people were complaing because they didn't want to be in the circle.The band came on between 8:30-8:45 and they were fired up. A lot of energy and excitement. It didn't seem like they went onto the outside of the circle as much as previous tours. Highlight songs are Crazt Tonight and Bad
nice to finally meet you & the others in person at whatever that pub was called- we wondered whether you were going to sleep outside the stadium when you left us!We got there at about 9.30-10am the following day and were at the front of the 4th row of the GC queueing system they use out there- each row holds 200 people so we'd have been about around the 600th people there- oddly we got there much later for Saturday & Monday and were still within the first 800 people in the queue. Our goal was to get into the GC, but not be right at the front squashed up by the rail

we were on Edges side of the GC, Pit or Inner Claw or whatever- near the outer cat walk for this show- great set list- so can't pick out any specific highlights- enjoyed the whole thing-except Glasvegas- who were utter crap- a bit like White Lies but without the good songs and the ability to work a live crowd

Back
Top Bottom