July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DSCN0783.jpg

So many people to name.

DSCN0788.jpg

Mini PLEBAN meeting.

DSCN0790.jpg

Hardcore to the end. And DREA made it!

Amazing and Unforgettable show

I'm not sure if it was solely the downpour that brought it to another level, but that was just awesome tonight. The band seemed to feed off the crowd even more, and when I looked up from the field a few times I couldn't believe that every single person was not only still there, but on their feet and more into in than ever.

Very few bands in rock history are capable of that kind of connection with their audience. I'm looking forward to Moncton, but can't imagine how they could top tonight :drool:

Here is a (way large file size sorry) Quicktime of a few seconds of Bono getting soaked:

http://www.brianandtrish.com/u2/tcf/elevation.MOV

My quick thought on this: The band must have damn good insurance, and an ironclad lease giving them the call on if/when to stop the show. If the U was making the call, the deck would have been cleared after the Achtung Baby sequence for lightning.

Great weekend, fabulous show. More thoughts later.

first time ive ever seen so many people happy about getting soaked in the rain, must be a break from the oppressive heat i suppose.

Glad you all had a good time :hug:

I was terrified a week ago that the heat was going to be just miserable yesterday but it wasn't. Nice breeze came in right before the torrential downpour happened. I'd see U2 in the pouring rain any day!!!!

Ironically enough, I'm not bummed out that I missed the show for the reasons you'd think.

...I've always wanted to go to a show in the rain :(.

Busting at the seams packed. And nobody left even though it was a downpour. Beyond amazing!

Wow, Mark was right. There were a LOT of people in GA!

I love the mini pleba meeting pic Mark!:shifty::lol:

My favourite show ever. The rain took it to another level.:love: I kept expecting them to stop the show because of the lightning, but on it went, and it was epic. So many great moments.:wink:

I must say, the gathering the night before was incredible. What an amazing turn out! :up: I never imagined that I would get to meet so many people from here. If I met you, please message me so I can add you on Facebook!

Mark, brilliant tags! :lmao:

WHAT. A. SHOW.

I was so worried they were going to call the show when the lightning kept getting closer and closer. I couldn't tell how much of the lightning those down front could actually see, but there was a LOT of it - a lot of cloud-to-cloud flashes, but also a good number of big ol' cloud-to-ground strikes, and at each one, my section all went "OOOOOOH!" :lol:

Seriously, though - I kept looking to see if anyone was going to run on the stage and tell Edge or Bono to pull the plug.

As far as I could tell, the place was hopping - I think the only people sitting in my section were my parents (their feet hurt! but they only sat for about a half hour), and a couple in front of me who huddled under a half-raised umbrella.

Everyone around us was completely into it, and people either pulled out their ponchos like troopers, or sat and clutched their drowned-rat selves and kept grinning. One guy left early right after the closest lightning strike. He looked up at the sky right after the flash, and I could see it on his face: "Welp, that's enough of that." And he left. :lol:

My parents enjoyed the show, my step-sister LOVED it. Between the rain, the lighting and the fireworks over the river, it was quite a show!

Oh yeah, and U2 put on a hell of a show, too. :wink:

Torrential rain makes even a standard setlist into a great show. :)

Really?!

:ohmy:

I was under the claw grinning at Bono like a hypnotized zombie and had no idea there was that much lightning. I only remember the flash/thunder when they were singing "One" and I thought that that one zap was the only one of the whole show. Wow. It's bizarre when you think about all the energy and electricity last night that we're all ok. Coulda been different.

Maybe that woman KARE11 interviewed at the front of the line was on to something when she said she thought Bono either was God or had some strong connections! :hmm:

:wink:

so glad I decided to make the trip out.

it was great to see old friends one more time and make some new friends. I wish I could have weekends like this all the time.

I am proud of myself for not making any pleban posts in here!:shifty:

Now that I have had some time to think, this definitely was my favourtie show of the whole tour. Shows like this one are few and far between, and it was amazing to be a part of the madness. I am already missing everyone though. K, we need to go out soon!:hug:

I am proud of myself for not making any pleban posts in here!:shifty:

Now that I have had some time to think, this definitely was my favourtie show of the whole tour. Shows like this one are few and far between, and it was amazing to be a part of the madness. I am already missing everyone though. K, we need to go out soon!:hug:

Plebans FTW :shifty: We can keep it clean though so we don't scare anybody :wink:

It was my fav too! And yes we'll go out soon :hug:

Back
Top Bottom